Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul marshall

washing car
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:35:22 pm »
cleaned my car with my gardiners brush and poie , it cleaned really well , but afterwards had lots of scratches , which i have sorted now with t cut , but it was so easy to clean i would like to do it this way again , any tips on what brush to use on pole  etc
the more flyers i post , the luckier i seem to get ...

Jonny 87

Re: washing car
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:17 pm »
Apparently vikan flocked bRushes are designed for vehicles.

I've used a gardiners flocked on my car and van without any scratching, but I think it is always a risk.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:40:55 pm »
cleaned my car with my gardiners brush and poie , it cleaned really well , but afterwards had lots of scratches , which i have sorted now with t cut , but it was so easy to clean i would like to do it this way again , any tips on what brush to use on pole  etc

As you have discovered most window cleaning brushes are really designed for glass not painted surfaces  :(

If you want to clean paintwork again then a fully flocked brush such as the Vikan vehicle brushes or our own fully flocked cladding brush would be suitable.

Even with these type of brushes though you need to be careful to keep them well flushed with water to avoid collecting grit in the bristles from the car's underbody and wheels.

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 08:44:32 pm »

As you have discovered most window cleaning brushes are really designed for glass not painted surfaces  :(

If you want to clean paintwork again then a fully flocked brush such as the Vikan vehicle brushes or our own fully flocked cladding brush would be suitable.

Even with these type of brushes though you need to be careful to keep them well flushed with water to avoid collecting grit in the bristles from the car's underbody and wheels.

Speaking of brushes Alex.............. ;D ;D ;D

Were all waiting here with our Debit cards to the ready.   :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 08:56:33 pm »

;D

Our warehouse space is also awaiting their arrival..........

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 08:58:54 pm »

;D

Our warehouse space is also awaiting their arrival..........

Can't be long now then.  :)

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 08:04:11 am »
OP-if you've a half decent motor, I'd never clean it with a brush.
Any brush, even one specifically designed for cars can scratch the paint.
Ask any proper valeter (not the £5 immigrants, the professionals) and they'll tell you the same.
If your car is black, it'll show the worst.
The most forgiving colour is silver but it'll still be scratched.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

paul marshall

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 09:30:29 pm »
thanx alex , just ordered that brush from you , i will see how it goes , .... yes pole king it is black , gonna try silver next time
the more flyers i post , the luckier i seem to get ...

Twc services

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 09:42:34 pm »
O dear !! I'm also a vehicle detailer and this is probably the worse thing you can do to a vehicle. You need a nice soft lambs wool mitt and 2 buckets of water. One to wash one to rinse this is the best method  :)

hasti

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 10:10:54 pm »

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 10:23:25 pm »
Im a valeter. Never go near a car with anything but a wash mit and make sure you use 2  buckets  :)

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:37 am »
i converted an old unger optiloc pole into a short wfp 5 years ago with a vikan brush.ive always used it for washing my vans and cars.ive never noticed any scratches from cleaning.
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 07:57:37 am »
I covered the wifes brand new black car with brush marks - flocked brush too.
I normally go over the van with a cladding brush - forgot the other day and used a stiff Extreme - not a good idea!

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 08:38:44 am »
I wash my van with my lambs wool applicator mop and dry off with a microfibre cloth. Comes up lovely!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

paulben

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 04:37:32 pm »
I use an old flocked vikan never noticed ant scratches on my car or wifes black car
Do not steal the government hates competition