Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cornwallwindows

Resin, early morning ball ache!
« on: March 25, 2015, 09:38:03 am »
And again....I forgot to check the TDS at the end of the day, got to the first job this morning thought I'd better check and it was at the point where it needed changing, noooo! So had the resin but no way to transfer it, decided to be clever and try to tip the resin from the bag into the vessel, big mistake, resin everywhere! In my shoes, all over the van. My crusty took pity and gave me a funnel and a sweeping brush.

Anyway, quick question popped into my head. Do you need to always fill the vessel to the top with resin or can I get away with putting less in?

Oliver @ GrippaTank

Re: Resin, early morning ball ache!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:46:24 am »
And again....I forgot to check the TDS at the end of the day, got to the first job this morning thought I'd better check and it was at the point where it needed changing, noooo! So had the resin but no way to transfer it, decided to be clever and try to tip the resin from the bag into the vessel, big mistake, resin everywhere! In my shoes, all over the van. My crusty took pity and gave me a funnel and a sweeping brush.

Anyway, quick question popped into my head. Do you need to always fill the vessel to the top with resin or can I get away with putting less in?
Good Morning!

The official recommendation from the manufacturer is that you fill to 80% on a standard vessel. This is usually just below the neck line on the vessel approximately.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

cornwallwindows

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:06:33 am »
Excellent, that's about pretty much as much as I put in. Cheers.

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:28:13 pm »
Then fill it with water. It makes fitting the riser tube much easier.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

MNWC

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 04:10:32 pm »
Easy home made scoop for resin..... get a 4 pint milk carton, from the flat bottom end cut it at 45 degrees so you have a scoop at the handle end.... if that doesnt make sence ill put a pic up...

ChumBucket

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:55 pm »

Good Morning!

The official recommendation from the manufacturer is that you fill to 80% on a standard vessel. This is usually just below the neck line on the vessel approximately.

Yep, good advice. :)

cornwallwindows

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:17:41 pm »
Easy home made scoop for resin..... get a 4 pint milk carton, from the flat bottom end cut it at 45 degrees so you have a scoop at the handle end.... if that doesnt make sence ill put a pic up...

Sounds like Blue Peter  ;D