Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Re: Your policy on working with bad weather coming
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2015, 12:36:46 am »
I'm off on a last minute day trip to Belgium tomorrow.

Sod working in the expected high winds and rain.

A bit of rain and a bit of a breeze is one thing but tomorrow's expected weather - nah. I'd rather do something worthwhile than sit and pine that I can't work or brag how I work in any weather.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2015, 07:04:47 am »
Get some industrial work and carry on regardless. The customer very rarely give a, they usually have far more important things on their minds.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2015, 07:44:59 am »
Well I would normally crack on using half decent poles but.......... I just bought 2 extreme poles 47 & 35 and using the 47 with 2 extensions on it last night, every time a bit of wind came it was a nightmare, was supposed to finish it tonight but am not getting them poles out in this wind

I really thought they was going to snap last night

Absolute pleasure to use these poles even at 60' - but there can't be no wind 💨

That's why I don't think I'll ever have an extreme again
They cost you in more ways than one
Slxs all the way for me

jonboywalton75

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2015, 07:46:27 am »
Oh and I'll be working all day here in Cheshire with my Slx and my Smax
I think  :P

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2015, 09:38:43 am »
My policy on days like this ?
Have a lie in.

steve rix

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2015, 09:43:30 am »
We price our jobs to allow for one day a week off due to bad weather, so dont need to work in the rain and wind.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2015, 05:23:27 pm »
Worked all day today in the wind and rain
Good wad
Now i can have Thursday off in the sunshine
Method in my madness :o

Rich Wilts

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2015, 05:29:18 pm »
My policy is I can make enough on decent days so I don't need to be out in all weathers like a desperate fool,
price right and work smart.

What a pathetic and pratish thing to say. Comments like that would qualify anyone as being the forums number one troll.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2015, 05:30:46 pm »
Have a lie in.

Which one is you in your avatar and who is your friend?

Dave Willis

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2015, 06:04:38 pm »
I did my first job today at 3pm back home for tea by five. I'm allergic to bad weather.
The wind caught my Extreme pole in Wiltshire - I landed back down in Somerset.

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2015, 06:36:21 pm »
the weather is looking better for the rest of the week lads! :)

after 4 days off im ready for this months onslaught.my neighbours will be happy too as ive been learning a few new songs on the drums for band rehearsal tomorrow night the last few days.ha ha ;D
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2015, 07:28:31 pm »
My policy is I can make enough on decent days so I don't need to be out in all weathers like a desperate fool,

What a pathetic and pratish thing to say. Comments like that would qualify anyone as being the forums number one troll.

Was going to have a go at that reply, but its the first time in my life that I'm number one at anything so I'm slightly pleased. ;D

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2015, 07:35:45 pm »

rosskesava

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2015, 08:57:56 pm »
Have a lie in.

That's my policy most days of the week.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2015, 09:34:35 pm »
hellish weather up in pennines today, but picked up 3 new jobs and asked by 2 casuals to inc them today. so changed my perception a little bit. survived monday as well

sunshine windows

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2015, 09:40:56 pm »
Worked from 8.30am till around 3pm until the wind really picked up. Thought sod it and went to the snooker club for a knock about. It's my busiest week of the month, but I can generally manage it even in 4 long days, or drag it out a bit. By long days I mean 8am - 3.30pm  ;D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

rosskesava

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2015, 11:12:18 pm »
Spent the day relaxing on a coach and a ferry going to Brugge, in Belgium, and back.

Strangely enough, window cleaning hardly crossed my mind untill I was on the ferry in a gale force 8/9 wind with the sea state 'rough to very rough' when I noticed the windows on the ferry were all like frosted glass and I wondered if they ever use a window cleaner.

How sad is that?

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2015, 07:50:13 am »
Spent the day relaxing on a coach and a ferry going to Brugge, in Belgium, and back.

Strangely enough, window cleaning hardly crossed my mind untill I was on the ferry in a gale force 8/9 wind with the sea state 'rough to very rough' when I noticed the windows on the ferry were all like frosted glass and I wondered if they ever use a window cleaner.

How sad is that?

yes very sad! ;D ;D why would you go to belgium and back in  one day on a ferry in storm force winds? ::)roll ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

andyM

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2015, 08:20:46 am »

How sad is that?

yes very sad! ;D ;D why would you go to belgium and back in  one day on a ferry in storm force winds? ::)roll ;D ;D

Probably coz it's much more pleasant doing a bit of tobacco smuggling instead of window cleaning in strong winds.  ;D
One of the Plebs

rosskesava

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2015, 08:42:53 am »
Probably coz it's much more pleasant doing a bit of tobacco smuggling instead of window cleaning in strong winds.  ;D

;D

Daz - I wasn't going to be working and it's quite an easy trip from here and a good day out.