This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: VW's - utter garbage!
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 07:46:57 pm »
No sunroof now, no back wiper  ::)roll

KS Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 07:57:08 pm »
The plural of anecdote is not data.  This is data:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/breakdown-cover/most-reliable-cars/

Vin
No surprises with Land Rover. Note that the table takes into account cost of repair, so maybe that s a factor in why the prestige marques don't perform as well as you might expect.

I didn't see that.
It makes sense.
The VW mechanics are priced at £60 p/h +vat and Audi £80 p/h +vat.
It's the same training is imagine.
And the coffee's better at Audi than VW.
My last car was a Seat (loved that car) and the showroom and coffee was worse than VW.
I wonder what Skoda coffee is like? Rough I'd bet.
My wifes Audi A6 was due it's first service beginning of this month, it was only an oil change, oil filter and pollen filter, Audi Edinburgh wanted £350 for this :o. I took it to a local Audi approved garage and got it done for £155.

C o z y

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 08:46:10 pm »
How very dare you.....  :o  My T4 is my baby. I wouldn't have a bad word said about it   :)

Vorsprung durch Technik !

That's AUDI mate  ::)roll VW is "Das Auto". Bloody Guurmuns.

:D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

PoleKing

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 08:43:32 am »
The plural of anecdote is not data.  This is data:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/breakdown-cover/most-reliable-cars/

Vin
No surprises with Land Rover. Note that the table takes into account cost of repair, so maybe that s a factor in why the prestige marques don't perform as well as you might expect.

I didn't see that.
It makes sense.
The VW mechanics are priced at £60 p/h +vat and Audi £80 p/h +vat.
It's the same training is imagine.
And the coffee's better at Audi than VW.
My last car was a Seat (loved that car) and the showroom and coffee was worse than VW.
I wonder what Skoda coffee is like? Rough I'd bet.
My wifes Audi A6 was due it's first service beginning of this month, it was only an oil change, oil filter and pollen filter, Audi Edinburgh wanted £350 for this :o. I took it to a local Audi approved garage and got it done for £155.

I have similar experiences.
The last service was £400odd.
Halfrauds quoted (from memory) £250.
So I rang Audi back and asked them to match the Halfrauds price.
They said no. ;D
To their credit though, they dropped their price to a little over £300.
So, in effect, it cost me a little over £50 for an Audi stamp on my book.
I spent the afternoon 'working' in their little office they provide and drank as much coffee & coke as I could and ate as many biscuits that come in their own packets as I could.
£50's worth?-probably not.
I was happy though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

PoleKing

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 08:47:16 am »
One of my customers is a high up type in VAG, if I see him this month I'll ask him about the new or facelift on the T6.
How old is the T5 now? 10 years? +?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Twc services

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 10:08:00 am »
2003 was the first year for the t5 with facelift in 2010. Bit long in the tooth now. Good vans though can't grumble at mine.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 10:30:32 am »
So, in effect, it cost me a little over £50 for an Audi stamp on my book.
...they provide ... coke
£50's worth?-probably not.
I was happy though.

According to the government, coke is £54 a gramme, so you're up on the deal.  And happy to boot.

Vin

jimmy boots

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 11:09:49 am »
How very dare you.....  :o  My T4 is my baby. I wouldn't have a bad word said about it   :)

That's AUDI mate  ::)roll VW is "Das Auto". Bloody Guurmuns.

:D

Vorsprung durch Technik

Das Auto  :).......

Das Auto

Von Der   :)

Mist A Bit

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 11:50:21 am »
wife had a vw polo, was rubbish,we got rid and brought a suzuki grand vitara v6  5 years older than the vw and its much more dependable , the engine is far superior.

But then on that list jaguar are not that good yet mine had yet to have a single fault.
The comments on renault remind me of one i had which had a complete inability to hold its own coolant and anything electrical wuld run for a day or so before packing up.

another note i use an iveco for work which lets face it have a bad rep, mine is completly fault free and had been fro day one .
some cars and vans have inherant problems but a lot is due to how theyre looked after. i service my van and cars myself much more often than  they need but this ensures they will reach astronomical mileage

SeanK

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 12:24:42 pm »
Not joking I had a Mazda 323 sporty shape for 13 years and only serviced it once, it had the same oil that was put into it
after the first six month service to keep the years warranty right.
I think the only money that was ever spent on it was for tyres, brake pads and a clip for the exhaust.
It never failed the MOT once and after 13 years when a few things did need replaced I had to scrap it as I couldn't get the parts.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 01:04:07 pm »
... a lot is due to how theyre looked after. i service my van and cars myself much more often than  they need but this ensures they will reach astronomical mileage

This is very true.  My local garage says people are in two camps, ones who service their vehicles and people who are surprised by big bills.

Vin

Mick Kent

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 02:11:31 pm »
My fav car is a renault. The renault 5 gt turbo..what a car!!
I owned 1 10 years ago and love the fact they are unreliable! it added to the fun playing roulette whilst driving! you never know if you will get from b from a or even leave from a. I spent thousands on mine and still she went wrong and wrong and wrong... Boy i still miss that car.

Dave Willis

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 02:11:56 pm »
Latest on the GTI - dealership in no hurry to put things right, they told him to bring it over next thursday (no courtesy car offered) and they'll look at at. This is a £30,000 car on it's first service they should be sending people out to pick it up in my opinion.
We went through all the fuses last night and could find nothing wrong - electric mirrors packed up yesterday too................................................. driving home from his girlfriends and everything starts working again  ???

duncan h

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 03:28:17 pm »
Latest on the GTI - dealership in no hurry to put things right, they told him to bring it over next thursday (no courtesy car offered) and they'll look at at. This is a £30,000 car on it's first service they should be sending people out to pick it up in my opinion.
We went through all the fuses last night and could find nothing wrong - electric mirrors packed up yesterday too................................................. driving home from his girlfriends and everything starts working again  ???
Insist on a courtesy var. It shouldnt happen on a new car. Tell them you don't want it back until fixed

8weekly

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2015, 04:08:31 pm »
£30,000! You are obviously charging to much!!

Just wait till Sean sees this.  ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2015, 04:49:44 pm »

Take a look at this infographic; number of lines of code in different packages (and organisms).  You'll have to go a long way down to find a car.  No wonder they fail and no wonder Ford said three or four years ago that they expect to be able to resolve 70% of problems suffered by their cars with software updates.

Vin

Sean Dyer

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 05:34:20 pm »
There's anomalies with everything , everyone i have dealt with as regards vw vans has had good experiences and that includes quite a few mechanics , who saw i had bought one after having a nightmare with  vauxhall vivaro

I dont think the VW reliability is just down to advertising, Renault advertise but no one thinks of them as such

Honda are renowned but that is for cars, wish they made a good looking swb van !

steve rix

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 10:31:17 pm »
ive forgot more about vws then most will ever know , and it goes like this , olds vws unbeatable , new vws utter rubbish

Couldn't agree more. We had an 02 transporter for for 6 years. We have put 120,000 miles on it, in that time I have had to clean the starter motor once and replace one drive shaft. Bullet proof.