Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gerald Ash

Re: dumped by a clever customer
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 05:23:42 pm »
I could undercut loads but what`s the point?
   When I knock doors I ask if they have a window cleaner, if the answer is yes I reply " I won`t bother you any further sorry to disturb you." I`m probably missing loads of work but I`m not upsetting anyone. Even if someone says they`re not happy with their windy I tell them to let him know and give him a chance.
     It puzzles me why people want trad as I`ve  converted lots of custys.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 07:14:11 pm »
Anyone who has been with you for a while and will move for a price reduction is not worth calling a customer.  See this as a good thing, as it's allowed you to cut some customers from your round that you don't want.

Move on.  You don't want reluctant customers.  You want people who are happy to pay you for a decent service.   So keep looking for the right people.  Leaflet/canvass/advertise until you have a round of people who value your service.

Do your job correctly and price becomes, within reason, irrelevant,

As for 'having a word' with your competitor, why would you want to do that?  You should be encouraging him to take your price conscious customers.  Get rid of them as soon as you can.  He'll be losing them as soon as someone cheaper comes along.  What's he going to do then?  He's got nowhere to go but lower prices.

Vin

Johnny B

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 08:10:47 pm »
Anyone who has been with you for a while and will move for a price reduction is not worth calling a customer.  See this as a good thing, as it's allowed you to cut some customers from your round that you don't want.

Move on.  You don't want reluctant customers.  You want people who are happy to pay you for a decent service.   So keep looking for the right people.  Leaflet/canvass/advertise until you have a round of people who value your service.

Do your job correctly and price becomes, within reason, irrelevant,

As for 'having a word' with your competitor, why would you want to do that?  You should be encouraging him to take your price conscious customers.  Get rid of them as soon as you can.  He'll be losing them as soon as someone cheaper comes along.  What's he going to do then?  He's got nowhere to go but lower prices.

Vin

Spot on.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Plankton

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 09:42:39 pm »
Text from custy "hi there this is no7 xx xx. I was wondering when U R next here to clean the windows thanks?

Reply " Hi I'm actually cutting back the run so late payers etc will be removed first.
Unfortunately no7  xx xx will no longer be cleaned.
Best wishes Alan."

Custy " I payed U the last time U where here ??"
Custy " I have never missed a put for U and also got U business elsewhere not very professional !!

A three weekly customer who has paid on only three occasions since August!
She passed my number to a friend and also to her daughter. The friend is an ok payer and the daughter never answered etc so was stopped after three cleans then the for let sign appears. Turns out the neighbour owns the house and is also a customer so she pays the debt in exchanged for invoice and told me they moved to the mums at no7 xx xx
Hence she is dumped and good riddance.

Johnny B

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 12:57:23 am »
I am always prepared to take ex-customers back, if it means I am making money from them. I will even take non-payers back on the condition that they pay me all moneys owed, plus the current clean in advance before cleaning.

I have a couple who still owe me for past cleans but, desperate as they are for me to clean, are not quite as desperate to pay, so currently remain off the books!   

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 06:08:41 am »
I am always prepared to take ex-customers back, if it means I am making money from them. I will even take non-payers back on the condition that they pay me all moneys owed, plus the current clean in advance before cleaning.

I have a couple who still owe me for past cleans but, desperate as they are for me to clean, are not quite as desperate to pay, so currently remain off the books!   

John

But not as desperate as you are to have them.

Johnny B

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 07:51:44 am »

John

But not as desperate as you are to have them.

Probably looks that way! It's a bit of a game really. I know they're not going to pay, so I smile to myself as I clean their neighbours' windows as theirs get mankier month by month!

John

AuRavelling79

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 11:10:38 am »
Dumped isn't always the same as cancelled.

Dumped is "dropped" "chucked" "binned" "slung away" etc. Like "not today" or hasn't paid and when chased might pay up but drops you.

Cancelled might be those above but might also be done with notice, a good reason and considerate attitude - like lost their job or even the one who said "my husbands just retired, less money coming in he says he's going to do them but I know he won't so when I ask you back in a few months do you mind?"
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2015, 11:34:57 pm »
Non payers aren't bad customers, really.
You never got a 'not today'. They never complain about or notice a price increase. They rarely question the standard of your work and so on.
I wish I had more of them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐