This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark m

AuRavelling79

Re: New pole tap
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2015, 06:01:10 pm »
Tap in a holster works for me. Fitted between pole hose and reel hose. Used t for over five years now.

(I did have a remote from Peter Fogwill on my trolley system - it switched on OK but due to electrical interference from the pump would not switch off if any further than about six feet away.)

Simples.
It's a game of three halves!

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2015, 06:33:40 pm »
Some people need a tap on the head - preferably a large one.  ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2015, 06:41:29 pm »
I've been using a remote for about 6 years. It turns the pump on/off. The remote is on a carabina attached to a belt loop on my trousers.

The battery in the remote lasts well over a year.

It cost a fortune as well. About £20 or less off FleaBay.

It's simple complicated, you know, pushing a half inch diameter button that's right next to your hand already.

I can't see any real advantage in a solenoid on top of the pole except that the water would stop instantly. At the end of the day you would have maybe saved half a litre of water. Whoppeeeeee.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2015, 06:59:30 pm »
I've been using a remote for about 6 years. It turns the pump on/off. The remote is on a carabina attached to a belt loop on my trousers.

The battery in the remote lasts well over a year.

It cost a fortune as well. About £20 or less off FleaBay.

It's simple complicated, you know, pushing a half inch diameter button that's right next to your hand already.

I can't see any real advantage in a solenoid on top of the pole except that the water would stop instantly. At the end of the day you would have maybe saved half a litre of water. Whoppeeeeee.

So you use a van mount with doors open ?

rosskesava

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2015, 07:18:30 pm »
So you use a van mount with doors open ?

I use 5mm streamline so I can shut the doors.

My pump, controler, etc, can be left in the van and used as a van mount or stuck on top of a barrel on a trolley. One pump, etc,  and the best of both worlds.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »
Interesting, I use a remote and its not the best. I need to have a word with grippa tank. I close all my doors up.

rosskesava

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2015, 11:25:18 pm »
The remote I use will work all the way around about 80% of houses I do. For places where I know it won't, either it doesn't matter as I'm going straight from window to the next, etc, or I just kink the hose and use the pressure switch on the pump.

Some places it easier and quicker just to use the trolley as I can have it set up in under a minute because I made it myself to work customised to just how I wanted it to be used.

I have two receivers worked by one fob. One receiver is on the roof of the van and the other is on the trolley system which is never far away when used.