Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

VW's - utter garbage!
« on: March 26, 2015, 06:59:38 pm »
I've said it before - they are overpriced rubbish! Every VW I've owned has failed.

My son took his Golf GTI in for it's first service this morning nothing wrong with it. Picked it up and ....... the sensor that controls how close you follow the car in front has failed, automatic lights have failed, keyless entry has failed and the radio turns itself off when the engine cuts out to save fuel. Even better is the mechanics didn't notice any of this when they gave the car back.
I'll certainly never touch a VW again. Sons VW van blew up at 70k too.

dazmond

Re: VW's - utter garbage!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:29:58 pm »
the bass player in our group had loads of trouble with his VW  too.he got rid.

price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 07:34:50 pm »
I have a mk5 golf gti....I've had no problems it's a brilliant car.

LWC

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 07:39:51 pm »
Funny you should say this, a customer of mine was talking about his sons VW Crafter van, said hes had nothing but trouble with it, hes changed vehicle now!

I was shocked to be honest, ive always been a big fan of VW so to hear people having big troubles with em does shock me.

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 07:56:06 pm »
Quite  a lot of people are having problems with them. Not the solid cars of the past

DeLuce

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:31:38 pm »
Mmm, had Golf's for last 18yrs, all tdi version.  Never had a problem. Looked for a newer model late last year and was unimpressed by price and features, so bought an Audi A3 ( I know, yeah, it's VAG group). Very impressed. It's a tdi Quattro and far more comfortable than a Golf  and more features. The most comfortable I've ever owned. Poshest car I've ever had too.

chez

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »
Couldn't disagree more. Have a vw transporter. One thing has gone wrong in 6 years, the air flow in the turbo and that's it. Had a vw Passat and it never let me down. Now have a brand new vw golf gt and it's quite simply superb. Best car I have owned ( apart from the Mazda rx8, which is the best driver experience but at 13 miles per gallon around town had to go)
Hope you get yours fixed ok tho
Cheers Chez

Perfect Windows

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:58:56 pm »
Never, ever forget that people's perceptions of VW reliability are based almost totally on VW's advertising.  Nothing more. 

Cue 300 anecdotes about "mates" who have never suffered a problem.  They are cars, just like everyone makes.   Plenty of them break down.

Vin

Perfect Windows

jimmy boots

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 10:01:05 pm »
How very dare you.....  :o  My T4 is my baby. I wouldn't have a bad word said about it   :)

Vorsprung durch Technik !

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 10:44:57 pm »
The plural of anecdote is not data.  This is data:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/breakdown-cover/most-reliable-cars/

Vin

That an interesting lost, Vin.
Cars in the VAG are in reverse order of price compared to reliability.
I wonder if it comes down to the way they are driven?
A Skoda driver is gonna drive in a different way to an Audi driver in my experience...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

CF Facilities

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 07:24:30 am »

Vin

Very interesting Vin I was having a discussion  ::)roll with my wife only yesterday about this. We have a Renault which is shocking always in the garage and she says all second hand cars are the same and break down and she us adamant that they all cars cost the same to keep on the road in the long run.  ::)roll ::)roll. I'll show her this.

8weekly

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 08:07:15 am »

Vin
No surprises with Land Rover. Note that the table takes into account cost of repair, so maybe that s a factor in why the prestige marques don't perform as well as you might expect.

SeanK

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 08:26:37 am »

Vin

Very interesting Vin I was having a discussion  ::)roll with my wife only yesterday about this. We have a Renault which is shocking always in the garage and she says all second hand cars are the same and break down and she us adamant that they all cars cost the same to keep on the road in the long run.  ::)roll ::)roll. I'll show her this.

I'm totally surprised Renault aren't at the bottom, when I got rid of mine I swore that I would never own one again
and cried with joy.
Wouldn't  take a Renault as a gift as they are nothing more than money pits.

PoleKing

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:12 am »

Vin
No surprises with Land Rover. Note that the table takes into account cost of repair, so maybe that s a factor in why the prestige marques don't perform as well as you might expect.

I didn't see that.
It makes sense.
The VW mechanics are priced at £60 p/h +vat and Audi £80 p/h +vat.
It's the same training is imagine.
And the coffee's better at Audi than VW.
My last car was a Seat (loved that car) and the showroom and coffee was worse than VW.
I wonder what Skoda coffee is like? Rough I'd bet.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 11:06:35 am »
I have a vw caddy van, and I love it. Never lets me down, and solid as a rock.

Personally I think vw has a well deserved reputation for quality and reliability

8weekly

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 04:00:06 pm »
I have a vw caddy van, and I love it. Never lets me down, and solid as a rock.

Personally I think vw has a well deserved reputation for quality and reliability
I personally find the squeaky earrings irritating.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 06:19:23 pm »
ive forgot more about vws then most will ever know , and it goes like this , olds vws unbeatable , new vws utter rubbish

duncan h

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 07:24:32 pm »

Vin

I'm totally surprised Renault aren't at the bottom, when I got rid of mine I swore that I would never own one again
and cried with joy.
Wouldn't  take a Renault as a gift as they are nothing more than money pits.
I had a rare Laguna 250hp electric everything. Leather, satnav blah blah. Always something wrong with it. Mainly electrics. Fantastic drive but rubbish really.
Wife had 2 Renault sport clios  FANTASTIC cars. She drove it flat out all the time. Never battered an eye lid.

All cars break down!!!! some good some bad.
Many years ago (70's) Vauxhall made a car called a viva. If you owned one it was the best or worst car you ever owned. Nothing in the middle.
Merc's used to be bullet proof. Buy a merc van now :(

capn sparkle

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 07:35:20 pm »

Vin

About time Honda got into making vans and selling 'em here!!

Don't even think about getting me started on Vivaros.... Grrrrrrr