This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SeanK

Would you work on a wet Saturday ?
« on: May 16, 2015, 01:04:49 pm »
I know there are guys that work in light rain I do it at times myself, my question is would you do it on a Saturday
when more customers will be at home and the chance of getting a complaint is higher ?
Could have done with getting out this morning but its been raining (not heavy) non stop for most of it so haven't bothered.
If it had been a weekday I would have cleaned away without giving it a second thought.
I just wonder would turning up on a Saturday in the rain be a step too far.

dazmond

Re: Would you work on a wet Saturday ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 01:36:59 pm »
i have sean and have had no problems at all and no "not todays".ive not worked a sat this year though as it was my new years resolution to try and not work weekends at all.ive not broke it yet! ;D
price higher/work harder!

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 01:39:29 pm »
Nope! Never work weekends.  ;)

In ansrew to your question though, if you're behind and need to work and your customers can't appreciate you putting in the effort on a crap  day they need dumping.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Rich Wilts

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 05:15:09 pm »
I wouldnt work on a dry Saturday.

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »
I struggle to work on a Monday  :-\ but did struggle out for an hour v early today to do a couple of small offices that front onto a busy road.
My advice is check with your customers when you first take them on. Explain that your working week is Mon_Fri with occasional Saturdays.
If anyone says oh not at the weekend thanks. Make a note on your system. My gardener comes round whenever he wants to. Sunday lunchtime even. I don't mind at all, others might do.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 11:01:27 pm »
Saturday?  :o

gary999

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 11:57:47 pm »
I work any day I feel like  unless the weather conditions are atrocious ...im not
working Monday and Tues im off fishing for a couple of days, then im working Wed-Sat
I enjoy the flexibility window cleaning gives me why would I cut my nose off to spite
my face with a silly set of rigid rules on what days I work.

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:06:34 am »
Some of the best work I've got has been picked up from working on a Sat and Sun. A lot of people who work Mon to Fri never get a chance to ask a window cleaner to do their windows because generally they never see one.

I also do some commercial work in the evenings and I'm amazed at how many jobs I've now got next to shop fronts, etc, that I do on the same evening evening as the commercial work but every 4 or 8 weeks, etc. In one place where I do a shop front, signage etc, every 2 weeks, I have 5 four weekly easy terraced house fronts within 7 houses distance, all done in the the evening at £15 a shot.

I tend to  take time off during the week instead, or if I feel like because I enjoy what I do, I just work the whole week as well but there again, I've no kids. They've flown the nest.

Anyway, I get time off when the weather is she-ite like tomorrow will be.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

chris turner

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 07:45:57 am »
Anyone working on a wet Monday, looks rubbish today ::)roll

martinw

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 08:15:50 am »
working anyways, has to be done.
saturdays tend to pick up a bit more walk ins. last sat  got fsg and windows clean, one conny roof and another house next door to it. all in the same street.

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 08:38:25 am »
I hardly ever work Saturdays as I tend to have a hangover, the only thing less appealing would be if it was also raining.

chris turner

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 08:41:19 am »
I'm skipping today and working Saturday.
Rains coming down hard now and will be here most of the day.
I worked in the rain on Thursday last week and was soaked through by lunch time even with the waterproofs on.
Only 4 day week next week so will be working this Saturday regardless of weather.

jwplasterers

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 08:50:27 am »
Always work weekends in all weathers, had 3 days off in 3 months and booked up at the weekends for another 3 months windows monday -Saturday  and exterior house cleaning Sunday's.😃

jwplasterers

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 08:53:16 am »
Also work hours are 0900-1600 Because of 7 days a week

Matt.

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 09:07:11 am »
Anyone working on a wet Monday, looks rubbish today ::)roll

Yes mate I am........ And work every Saturday regardless of weather  !!! Been ping down all night but had a lot to do this week so started at midnight.
Won't finish til bout 8 tonight, if am lucky 😪 and will be similar hours everyday this week

Matt.

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 09:10:46 am »
Also work hours are 0900-1600 Because of 7 days a week

Similar situation, mate I haven't had a day off In a few months and fully booked up for as far as I can see, but tbh mate it just becomes a way of life. But I wouldn't mind a few days stating and finishing at them times

Blackadder

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 09:16:25 am »
I went to Greece for 3 nights early last week, so to catch up, I worked both Saturday and Sunday this weekend, didn't feel right though, worked without a smile on my face!