This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

single vs double di
« on: May 29, 2015, 07:07:23 pm »
How much does using the double di method save on resin.
My resin has come to an end and considering getting another di vessel and use the double method.
The cost of another vessel isn't the problem. Its the messing about.
I have my 25ltr vessel fixed to my van. I plug my house hose to it....done. So easy. I used to carry it about. Its heavy. I could put 2 vessels in my van, but its more weight and clutter. If it doesn't save loads, then I will leave it as it is

Mike #1

Re: single vs double di
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 07:43:52 pm »
Why don't you purify on demand when at work through the DI vessel(s) .

This will save you money longterm and means you can fast fill your tank with water straight from the tap .

duncan h

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 07:49:22 pm »

This will save you money longterm and means you can fast fill your tank with water straight from the tap .
Not sure what you mean.
I do fill straight from the tap. Takes half hour tops.
Don't see how I could fill while at work anyway. Not many with a hose that would reach my van. Did it once when I ran out of water on last customer of the day

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 07:51:23 pm »
if your spent resin vessel is reading 010 say then you just put another fresh resin vessel in front of it and carry on using it until the spent resin vessel reaches your tap tds then throw away rather than throwing it away at 010.it could last another 2 or 3 weeks.also your fresh resin isnt having to work as hard so that in turn will last a bit longer.

you only need a few bits of hose and connectors and a resin vessel

i always do this.resin these days isnt as good as it used to be for sure.i go through around four 25kg bags a year using around 8000L-9000L a month(tap tds is 30-35)
price higher/work harder!

wpclean

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:08:34 pm »
Well  explained Daz, been using this method for a while, and it cuts your costs down.

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 08:15:55 pm »
if your spent resin vessel is reading 010 say then you just put another fresh resin vessel in front of it and carry on using it until the spent resin vessel reaches your tap tds then throw away rather than throwing it away at 010.it could last another 2 or 3 weeks.also your fresh resin isnt having to work as hard so that in turn will last a bit longer.

i always do this.resin these days isnt as good as it used to be for sure.i go through around four 25kg bags a year using around 8000L-9000L a month(tap tds is 30-35)
I know how to do it. My question is, how much resin do you save as opposed to using it single

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 08:25:04 pm »
you obviously save some.thats enough for me! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 08:42:41 pm »
It depends on your tap tds. You have to make sure you change the resin when vessel 1 goes past tap tds. If not it'll ruin vessel 2 quickly.

The trick to it is that the resin you throw away is totally used up as apposed to 10ish ppm. You'll know yourself how long it takes for a vessel to go from 10ppm to tap tds, that's how much you save.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

wpclean

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 10:06:08 pm »
It save me 28.5 % on average  ;D

Matt.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 10:11:39 pm »

I hope all tds in Manchester is this low dazmond, I will be a happy man

bentsbrook27

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 10:56:44 pm »
Hi guys I have just fitted an extra di vessel on end of my twin ro system after speaking to someone at show so v interested to hear if 28% will be the same for me, I am getting 024 from ro then 000 plus the new di

ChumBucket

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 12:07:50 am »
The higher your input TDS the more you will save. It really is a no brainer- for the cost of one DI vessel it will pay you back in no time at all.

Mike #1

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 07:55:02 am »

Not sure what you mean.
Don't see how I could fill while at work anyway. Not many with a hose that would reach my van. Did it once when I ran out of water on last customer of the day

Fill you tank directly from your outside tap but dont run it through a Di vessel as you are filling up ,  Only connect the Di after you have filled the tank with non pure water .

Then locate your Di after your pump  in the van the water will go through the Di much much slower saving you ££££ long term , Not something i have ever done but few lads on here have mentioned this method before .

If you are currently filling your tank through Di with the tap on full you will be going through resin in no time at all .

ChumBucket

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 10:33:56 am »

Not sure what you mean.

Fill you tank directly from your outside tap but dont run it through a Di vessel as you are filling up ,  Only connect the Di after you have filled the tank with non pure water .

Then locate your Di after your pump  in the van the water will go through the Di much much slower saving you ££££ long term , Not something i have ever done but few lads on here have mentioned this method before .

If you are currently filling your tank through Di with the tap on full you will be going through resin in no time at all .

Bang on Mike. ;)
This is the most economical set up for DI only systems.

Klean07

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 10:51:50 am »
I've got a separate water softer vessel in my van which stands next to di vessel. I flush it through with new salt every month which I'm hoping will save me a few £££'s. I've been using it since February tds is still 0 so watch this space!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

EandM

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 10:57:44 am »
I have two DI Vessels at home and one on the truck. Using the non-zero tds as a filter on the input side makes perfect sense and ensures that the resin is never wasted.

firefly123

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 01:40:19 pm »
i run two di s in garage same has you would in van but less-weight and the battery does not work as hard
shiney one

mufcglen

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 04:50:13 pm »
twin di in the van, ive got the room for it so no issues there and i can top the tank  up while out and about.
when i change the older bottle i always give the bottle thats going first in line a good shake just to make sure theres no water ways in the resin to get through easier.
i do about 500 litres a day with a tds of 75ppm and it usually lasts me about 5-6 weeks max.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 06:36:22 pm »

Not sure what you mean.

Does this method slow your water flow down much to the brush?

ChumBucket

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 06:38:43 pm »

Not sure what you mean.

Does this method slow your water flow down much to the brush?

None at all. ;)