Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trippyboy

Best All round Gardiners Brush???
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:09:20 pm »
Im looking to replace my dual trim white bristle brush soon.
Its about 4 years old so its earned its money.
I see Alex has about a million brushes on the market these days, so im wanting to know which one will best suit me.
I want something that splays well but has good scrubbing power.
I always rinse on, so I believe a soft bristle brush is not an option.
Im not interested in cill brushes either.
Finally I always use lumark fan jets
Over to you folks

Clever Forum Name

Re: Best All round Gardiners Brush???
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 09:44:54 pm »
Supreme soft hybrid.

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:01:40 pm »
Supreme soft hybrid.

Soft hybrid is a terrific brush..
Iv just switched back to the supreme medium mixed hybrid for standard windows and for me it beats the soft hybrid in terms of scrubbing power and cleans much quicker.
It's not good on leaded on windows though so I switch back to the soft hybrid for these.
The joy of a greased up gardiners quick lok is that you can switch brushes quickly and easily when required so you can use the best brush for the job.

duncan h

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:02:53 pm »
You got it wrong way round. SOFT for rinsing on glass.
Soft hybrid. Splays a LOT

Rich Wilts

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 10:57:45 pm »
Supreme soft is too soft. They splay after a few weeks. I've had one on the go for just about three weeks and the side bristles are looking decidedly ragged.

I'd say the Supreme medium mixed IME is as good a brush as any on the market.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 10:59:00 pm »
I think if your used to using a very light brush or extreme anything heavier is a disadvantage regardless of its cleaning power,I would always go for lightness over this as a couple more scrubs is a lot easier over the course of a day than a heavier brush. To me those new supremes feel like bricks compared to the extremes

wpclean

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 05:21:29 am »
Supreme soft is too soft. They splay after a few weeks. I've had one on the go for just about three weeks and the side bristles are looking decidedly ragged.

I'd say the Supreme medium mixed IME is as good a brush as any on the market.
Agree

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 06:39:37 am »
Supreme Soft Hybrid a few bristles are a little ragged after a few weeks of use but its the bomb , The extra weight over an Xtreme is a bit of an issue for me as my shoulder is playing up a bit never did with Xtremes .

But i am heavy handed  so Xtremes dont last me long at all so over the coming weeks i am going to take an extra section off my pole as i dont need a 22ft pole most of the time .

Medium Hybrid i only use for first cleans if i can bothered to switch brushes and on jobs that are surrounded by trees or on busy roads but overall it may well prove to be more robust because of the stiffer outer bristles over the soft brush .

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 06:59:49 am »
The best brushes on the market are the xtremes, the best all rounder is the xtreme medium mixed ( black and white )
I very rarely use anything else for cleaning windows, I just love the lightness and control you get once you get used to them.
I have been using my latest one for just over a year and would say it has about another 3 or 4 months of life left in it
which is value for money in my books, but even if I had to change it every 6 months it would still be worth it to me.

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 07:18:14 am »
I've been using the soft hybrid Supreme for a few weeks now - it's ok. I don't rave over it, it's a bit better on snail trails I suppose but in my opinion its the wrong shape anyway. Windows have ninety degree corners without exception - the brush is rounded and misses the corners unless rammed into them, bit like the old oval Vikans. If its 35' or more then the stiffer version goes on the pole as the soft one splays a bit too much with the added pressure.
I rarely use fans.

Mike #1

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 07:47:34 am »

I have been using my latest xtreme brush  FOR JUST OVER A YEAR (  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ) and would say it has about another 3 or 4 months of life left in it
which is value for money in my books, but even if I had to change it every 6 months it would still be worth it to me.

SeanK

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 08:11:23 am »

I have been using my latest xtreme brush  FOR JUST OVER A YEAR (  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ) and would say it has about another 3 or 4 months of life left in it

What's so hard to believe about that ? its only used to scrub dust and the odd bit bird muck of glass and plastic.
You stick to using a wire brush and sandpaper.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 08:16:39 am »
I have two/three year old sill brushes.

Supreme used every day since launch pretty much.

18 month old extreme brushes.

All look like new tbh.

A sill brush would last me 18 months if used every day.

My dads supreme brush looks worse for wear over mine and I clean more than him.

To me this all points too techinque and over cleaning. The show was a real eye opener for me. Being to understand why guys don't seem to earn what they proclaim.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 09:18:22 am »
Basil bush for me

robbo333

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 09:43:50 am »
Extreme hybrid medium mixed for everyday stuff (so quick).
Extreme flocked soft for all leaded (smooth as silk over the leads).
Radius sill brush medium dual trim for really bad first cleans and connies (it's a powerhouse of a brush).
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

chris turner

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 09:45:07 am »
My supreme soft also looks ragged after only a few weeks use.
The medium I'd used for a month before, was back on my pole this week and still looks in great shape.
I'm slightly heavy handed I will admit, brushes never last me long so soft probably not good for me.

Mike #1

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 10:12:57 am »
Seank  hard to believe   :o ;D

Damo on the other hand you have a brush fetish you have more brushes in your bedroom than Gardiners  ;D ;D .

I can defo believe you as you will look after them like no else .  :D

I am quite heavy handed and always knock against window reveals

I

SeanK

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 11:11:09 am »
Its the same with every job, back in my sheet metal days there where guys who had tools for years that looked
like new and others who had new tools that where on their last legs.
Iv seen it many times, guys trying to force a saw blade through a piece of metal in which both themselves and the saw blade ended
up knackered, but the guys who let the blade do the work got there just as quick with person and blade unharmed.
I think Damo's reply is spot on.

SeanK

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 11:21:03 am »
My supreme soft also looks ragged after only a few weeks use.
The medium I'd used for a month before, was back on my pole this week and still looks in great shape.
I'm slightly heavy handed I will admit, brushes never last me long so soft probably not good for me.

I also found the soft xtreme only lasted a few weeks and to be honest I wouldn't consider myself heavy handed, I think the soft
isn't a great brush for everyday use its more suitable for windows that should be treated with care.
An occasional brush to have in the toolkit.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 11:22:21 am »
On regular work you only need an extreme,I use the extreme stiff Mark 2-3 version which had the best bristle he's done in them. I use it for 95% of my work the new extreme stiff  is a totally different brush as the bristles are not the same and there's not enough of them in the brush,there's plenty out there that do the same as the supremes but there to heavy for me I would concentrate on making the lightest brushes. About 2 years ago the extremes were at there best but since changing bristle manufacturers there not the same on the glass although they do the job.