Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt.

Vyair 10 lpm
« on: May 07, 2015, 09:14:16 pm »
I pondered on this for a bit now, spoke with vyair today and he told me the 10 lpm, and not the 12 lpm would be best using 8mm hose or less

Will get it fitted over the weekend and let you guys know what I think of it.

Matt

MNWC

Re: Vyair 10 lpm
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 04:05:01 pm »
had mine now for about 2 weeks wired straight up the the controller. Works well ....

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 07:02:57 pm »
Hello mate,

I spent the week hating my new pump, set calibration to 30 as says in booklet but controller keeps flashing de ( dead end ) which then cuts the pump out,
Tried speaking to Phil at vyair but he's about as much use as a chocolate fire guard

I have tried cal on every number tried auto cal and have now worked my way back from pump though Di and into hose reel which is were the problem seems to be, entering the 8mm hose.

Any suggestions before I end up putting it in the bin.

Or

Could u by pass this by using a switch instead of the controller supplied  or buy another controller

Thanks for any help it appreciated

Matt

Rich Wilts

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 07:19:54 pm »
I don't know what size hose a 12 lpm pump would require but a 10lpm needs 8mm hose. I've used a 10lpm pump on 6mm hose without a controller and it's no good. The pump cuts out due to the pressure. I don't like 8mm hose so have downgraded to 6 mm and now run a 7lpm Vyair pump which is a very good flow rate. 

Don't like 8mm hose so the 10lpm pump is just a spare really.

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:20:39 pm »
You need to adjust the pressure switch on your new pump, calibrate your controller to the recommended setting
then turn the screw on the pressure switch anticlockwise slightly until it stops dead ending.
I think its anticlockwise for your problem but if that doesn't work try it clockwise.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 07:22:28 pm »
You need to adjust the pressure switch on your new pump,

Pressure switch on a Vyair pump?

Matt.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 07:34:37 pm »
I am using 8mm hose, pump is the 10 lpm, I kind if guessed it's something to do with pressure but I tried all I know.........
......... I am in need of the great ciu to help

Matt

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 07:36:22 pm »

Yes its like a small cylinder that sits out on the side between the pipe connections ( that's as good as I can describe it)
I think the screw is between the wires but 100% sure on this.

Matt.

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 07:52:57 pm »
Am on way home now so will check wen i get there

Fingers crossed

Thank you very much for the help

MNWC

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 08:38:19 pm »
I just wired mine straight into the controller, Varistream mk 1. Phil from Vyair told me not to disconnect the pressure switch on the pump and just re- celebrate the controller which i did and its been working faultlessly since....

100 metres of 8mm minibore

Matt.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 08:42:57 pm »
It all started great, connected up looks good and bang de on the screen,
Only thing I have in mind, is I have an in line hose connect about 70m into hose, would this effect it at all

Matt.

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 08:43:39 pm »
I can't find nothing on the pump that may be pressure switch to turn

slap bash

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 08:51:35 pm »
All this talk about 6 and 8 mm hoses is a load nonsense.  When the water enters a 6mm pole hose(4mm Id) and 2x 1 mm jets, does not make sense to me. Vyair on a B/s trip. I am not impressed with there advice I have had from them in the past.

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 08:53:42 pm »
Am not very happy and won't be buying again.

Phil can't even be bothered to email me back and I was going to buy 4 of these, lucky escape I think

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 09:46:16 pm »
Hello mate,

I spent the week hating my new pump, set calibration to 30 as says in booklet but controller keeps flashing de ( dead end ) which then cuts the pump out,
Tried speaking to Phil at vyair but he's about as much use as a chocolate fire guard

I have tried cal on every number tried auto cal and have now worked my way back from pump though Di and into hose reel which is were the problem seems to be, entering the 8mm hose.

Any suggestions before I end up putting it in the bin.

Or

Could u by pass this by using a switch instead of the controller supplied  or buy another controller

Thanks for any help it appreciated

Matt

I've read so many different variations of what to do with different combinations of pumps (flo jet, shurflo) married up with different controllers............(spring/varistream) that i forget what they recommend.Some are disconnect or bypass your pumps pressure switch others are leave it as is . Safe to say if your new pump is not performing with your controller, then bypass your pump pressure switch and all should be fine. You did say initially it all started up fine and looked good, but went downhill after that ? Thats your problem. Bypass the switch. I also notice the bumf for the vyair pump says 100psi, switch cuts in at 80PSI ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

martinw

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 09:47:32 pm »
There is no pressure switch adjustment on those pumps. Switch is either on at 80psi or off at 100psi as per label.  The best results I have had was when solid tubing was installed all the way to hose reel which resulted in better calibration. I have messed with 7l pump for  over 2 years and found that it can be temperamental depending on hoses used due to expansion under different temperatures.
Additionally it uses more juice from battery than flojet or shurflo pumps as de flashes for a while and the pump cycles until switch activates.  If pressure switch is bypassed you will need to sizeable battery and bench charge every night. It uses 10 amps constantly and can easily discharge battery below 50% in a single day easily shortening its lifespan.

Matt.

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 10:20:07 pm »
Loads of info guys but I still don't know what or how to do this bypassing, all the equipment works.

I disconnected hose that goes to hose reel with 8mm and the pump kicked in with water flying out so my problem lies as the water goes into the reel ???

CleanClear

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 10:32:38 pm »

Top right hand side of pic you can see two wires going into a switch ? Pull them off and join them up together so they are not "switched" on or off.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Matt.

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 10:38:13 pm »
Looks very similar but am sure the top is different we're the wires go in, am in bed now so will have to get back on it in the morning between jobs were I can,

Thanks mate

Rich Wilts

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 10:55:08 pm »

Yes its like a small cylinder that sits out on the side between the pipe connections ( that's as good as I can describe it)
I think the screw is between the wires but 100% sure on this.

Isn't this a shurflow pump your describing?