This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonboywalton75

Re: single vs double di
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 06:42:22 pm »
Good
I'll have to try it
Cheers Chumbucket

duncan h

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 07:47:31 pm »
But I use Vision in my tank. So thats a no go. Something ill try, if I stop using Vision.
Someone else told me, the slower the flow, the longer resin will last. BUT WHY/HOW. Same amount of water passing through it

ChumBucket

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 10:58:51 pm »
But I use Vision in my tank. So thats a no go. Something ill try, if I stop using Vision.
Someone else told me, the slower the flow, the longer resin will last. BUT WHY/HOW. Same amount of water passing through it

Resin volume Vs water flow. If you took a 1ltr vessel with fresh resin in it & blasted water through it at full mains pressure & flow  rate the water wouldn't come out at 000ppm. If you slowed the flow down to a trickle it would then come out at 000ppm. There isn't enough volume of resin to purify the volume of water being passed through it at that speed. Get back to the real world & take an 11ltr vessel, this will purify water at full mains flow rate but........ as the resin inside begins to get used up it begins to lose this ability on an increasing scale as the resin, now in a "mid-life" condition/state can't cope with this flow rate anymore & so the TDS starts to rise. At this point your resin is spent, however, if you were to reduce this flow rate, the resin, in it's "mid-life" state would still be able to purify water to 000ppm as the resin volume can cope with the reduced water flow being passed through it. So, the slower the flow through the vessel, the longer it will be before the TDS begins to rise resulting in an eventual higher volume of 000ppm water produced.

Positivity

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2015, 07:39:41 am »
I've got a separate water softer vessel in my van which stands next to di vessel. I flush it through with new salt every month which I'm hoping will save me a few £££'s. I've been using it since February tds is still 0 so watch this space!
Be interested to know how this works.
I thought water softeners replaced the calcium and magnesium in the water with sodium which doesn't cause scaling in kettles and washing machines etc. but it doesn't actually lower the TDS it just replaces the solids in the water with another solid.
I thought about running a water softener as I use DI only but gave up the idea when I was told the TDS wouldn't actually be lower.

duncan h

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 11:37:43 am »

Resin volume Vs water flow. If you took a 1ltr vessel with fresh resin in it & blasted water through it at full mains pressure & flow  rate the water wouldn't come out at 000ppm. If you slowed the flow down to a trickle it would then come out at 000ppm. There isn't enough volume of resin to purify the volume of water being passed through it at that speed. Get back to the real world & take an 11ltr vessel, this will purify water at full mains flow rate but........ as the resin inside begins to get used up it begins to lose this ability on an increasing scale as the resin, now in a "mid-life" condition/state can't cope with this flow rate anymore & so the TDS starts to rise. At this point your resin is spent, however, if you were to reduce this flow rate, the resin, in it's "mid-life" state would still be able to purify water to 000ppm as the resin volume can cope with the reduced water flow being passed through it. So, the slower the flow through the vessel, the longer it will be before the TDS begins to rise resulting in an eventual higher volume of 000ppm water produced.
Thanks
interesting. Just ordered new resin as my TDS is 002. I will try lowering flow down as I have a good powerful mains pressure. I use a 25ltr vessel, so I should get the most out of it. Oddly, I had 1ltr of new resin left. I tried replacing
 old with new. Didnt do anything

ChumBucket

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 12:32:57 pm »

Thanks
interesting. Just ordered new resin as my TDS is 002. I will try lowering flow down as I have a good powerful mains pressure. I use a 25ltr vessel, so I should get the most out of it. Oddly, I had 1ltr of new resin left. I tried replacing
 old with new. Didnt do anything

Two 11ltr vessels are more economical than one 25ltr vessel. Pumping through these vessels & purifying on demand  is more economical than filling your tank through them at a higher flow rate. It looks like there are two possible avenues there for you to save on resin costs.

duncan h

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 06:42:58 pm »
What about 2, 25ltr vessels :)
and slow tap down ?