This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Positivity

Re: New pole tap
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 08:27:47 am »
Why? when a tap does the job.  ???

Some things never make any sense to me. A tap on the brush is one I have never fathomed out in eight years of wfp too.
Makes me laugh when I see taps at the brush head - who's got 30 foot arms to switch it on and off?
All that water peeing out when you extend the pole and still peeing out until you retract it again!
More laughable when the ones who use it are always complaining about the cost of resin etc..

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 09:41:02 am »

Some things never make any sense to me. A tap on the brush is one I have never fathomed out in eight years of wfp too.
Makes me laugh when I see taps at the brush head - who's got 30 foot arms to switch it on and off?
All that water peeing out when you extend the pole and still peeing out until you retract it again!
More laughable when the ones who use it are always complaining about the cost of resin etc..

Been using a tap at the brush end for around 4/5 years. Perfect setup for me.

bobplum

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 10:09:45 am »
its very light, had a feel at the show, you can recharge it, small usb port on the side, i think its less than 66 grams, which is the weight of a  flow control valve, i think Aquataps are 88 grm............like all things im sure it will have its place in the market

NWH

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 12:30:58 pm »
I really don't know why anyone would need anything like this,if you really need to save water just pinch the hose on the pole. I was once silly enough to try an aqua adapter,I put it on the pole and raised the pole and once I realised it felt like a brick in the end I took it off and sent it back. Even the bloke from Aqua adapter said they are working on the material used as he said they are noticeable on the end of the pole

Walter Mitty

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 12:53:02 pm »
I think someone should invent a brush with 100 electric toothbrushes on the end; would save loads of scrubbing.

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 01:03:22 pm »

That's what I can't get my head around - pull up start the water squirting then extend the pole - all the time water is pumping out everywhere. Scrub the glass (can't shut the water off for the vents or open window) rinse down then squirt all over the brickwork to the next window. Custy comes out to pay you so you lean the pole against the top window and pump another five litres all down the wall? What happens on five stories you must get soaked extending the pole up.
Is that how it works?

TomCrowther

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 01:33:25 pm »
If you want to stop the water flow for a few seconds, kink the hose. Stop for a few minutes, disconnect the pole hose from the main hose. Simple.

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2015, 01:39:36 pm »
You can't  kink the hose and keep 2 hands on the pole,  a normal tap on the brush head is a waste of time, tried it for a while, but those that turn off by either pulling pole hose or even better twisting the pole save loads of water and allows you to wipe over a sill without the water running.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Lee GLS

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 01:43:49 pm »
Apparent it is going to cost £120  :o
Think I will stick with my Aqua dapter

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 02:12:17 pm »
£120 ????

Not researched the market that well then

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »

That's what I can't get my head around - pull up start the water squirting then extend the pole - all the time water is pumping out everywhere. Scrub the glass (can't shut the water off for the vents or open window) rinse down then squirt all over the brickwork to the next window. Custy comes out to pay you so you lean the pole against the top window and pump another five litres all down the wall? What happens on five stories you must get soaked extending the pole up.
Is that how it works?

Yes. Except I don't get wet lol?

SeanK

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2015, 02:23:07 pm »
Was there not some sort of remote that switched the pump on and off a while back and also turned the flow
up and down.
I think that's the way I would  go if my tap on holster wasnt so easy to use and cheap.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2015, 02:29:21 pm »
Was there not some sort of remote that switched the pump on and off a while back and also turned the flow
up and down.
I think that's the way I would  go if my tap on holster wasnt so easy to use and cheap.

Kinda. One shot remote with "wash" "rinse" modes.

SeanK

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2015, 02:45:50 pm »

Dave Willis

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2015, 03:24:42 pm »

Is that how it works?

..................... mad as a box of frogs!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2015, 03:27:32 pm »
Here's a vid www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CpeSJG0PE0

No that's an analogue pump controller with remote on and off. You can't use the remote to turn flow up and down. With a one shot you can.

The controller in the video is made buy a guy called Richard.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 03:30:21 pm »

Is that how it works?

..................... mad as a box of frogs!

The only advantage of using Aqua taps, Aqua dapter, triggers and taps is water saving. With my way i have 5 grams of weight added to the pole brush head and waste more water. I don't care about wasting water. I care about weight.

The only method that i would look into it tap and holster. Does not appeal to me at all.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 03:31:37 pm »
I also have one shot remotes fitted to my setup.

ChumBucket

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 04:02:39 pm »
After Twelve years of just having a water-stop connector on the end of my microbore...... I'm gonna stick with it!! ;D

mark m

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 04:41:12 pm »
I love the idea it is so light as well I use both aqua dapter and the tap but I think this could be the answer as the others are not fall proof