This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amazin

roof racks
« on: May 29, 2015, 06:22:10 pm »
I'm looking to install a Van roof rack for my Transit T260 swb 56 plate. Know any companies that does that or is it something I can buy it then DIY?

Basically I just need it to keep my ladder on top.

http://www.rhino-roof-accessories.co.uk/Delta-Bars/3-Bar-Delta-Bar-System-Ford-Transit-00-14

is that any good? My concern is that when I park my van on the road overnight, would it be easy for them to steal my ladder?

andyM

Re: roof racks
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 07:16:22 pm »
If you are worried about security just buy a triple section ladder that will fit in the van.
The Rhino roof bars are quite good in my opinion, I've got them on my van.
Easy to fit yourself.
One of the Plebs

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 07:53:31 pm »
I use the same rack as above(delta)with rhino lockable clamps.
Both items are great and I would recommend.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 08:02:28 pm »
I use padlocks on my ladder clamps to stop em getting nicked.ive also got the rhino roof bars(2 bar version for a transit connect).does the job and pretty good value for money IMO.
price higher/work harder!

Amazin

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 11:07:33 pm »
Thanks guys, what if they try steal the ladder by removing the rack from the roof because its not screwed onto the roof?

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 11:20:09 pm »
Thanks guys, what if they try steal the ladder by removing the rack from the roof because its not screwed onto the roof?
Ring the police.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Matt.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 11:26:18 pm »
If some one is that desperate to steel, nothing is going to stop them, but a roof rack will be bolted down, and ladders clamps can be padlocked
Roof bars can be popped off with screw drivers,  I suppose it's the same we're ever ya go, but I don't trust the bars.

I had a few Clio vans a while back and was using roof bars, I drilled holes through clamps that go onto van and put nut & bolt through all 4.

2 reasons for this, 1 yes to stop thieves, and the other was I seen a set of roof bars come off a van on m6 just between junc 21-21a, luckily and it was by luck that it never hit nothing, he was bout 400m ahead of me, the back ones came off and just ripped the front ones off with them, by the time he had started to brake his ladders was behind him sliding onto hard shoulder,

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 12:34:32 am »
Bolt an eye bolt or other anchor point to the roof then use a thick chain to lock the ladders and rack to the van.

paulben

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 06:53:51 am »
Get a guard do that stops most thieves if dog chained to van when was last time you heard of something being nicked from travellers site
Do not steal the government hates competition

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 08:00:19 am »
Move to a better area.