This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H20cleaning

Websites
« on: March 25, 2015, 11:11:57 am »
I have around £400/500 I want to spend on one, could you all send me links of your websites and who designed then please? Don't worry I'm not the copying type lol

How many hits per week should I expect with a average website?

Ian101

Re: Websites
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 06:47:00 pm »
www.h2oproclean.co.uk

www.reliablewindowcleaning.co.uk

£15 a month thru one and one and about 20 hours of my time spread over a few weeks to design it ... still got 3 sub pages to do but will take me about 2 hours to do that.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:30:14 pm »
Whatever you go for, make sure its mobile friendly - Google are rolling out changes (again) in 4 weeks: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/finding-more-mobile-friendly-search.html

I have around £400/500 I want to spend on one, could you all send me links of your websites and who designed then please? Don't worry I'm not the copying type lol

How many hits per week should I expect with a average website?

deeege

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 07:34:34 pm »
Nat would do you a very good website within your budget.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »
Go for Nat.
He did mine.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

H20cleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 07:41:39 pm »
Could you forward me your email address Nat please? I have heard you make a good website of serveral other windys:)

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 08:07:46 pm »
Nate is ace . His web is www.avondu-Internet.com he does monthly packages too. He did both our websites . His after care service is ace too.
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 09:14:39 pm »
My e-mail addy is info@avondhu-internet.com  or you can msg me through the live chat widget on www.avondhu-internet.com  ;)
Could you forward me your email address Nat please? I have heard you make a good website of serveral other windys:)

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 09:30:32 pm »
Nat is the man absolutely faultless across all aspects of the build and updates and changes when I have wanted to alter things .

www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk   Site is currently awaiting me sort a few new pics for residential page .

MNWC

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 10:16:08 pm »
Nat is the man absolutely faultless across all aspects of the build and updates and changes when I have wanted to alter things .

www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk   Site is currently awaiting me sort a few new pics for residential page .

WOW one letter different to mine www.mnwindowcleaning.co.uk  :o

lal

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 10:46:24 pm »

You won't  go wrong with Nathanael, he's the Top man, he did my website too, very pleased with it.

Regards
 Lal

hasti

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 11:08:13 pm »

You won't  go wrong with Nathanael, he's the Top man, he did my website too, very pleased with it.

Regards
 Lal

i 2nd that.

H20cleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 12:00:10 am »

Really like yours!

Oliver James

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 06:47:22 am »
This is mine:

http://www.oliverthewindowcleaner.com/

Done by Richard Cross for £337.5 incl email set up and search optimisation.

http://www.ctrlx.co.uk/

Mike #1

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 07:12:03 am »

Really like yours!

Thanks mate i keep changing things once in a while to keep it fresh .

H20cleaning

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 08:15:26 am »
So what kind of information will I actually need to send over to someone who is making my website?
That's what has been stoping me get one for years lol I have this scary thought that im going to have to think of things to write and I'm crap at English 👀

martinw

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 08:47:54 am »
you need to write your text for number of pages you want, supply all photos you want on your site, keywords you would like to have your page optimized for(this you would have discuss it with a site builder) and obvious things like contact details,your area of work etc.  also think about what services you want to offer on your page.
you could get somebody to write website content for you. do not copy and paste from others as it will not work.

Ian101

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 08:53:31 am »
So what kind of information will I actually need to send over to someone who is making my website?
That's what has been stoping me get one for years lol I have this scary thought that im going to have to think of things to write and I'm crap at English 👀

read a few sites ... window cleaning .. landscaping ... cleaners etc ... then sit in a quiet room with no interruption from wife / kids / phone / wasting time on here  :) / and start writing .... don't over complicate it as its only window cleaning ... simple to the point.

As already said don't nick text from others website as its easy to be found out but nowt wrong in using it for inspiration and rewording it to suit yourself in your words

I tended to do mine on days u couldn't work and that's now when I do my updates

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:21 am »
As has been mentioned, NEVER copy & paste from another website,.. not only is it plagiarism, its also really bad for Google rankings. Google sees duplicate content & knows you've not bothered to put effort into the site, and your rankings suffer because of it.

Personally I don't mind writing the text for a website too much,.. as much as possible should come from you of course as it'll help the site sound more "you", but I'll happily fill in the gaps & polish it up - and if its a big job I have a content writer girl who helps me out too. ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 10:00:48 am »
After sitting down for a while and doing what has been advised it will come pouring out and before long you will have filed an A4 sheet easily .

As your site is built and you get look at how things are laid out etc , It becomes organic and before long you have sorted what you need . You will need a mate to go out on the windows with you for a day and take some good pics .

Despite Nat been 100's of miles away it was probs one the easiest things sorting stuff via email it will take a good few days as you slowly process stuff and change and amend .

And once your site is live simple changes can be made really really quickly if needed and i mean i have had changes done within an hour before if not less .