Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Liquidater working a treat!
« on: May 23, 2015, 08:06:18 am »
Chucked the plastic tips away, hacksawed ends to forty five degrees and dog eared the metal tips to a sensible angle. No faffing around with boiling water, no skipping on the turns and no need to change your technique.  :D

NWH

Re: Liquidater working a treat!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 11:47:46 am »
I will be buying those new infer channels when there out,change the rubber each time no faffin

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 03:33:47 pm »
Was going to take the clips off my liquidator but they had already fallen off after a couple uses, never to be seen again.
Will take a look at the unger dog eared sqeegy once that's released.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 05:42:06 pm »
I lost one of mine when I threw it up the garden path  ;D Must have shot over next doors fence I think.  ;D

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 07:12:36 pm »
If you like pre dog eared channels and like me find the liquidator rubbish then look out for the new unger dog eared channel simple desisign and effective.
You should  not have to d.i.y and adapt. Pre manufactured tools.
Moreman need to stick to floor squeegees.

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 07:29:29 pm »
Yes, the Unger looks similar to what I have done with my own Unger S channels only better. Beauty is of course if they've got it right it should last for years.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 08:53:21 pm »
Yeah Dave if Ungers new channel works well then it's job done on the dog earring front,it's been crying out for Unger or Ettore to do it with out incorporating plastic into the mix. If these makes of squeegees are looked after they can literally last a working life.

lal

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 08:56:28 pm »
 I've ordered 2 of the Unger S channels, was told on the email i would get them in 5 working days, i'll let you know
 how i get on with them.

Lal

NWH

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 09:13:31 pm »
The only thing with them is  you have to settle for the lengths they supply,I have channels I cut down for inside jobs on Georgian windows that fit perfect so you can get each pane in one pass. I hope they make them in smaller sizes  in a 4" 5" 6"  as well as the standard sizes

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 11:14:42 pm »
I've ordered 2 of the Unger S channels, was told on the email i would get them in 5 working days, i'll let you know
 how i get on with them.

Lal

I would check  your order as the new channel is called the unger s plus.
As far as I know it is not out on sale tell june- August  in the uk no suppliers have any yet although they are taking pre orders.

ChumBucket

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »
I don't understand why there is any hype over Unger's dog eared channel, this is something that anyone can very easily do to any channel with a pair of pliers!! ::)roll In fact, cut the channel end at a slight angle first, then dog ear & you've got the best of both worlds- a liquidator & Unger s plus in one!

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 11:43:14 pm »
The only thing with them is  you have to settle for the lengths they supply,I have channels I cut down for inside jobs on Georgian windows that fit perfect so you can get each pane in one pass. I hope they make them in smaller sizes  in a 4" 5" 6"  as well as the standard sizes
Just use damp and dry microfibers for interior of Georgian windows, its quicker more effective and you needn't worry about channel lengths.

lal

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 12:13:38 am »
 how i get on with them.

Lal

I would check  your order as the new channel is called the unger s plus.
As far as I know it is not out on sale tell june- August  in the uk no suppliers have any yet although they are taking pre orders.

Hi cgh, you are right its called the Unger S Plus, which i've preordered from http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/unger-schannel-plus-with-soft-rubber-p-10719.html    knowing it wasn't available until June to August, but for some reason i got an email saying it
was shipped with royal mail airmail and arrive in 5 to 7 days, I'm in Galway ireland.
Lal

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 03:26:44 pm »
I don't understand why there is any hype over Unger's dog eared channel, this is something that anyone can very easily do to any channel with a pair of pliers!! ::)roll In fact, cut the channel end at a slight angle first, then dog ear & you've got the best of both worlds- a liquidator & Unger s plus in one!

Spot on. Just looks a bit neater that's all. I don't think the price was bad when I looked - can't remember offhand. Two Liquidater Channels wasted me about £25 I think.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 04:06:15 pm »
You wouldn't get away with using cloths on those types of windows,I prefer to blade each pane it does a better job

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 05:50:42 pm »
You wouldn't get away with using cloths on those types of windows,I prefer to blade each pane it does a better job
been using them for years  detailing these type inside panes always get perfect results with just using damp and dry microfiber detailing cloths.

HALTON

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2015, 06:26:20 pm »
My unger s plus is pre ordered .

NWH

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 06:40:54 pm »
The thing is I'm hoping and am expecting is that they have the angle perfect so no need to sod about adjusting it yourself,put the channel in and no need to worry as it should do the job we are looking for. To me that's what I'm paying for

lal

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 06:58:26 pm »
The thing is I'm hoping and am expecting is that they have the angle perfect so no need to sod about adjusting it yourself,put the channel in and no need to worry as it should do the job we are looking for. To me that's what I'm paying for

+1
Lal

ChumBucket

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 07:36:35 pm »
Again, this is something you could do in approx 10 to 15 seconds with a pair of pliers, any time, any channel. Why anyone is pre-ordering a pre-dog eared channel is truly beyond me?