Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jetcleanni

new pressure washer.
« on: April 09, 2015, 10:21:18 pm »
whats the best new pressure washer I could buy with a budget of 2500 maximum. I want something 21lpm diesel and electric start. I currently have a 15lpm machine but upgrading as ive got some regular work coming my way. completely different subject but what do you guys charge for chewing gum removal? for a commercial customer? perhaps someone would be willing to have a chat with me about this and share a few secrets.

Matt.

Re: new pressure washer. New
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 01:51:49 am »
Rutland pumps built me  gx390 with inter pump 21 lpm 220 bar, mine on a plate that's around the £1500 mark prob a bit more with elec start but defo worth it. Hoses are priced by the length but he's very competitive with the price

Just google Rutland pumps and his web with his number on, tell him what you want and he will give you a price, I will even send him your number and he can call you.  If you want to that is,  :D

Or there's his email address,

sales@rutlandpumps.co.uk

I speak to him regular, he's been very helpful, bare in mind the only jet wash I had ever used before buying mine was a karcher from b&q so I didn't know anything about them.

So for me, it's great that I can call or email him, and he's right there back to me with answers.

Heres an email off him, when I first got in touch.

Hope it helps.

We can certainly put together a good package deal for you we do a package in competition with Slipstream (basically a better machine at a better price).

My first question to you would be to ask whether you would like a machine with a gearbox or direct drive. Whilst many claim that the gearbox is the only way to go, there are an equal number who set their store with direct drive. To be honest 10 years ago I would have said that a gearbox was absolutely necessary for the longevity of your machine. With the modern E3 series pumps I would not be quite so sure. There is an advantage to the gearbox but the price increase is usually around £150 to £200 depending on whether an RS99 or RS500 gearbox is used.

My second question would be based to an extent on the answer to the first. What sort of pressure would you be looking at for your machine. If you go direct drive you get a higher pressure and higher flow than with a gearbox unit as you loose 1.3HP to the gearbox.

If you are looking at 21Lpm you would get roughly 220Bar direct or 190Bar via a gearbox.

The next question is would you like a return to tank system or internal bypass / control set. the return to tank system is the best as it prevents water re-circulation within the head of the pump whilst the trigger is closed, this reduces the chance of the water being heated within the head which can cause seal damage if left for an extended period. The alternative does recirculate the water within the head of the machine but again this is becoming less of an issue with the newer pumps, this also negates the need for a return line.

Would you like quick release fittings on your hoses and lance or screw type couplings (M22).

What Hose length would you like? 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 metres.

Would you like a turbo (rotating nozzle)

Would you like your lance ends on quick release on a single lance / as different lances & triggers, so one for washing down / one with a turbo nozzle on. Or would you like a split lance - Single trigger with 350mm lance then a coupling to allow you to attach a 700mm lance extension with turbo nozzle or wash down jet. ( This is cheaper than having two complete lances and leaves you less likely to misplace a quick release jet if you had one lance with Q/R jet / nozzle)
Either way I would supply an Industrial MV2012 Trigger made in Italy.

What size whirl away would you like? 18 - 22 - 24 inch? All come on castors some sizes are available in stainless steel rather than polycarbonate.

There is also an IGX type engine in the 390 range which auto governs depending on load these save up to 30% on fuel costs. (Drops revs when trigger closed revs up when opened again, only revving to the demand of the pump whilst in use)

I hope that this isn’t too boring for you to read through I will give you a call tomorrow to see what you have come up with.

Many thanks

01664 490 451 / BenM@RutlandPumps.co.uk

Rutland Pumps Office: 01664 490 451 / Email: Sales@RutlandPumps.co.uk
46 Hall Close, Whissendine, Rutland, LE15 7HN
www.RutlandPumps.co.uk

jetcleanni

Re: new pressure washer.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 08:20:54 am »
thanks that is actually really helpful it might actually be worth having a chat with him.im going to send him a email and check he can supply to northern Ireland. I will tell him you gave me the referral

when I started I bought a 15lpm Honda machine from jetmac which is only about 30 mins from where I live. the machine is fine but now that I have some regular customers I wouldn't mind upgrading. I always thought gearbox and electric start was the way to go but after reading your email now im not so sure.

let me ask, if you were going to upgrade your machine what would you buy and why?

again off the subject but do you have any commercial customers? did they ask for a risk assessment or method statement? have you got either I could take a look at??

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 11:53:10 am »
No worries mate, hope he can help you and I don't see why he can't deliver to NI, it's only next stop after me
As am in Liverpool
If you want, I can send you a pic of my machine, the only thing I wish I had got but never was the electric start off him, but he did tell me to get it, am just a corner cutter when it comes to cost.

I was in a similar situation a few months ago, and I got help off Chris on here, who knows what he's talking about, so once he put me in touch with Ben, it was just a case of agreeing on what was best for me.

I can't give an answer to what I would upgrade to, I think the machine itself I have is very good, I would prob consider buying a hot box in the future maybe as add on to machine.
Look through so posts at the bottom of page, there is some info it was discussed about 2 weeks ago
All my work is commercial mate, I don't do any domestic work at all, that's not to say I don't want it, I am all commercial.
With regards to risk assessment and method statements, working at heights permits, they are different for every job but a basic one can be amended or altered to suit the job, even tho I supply them with quotes 9/10 don't even want them.
Keep them simple as possible and don't complicate things.
They just get sent in as a formality.
Started a job last night for network rail, and it's a joke, the health and safety side to it, 7 hour shift last night lucky if we got 40 mins work done, ordered a 50m spider lift with job, network rail get involved and we ended up with a 22m piece of junk on tracks that don't even reach the bottom half. So no matter how much planning and things put in place, sometimes you are having to alter and amend as you go.

Rescheduled all work to fit around this job and after the first night it's come to a stand still.

Send me email if you want pic

Mattlogan@btinternet.com

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 05:43:59 pm »
These H+S mad firms make my blood boil, had to sit through two videos and read leafets before being allowed on site just to clean the windows.
For that money you should be able to get a brand new 21 lpm diesel.

Matt.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 08:39:01 pm »
Hello rob.

Window cleaning In lime st station doing high level glass and dusting down cables, I bent over backwards to please him, in the end I thought sod ya, give us a bell wen u have sorted out the issues, packed my swag away,
Just got email before saying can we start again tomora night............

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 09:13:19 pm »
Why does everyone seem to want jobs doing yesterday at the moment, are you going to do it?

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 09:35:53 pm »
Yes mate, I will go back tomora and see what silly ideas they going to come up with,  there is spot lights facing up at the bottom of the windows, cables fuse boxes and other electrical bits, I says I will need to cover them with plastic sheeting so you will have to turn them lights off, incase the sheeting melts, and he says I can't, I says why, he says it not in the method statement.

Ok mate, I going to start packing my stuff away now.

Why he says.............

If I blow the electrics in here, coz my water has got into the electrics, who is going to get them finger pointed at them, and who is going to be footing the bill.

Just stupidity, idiots, basic silly people

jetcleanni

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 08:33:25 pm »
These H+S mad firms make my blood boil, had to sit through two videos and read leafets before being allowed on site just to clean the windows.
rob what equipment do you use for commercial work? I gather you are probably more experienced than most what advice can you offer. is there any particular brand / machine you would say go for? all my work has been domestic until now so really looking to upgrade soon. besides risk assessment and method statement is there anything else youwould tell me to go and get before going after more commercial customers? appreciate any advice you can give cheers. Andy

jetcleanni

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 08:37:34 pm »
No worries mate, hope he can help you and I don't see why he can't deliver to NI, it's only next stop after me
As am in Liverpool
If you want, I can send you a pic of my machine, the only thing I wish I had got but never was the electric start off him, but he did tell me to get it, am just a corner cutter when it comes to cost.

I was in a similar situation a few months ago, and I got help off Chris on here, who knows what he's talking about, so once he put me in touch with Ben, it was just a case of agreeing on what was best for me.

I can't give an answer to what I would upgrade to, I think the machine itself I have is very good, I would prob consider buying a hot box in the future maybe as add on to machine.
Look through so posts at the bottom of page, there is some info it was discussed about 2 weeks ago
All my work is commercial mate, I don't do any domestic work at all, that's not to say I don't want it, I am all commercial.
With regards to risk assessment and method statements, working at heights permits, they are different for every job but a basic one can be amended or altered to suit the job, even tho I supply them with quotes 9/10 don't even want them.
Keep them simple as possible and don't complicate things.
They just get sent in as a formality.
Started a job last night for network rail, and it's a joke, the health and safety side to it, 7 hour shift last night lucky if we got 40 mins work done, ordered a 50m spider lift with job, network rail get involved and we ended up with a 22m piece of junk on tracks that don't even reach the bottom half. So no matter how much planning and things put in place, sometimes you are having to alter and amend as you go.

Rescheduled all work to fit around this job and after the first night it's come to a stand still.

Send me email if you want pic

Mattlogan@btinternet.com
matt thanks for that. still  learning myself. I like how you have only commercial work I imagine this pays better. and more regular through out the year ect. send me an email would ya? would mind seeing your machine to get an idea of what this guy made you. andrewlambert1989@live.co.uk  if you could send me an example of risk assessment or method statement id really appreciate it. don't worry I wouldn't copy it directy or share it I just want an idea of what I actually need. don't know where to start.

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 11:57:28 pm »
rob what equipment do you use for commercial work? I gather you are probably more experienced than most what advice can you offer. is there any particular brand / machine you would say go for? all my work has been domestic until now so really looking to upgrade soon. besides risk assessment and method statement is there anything else youwould tell me to go and get before going after more commercial customers? appreciate any advice you can give cheers. Andy

I'm just an enthusiastic amateur, mainly use my old Honda but hire in when needed.
Doing work is easy, its keeping the penpushers happy and getting paid on time which is the hard bit.

Matt.

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 10:33:28 am »
I'm just an enthusiastic amateur, mainly use my old Honda but hire in when needed.
Doing work is easy, its keeping the penpushers happy and getting paid on time which is the hard bit.

That in a nut shell.......

Don't just think coz u working on commercial premises that you earning top dollar, as with domestics there are those good paying jobs and those that arnt so good but it's part of a package.

In the past when I have really wanted a job, I have just gone to them and said this is free if u want I done again give me a bell and it's worked 😃,
Don't go barging in if u don't really no wot ur talking about or u will come in stuck, but use common sense and most jobs are easy.

Sell yourself  boy

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 08:49:49 pm »
Of course Dave, just let me finish lime st station first  ;D