Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slippy

Cleaning every 8 weeks, how thorough do I need to be?
« on: March 26, 2015, 01:45:27 pm »
I clean every eight  weeks with most of my customers, how thorough do I need to be with the frames and windows (using wfp)?   Do I need to clean the frames, leave them for awhile, then come back for the windows like you would on a first clean?  (so as not to have the dirt drip on the cleaned glass!

DeLuce

Re: Cleaning every 8 weeks, how thorough do I need to be?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 02:29:59 pm »
Be as thorough as you would normally be as, most times, they aren't twice as dirty as if monthly cleans (exception may be on a main highway Road). They don't tend to be too bad. Clean frames and glass like a monthly. Job done.

slap bash

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »
I FIND IT WILL DEPEND ON THE AMOUNT OF RINSING WATER APPLIED. SORRY FOR CAPS.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:04:56 pm »
I clean every eight  weeks with most of my customers, how thorough do I need to be with the frames and windows (using wfp)?   Do I need to clean the frames, leave them for awhile, then come back for the windows like you would on a first clean?  (so as not to have the dirt drip on the cleaned glass!

No.
A quick flick over the frames is usually enough I find.

Keep speeding up each clean.
At some point, you'll go too fast and get bad results. That's too fast, slow down a bit until your at optimum speed/quality balance.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 07:13:37 pm »
its impossible to say really as some of my 8 weekly work is absolutely filthy due to lots of trees nearby esp if its been very windy.others not much dirtier than shorter frequencies.i generally spend a bit more time on them than 4 weekly work but not twice as long as i would on a first clean(that had never been cleaned using wfp).

i clean a large church every 6 months(its due tomorrow)and they never seem to be dirtier than an 8 weekly!good price as well.the only time i earn £80 for an hours work!i usually drag it out to an hour and a half though. :)
price higher/work harder!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 02:16:49 pm »
I for one find next to no difference at all between 8 weekly or 4 weekly work.
Granted that right by the side of a busy road or work that is close to high trees and so will make a difference but even so, that same work will be pretty grimy after just 4 weeks, let alone 8 weeks!
In fact that kind of work after just a month can often be much worse than 8 week work that is in less extreme locations!!
I guess you just need to keep learning as you go along, every house is a little different than the next and as time passes you hone your technique accordingly  ;)
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:37 pm »
Maybe I go overboard, but I treat every job as if it is a first clean.

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.