This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimlaffo

Work trainers
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:14:08 am »
Hi, does anybody wear a smart work trainer for work?
For a while I've used Dickies black work trainer (although they are more like a shoe) but found they gave me blisters etc and aren't exactly comfy either. So, at the moment I am back to a standard white trainer. Although they are comfy I'd prefer something a bit smarter and more preferable for work. I'd prefer a trainer but if you have any other suggestions then I'm open for change, but comfort is the key.
Thanks.

Mike #1

Re: Work trainers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 10:42:10 am »
On a good dry i wear white rockport trainers very comfy and breathable , Just took a quick look on Sports Direct their is some Karrimor Duma running shoes in black for £19.99 ,

What with the warmer and dryer  weather approaching i would probs buy 2 pairs at that price , I used to wear the walking shoe but rubber soles were so soft i would walk the soles of them in about 8 weeks .

duncan h

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:11:06 am »
http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/footwear/hiking-boots/mens-walking-boots/
I swear by these. I normally wear trainer out in no time. Normally get wet and end up smelly. These waterproof trainers are ace. I get them wet through walking dogs etc. Not a drip gets in/ Last ages and normally have offers on in shop

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:13:17 am »
Almost too good for work
but these are without a doubt the most comfortable working boot I have ever worn
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dr-Martens-Mens-Leather-Slip-On-Chelsea-Dealer-Boots-Gaucho-Oily-Dark-Brown-8250-/270864738865

Tom White

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:13:25 am »
I just use my old running training shoes in Summer and a pair of gortex lined, leather British army boots in Winter or when it's wet.  I can't fault the army boot, once they're broken in they're just perfect.  I haven't found better; warm dry feet and very comfortable.

EandM

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 11:48:57 am »
On a good dry i wear white rockport trainers very comfy and breathable , Just took a quick look on Sports Direct their is some Karrimor Duma running shoes in black for £19.99 ,

What with the warmer and dryer  weather approaching i would probs buy 2 pairs at that price , I used to wear the walking shoe but rubber soles were so soft i would walk the soles of them in about 8 weeks .

The Karrimor walking shoes are excellent - breathable but waterproof with a very rigid sole that provides good protection. Usually half price in Sportsdirect at about £25-£35 and get about 18 months use wearing them every day. Best work foot wear I've had yet.

DaveG

You can't polish a turd

jimlaffo

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:32 pm »
Cheers. I might give them Karrimor running trainers a try for over the summer then try some boots out towards winter time.

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 12:58:33 pm »
I shredded a pair of Gelerts and a pair of Karrimors in about 8 weeks each.
Back to Berghaus.
They're expensive-but they're the best.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 01:16:23 pm »
My feet have now shrunk to a size 6 so I struggle to find shoes and boots at times .

Karrimor KSB with vibram soles are the pick of the bunch for karrimor .

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 01:18:09 pm »
For the winter I have just changed to sorell boots  a very good boot.
I normally wear merrel ventis mid walking boots and find these very  comfortable  although they let in a  little water on realy wet days.
Have just purchased a pair of rubber converse trainers wich are fully waterproof .

EandM

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 02:15:16 pm »
Cheers. I might give them Karrimor running trainers a try for over the summer then try some boots out towards winter time.

There are two different sole and heel styles which can be crucial depending on your foot shape / width. The thicker style with plenty of sole cushioning and support I find great but the thinner, lighter versions dig into my foot and are extremely uncomfortable. Worth bearing in mind if you buy online or if you find the in store versions initially uncomfortable.

PoleKing

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 03:04:56 pm »
My feet have now shrunk to a size 6 so I struggle to find shoes and boots at times .

Karrimor KSB with vibram soles are the pick of the bunch for karrimor .

How tall are you, Mike?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Mike #1

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 03:20:32 pm »
5ft 2"  last time I checked I might have shrunk height wise also .

Give it a few years I'll be like a hobbit .

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 06:41:47 pm »
Pink ???

gary999

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 06:46:03 pm »
i wear these lovely on you feet and get them in the colour to match me work wear

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/asi3838/asics-gel~nimbus-16-running-shoes-~-ss15/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=price_comparison&utm_campaign=googlebase-uk&mkwid=trd25rEz&pcrid=58958994973&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxd6oBRCRoMrWmLOCvI4BEiQAYyZdkb-mnfZ_lL5qiM-2OpJuxpR8bm-aiIYOzg8hiXRmopMaAsbR8P8HAQ

Do you use these for running aswell...ive got my first half marathon coming up in july looking for running
shoes that will be good for the distance.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 07:51:51 pm »
yes i do gary,just picked up a pair of red minbus 15 for £62

the new models are 17 and £100+ so a bargain and no real difference just difference colour schemes,really good for high miles running and the comfort is there as well and last

Frankybadboy

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 07:52:40 pm »
Pink ???
you need glasses you old fart  ;D ;D ;D

gary999

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 08:15:57 pm »
yes i do gary,just picked up a pair of red minbus 15 for £62

the new models are 17 and £100+ so a bargain and no real difference just difference colour schemes,really good for high miles running and the comfort is there as well and last
Will have a look at them cheers Franky :)