This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

School windows insides .... old sellotape !
« on: March 27, 2015, 07:55:36 am »
Apart from a scraper is there a product that will shift old sellotape from the windows ?

Mike #1

Re: School windows insides .... old sellotape !
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:08:48 am »
Apart from a scraper is there a product that will shift old sellotape from the windows ?

If just on glass i would use a scraper , If on the frame try a citrus cleaner such as used for tar removal etc off car body work , Tried some sticky stuff remover the other day not impressed at all .

So used a an aresol citrus cleaner and the non scratch scourer pad off my Gardiners scraper took it straight off .

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:18:51 am »
sub contractor is the best way of removing sellotape ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 10:26:49 am »
I soak it first so removes easily otherwise your there all day and it keeps getting more and more sticky spreading with the scraper blade. I put paint thinner on realy bad ones which removes them with ease.

Matt.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 11:53:49 am »
Yes mate as mick says soak up and leave for a bit, if the water can get past the plastic part the glue behind gets wet and will even wipe off with a cloth. But it's a scraper definatley.

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 02:27:50 pm »

Yes mate as nick says soak up and leave for a bit, if the water can get past the plastic part the glue behind gets wet and will even wipe off with a cloth. But it's a scraper definatley.

??? ???

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 02:53:34 pm »
Sticky stuff remover seems to be rubbish now :(

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 05:09:17 pm »
cheers lads ... looks like scraper it is ....

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 05:13:04 pm »
sub contractor is the best way of removing sellotape ;D

your too expensive for me

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 06:42:56 pm »

Wish i had known before i wasted my money the spray can stuff i use a bought from Lidl , about 2 yrs ago bought 2 small cans and it has been spot , Also works on french door hinges which custys have sprayed with WD40 .

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 07:06:06 pm »
Magic eraser pads dampen with water and scrub to remove sellotape from glass with ease.

ray mck

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 07:08:16 pm »
Best stuff is window fitters ,frame cleaner put it on a rag first.

Kevin Beanz

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 07:17:51 pm »
 ???

Wish i had known before i wasted my money the spray can stuff i use a bought from Lidl , about 2 yrs ago bought 2 small cans and it has been spot , Also works on french door hinges which custys have sprayed with WD40 .
windobeanz  not windybeanz

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 08:26:45 pm »
Yup,  just wet the sellotape, then scrape off. 

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

LBWCS

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 09:30:34 pm »
as part of the quote i add in for schools that all material should be removed from the glass prior to clean. e.g. blu tack. If you dont put this disclaimer in you will be there forever with some schools

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 10:41:52 pm »
meths

Ian101

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 08:06:22 am »
as part of the quote i add in for schools that all material should be removed from the glass prior to clean. e.g. blu tack. If you dont put this disclaimer in you will be there forever with some schools

on clean I did last week out of 5 classrooms 3 did and 2 didn't bother .... when quoted job in email specified all artwork to be removed from windows but old sellotape was left behind  ::)roll

got 2 more to quote from the first school I ever did  :)

Ian101

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 08:07:21 am »
Magic eraser pads dampen with water and scrub to remove sellotape from glass with ease.

what is a magic eraser pad .... whats in it if anything .... where can u buy em from ?

Tadgh O Shea

Re: School windows insides .... old sellotape ! New
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 10:52:33 am »

what is a magic eraser pad .... whats in it if anything .... where can u buy em from ?
Magic eraser pads or microcleaning pads are melamine foam pads which have many different uses for deep cleaning hard surfaces,  they are widely available in supermarkets, many pound store shops have them, and many online retailers have them, if you prefer not to use a scraper on the glass then you won't find a better tool than a melamine pad for removing sellotape and you only need to  use them damp with water, another great use for them is if your customer wants you to do insides which have a greasy film build up because like most she will always have been using traditional glass/mirror cleaners again just using a melamine magic eraser pad with water will remove any residues from these glass/mirror cleaners.