This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt.

Can I use a di pre filter
« on: May 28, 2015, 02:24:47 pm »
Hello guys,

I have just been given the go ahead on a job, it's a glass roof on a big scale. I have been to the job and I can't do this job with a van system, due to h&s. It's an absolute NO. 

So the plan is to set up 2 x di bottles coming out of direct water pipe on job, (they sorting all that tho), I will turn up an  put my fittings on and away I go, now only problem is I don't yet know the tds of water and was thinking is there a filter I can use pre di bottle to save resin.

I can't put a tank up there, so this my only way, they really don't want anything that doesn't have to be up here

Thanks guys

Matt

oldman

Re: Can I use a di pre filter
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 02:44:47 pm »
Why don't you price the job accordingly.....

or

Just do the job in the rain.

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:23:42 pm »
The job is priced accordingly,  ;D believe me, ...... and method statements and all the other requirements, the water will be purified direct from the tap that is getting fitted..........

Question was can I use a pre di filter that will help save resin

martinw

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 04:41:04 pm »
Prefilter will not change tds.  Using resin only can be costly depending on how high input tds is on site not to mention fiddly if you need to change it mid job (size of bottles will matter).

Matty, what confuses me a bit is the fact that you will be running hoses from tap to the glass roof yet you cant do this from the van? If you can park your vehicle close enough you should be able to use pure straight from tank unless its atrium external clean???

Matt.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 05:40:08 pm »
Will post a pic wen am started but u will understand, the glass alone is 50ft plus high and more than 250m long, this is why I have asked them to get me access to water on the roof

The job will take 2 x guys about 10 days working 12 hrs shifts.

I have allowed for 20 bags of resin incase of high tds but was hoping for some kind of filter that may help reduce tds.

No worries tho

Thanks

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 05:58:23 pm »
You could have a small 250tank around and have twin 4040's producing into it, but depends how much of a ball ache that would be on the job (and cost if you havent got them already)
You might find you clean it quicker using tap pressure anyway, but you will spank through resin with a high tds...
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Matt.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:51:48 pm »
Hello Don, I says all this to them but there is a max 400kg weight inc you and your working partner and all equipment and they have said no to any type of tank being on the roof, so went to trolley system explained how this worked.............. Still no no no.

This is how and why were at were we are, so I have gone through everything with them and this is were we have now agreed, they have had to have contractors in cutting into pipes to fit taps onto.  Hopefully I will get back there next week and check tds.

I just wasn't sure if anybody had or used something that may help, but thanks all the same

Matt

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:57:47 pm »
Pre-di won't help.

Clean it with tap water first then final clean and rinse through the vessels, that is if you haven't priced to include the resin.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Don Kee

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 09:59:02 pm »
Hard to say without knowing the job really mate...
Unless use of a mewp is possible, think your way maybe the only way...
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

duncan h

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:12:12 pm »
"20 bags of resin"
That would last me years

chris turner

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 10:35:03 pm »
Can't u strap two 4021 membranes or even a 4040 to your back, have there water going in to the membranes, the pure coming out the membrane straight into your pole?
If there water pressure was good enough it could definitely work and would be cheaper then 20 bags of resin.
Or just use a portable ro system, make it lightweight as possible possible, get rid of the pre filter and run the water straight through an ro, Polish off with as small a di as possible.
Would kill the membrane but would get through the 10 days and still cheaper then 20 bags..

Matt.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 11:23:51 pm »
I suppose so....... What ever works really,

They want me up there with everything I need, ...... to come down off roof requires loads of messing about, how much water would a 4040 give, direct to di then brush.

Resin was added to bill at £75 per bag = £1500.  Am just hoping of tds less than 80

ChumBucket

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 11:32:14 pm »
If the glass is 50ft + high, is there a need to use pure water at all?

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 11:58:08 pm »
The job in excess of £10k I am defo using pure, I want it back next year.  ;D

chris turner

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 07:25:52 am »
Matty whereabouts is the job?
Company I use to work for were di only in a hard water area, tap reading was 349ppm. They would fill there 650 litre tank up 2 and half times before changing the resin. So would get roughly 1600 litres per bag of resin.
349ppm is on the fairly high side so if the water at this job is around that mark, working for 12 hours a day you'd probably go through a bag a day, 10 bags total.

Matt.

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 08:25:14 am »
Hello Chris, I pretty much went at a bag of resin per person per day, the job is in Manchester city centre,

Scrimble

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 02:02:02 pm »
can you get a water tank up onto the roof? if so use a 4040 ro and rig up a pump/leisure battery/controller basically a van mount but on the roof?

pure freedom trolley but have it draw water from a 1000l ibc?

Matt.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 04:41:29 pm »
Explained higher up in post, nothing but essentials allowed up there,

I think I am going to go with tap water to start removing all the crap and then go 2 x 11L di bottles to purify from tap to clean may take a bit longer but am sure will save resin, just hoping for a double digit number on tds meter  ;D

Thanks for the input guys

Matt

Ashley Brothwood

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »
What about buying a few more resin chambers. Having 4 / 5 in a row, same principle as double di but even if the first only dropped it by 20, the second the same as so on it's still dropping it by something, just keep rotating so as soon as the tds gets too high to work take the first and add it on at the end. Having a set up like that might cut the resin used by 25% odd atleast

Matt.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 05:33:43 pm »
Good point mate I just assumed 2 would do it but if not then ye 3 4 5 how ever many it takes really