Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Simpoles?
« on: May 28, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »
I see they are being advertized as being superior to an SLX and in the same league as an Extreme but will last 10 years  ???

Anyone had their mitts on one?

ChumBucket

Re: Simpoles?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 06:13:17 pm »

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 06:33:32 pm »
They are very rigid and the finish/weave seems to be the selling point.

They do weigh a fair bit though.

I was impressed with them, having a debate now with the supplier. Hoping to compare to extremes.

I don't see how you can compare the extreme though. The extreme was built for lightness.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 08:55:54 pm »
Chunbucket that made my ribs ache that picture and couldn't stop laughing

ChumBucket

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 09:46:02 pm »
Chunbucket that made my ribs ache that picture and couldn't stop laughing

I think it illustrates Simpole's claims perfectly! ;D

kempy

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 09:17:22 am »
The 28ft mini is £450 .
I need a new 30ft as my SLX is now coming to an end .
Tempting , as I prefere longevity than super lightness . I have a 25ft slx and 18ft / 45ft china .

My options  ,
Another - 30ft SLX  - they are quality and good service
New pure-freedom - but is it out yet
X-line - some say are good
Exceed - aqua-adaptor - not heard much about them
Extreame - I can't afford these and I'd break it probably .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 09:33:56 am »
The 28ft mini is £450 .
I need a new 30ft as my SLX is now coming to an end .
Tempting , as I prefere longevity than super lightness . I have a 25ft slx and 18ft / 45ft china .

My options  ,
Another - 30ft SLX  - they are quality and good service
New pure-freedom - but is it out yet
X-line - some say are good
Exceed - aqua-adaptor - not heard much about them
Extreame - I can't afford these and I'd break it probably .

Let me think: (Churchill in 1944)

I've an invasion to plan for shall I order another 1000 Spitfires and Tempests or shall I take a chance on the wonderful all new untried Gloster Meteor jet? Or the Supermarine Spiteful which is even better than the Spitfire?

Hmmmm ... 1000 Spitfires that have worked well and developed well for the last five years or the others. I know I'll stick with the Spitfires. And buy a handful each of the others and see how they go.
It's a game of three halves!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 09:56:47 am »
The thread on FB made for an interesting read. 350+ posts about 3k finish and Gardiner poles etc.

Simpole was being compared to an extreme. Heavyweight pole Vs Lightweight pole lol  ::)roll

Simpole should be compared to an SLX.

The way Scott handled himself was a disgrace to the industry IMHO.

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, but lol.

kempy

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 10:38:26 am »
Hence I'm either buying another 30ft slx , sim-pole , or whatever else

sparkleglass

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 10:43:37 am »
kempy you got the 45 china pole what do you think of it, I got one great for the money as I only use six times a month....

Frankybadboy

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 02:06:08 pm »
Scott know jack crap about the pole he just a glove puppet to the American and just puts it in northern English talk

Walter Mitty

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 02:31:52 pm »
I suppose that once you get below a certain pole weight, the issue become durability.
Once a shiner gets over a certain age, the issue also becomes weight versus durability :)
Seriously, change the pole a bit more often or take a chance on changing body joints?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »
Scott know jack crap about the pole he just a glove puppet to the American and just puts it in northern English talk

This is why we need a like button.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 03:04:27 pm »
I suppose that once you get below a certain pole weight, the issue become durability.
Once a shiner gets over a certain age, the issue also becomes weight versus durability :)
Seriously, change the pole a bit more often or take a chance on changing body joints?

And again.

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 08:04:44 pm »
For some reason I get notifications from that facebook page and to me, and it's just my opinion, the bloke who is selling them comes across as a complete dork.

As for the poles themselves, he sort of compares them to an extreme/slx and says they're better but never seems to get down to details or precisely why they're better. It's like it's all pr and no substance.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

kempy

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 10:43:17 pm »
kempy you got the 45 china pole what do you think of it, I got one great for the money as I only use six times a month....

I got the 18 & 45ft china for about £330 . The 45ft is awesome as like you , it gets used just a few tines a month

kempy

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 10:44:50 pm »
The simpole uses a thicker carbon wrap , hence heavier , but more durable . They look decent enough

Plankton

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 08:26:33 pm »

I got the 18 & 45ft china for about £330 . The 45ft is awesome as like you , it gets used just a few tines a month
Are the China poles on ebay or direct from someone or is it a secret. Wouldn't mind looking at the specs in comparison with Gardiners. I'm not looking to buy anything window cleaning related for a few months so just window shopping for now.