This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Anyone come across any published reports for the above ?

Got a big quote to do and be handy to know efficiency improvement they can gain by having them cleaned ?

Smudger

Re: How much performance improvement by cleaning solar panels ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 07:46:08 pm »
Really depends on where they are sited, when was the last clean etc... Last time I really bothered to research it 40% was a figure banded about.

How many panels ya looking at ?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 07:58:06 pm »
Have a look on Solar "look at me" Steves website - bound to be some fantastic claims on there.

I clean mine at night - it's safer and I generally get 100% improvement the next day.

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 08:02:10 am »
Really depends on where they are sited, when was the last clean etc... Last time I really bothered to research it 40% was a figure banded about.

How many panels ya looking at ?

Darran

350 panels approx

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 08:02:48 am »
Have a look on Solar "look at me" Steves website - bound to be some fantastic claims on there.

I clean mine at night - it's safer and I generally get 100% improvement the next day.

100% major difference ... like night and day  ;)

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 08:39:58 pm »
Ah good, should get a good price for them

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Rich Wilts

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 08:54:19 pm »
All installs will have a set of meters associated with each array. Check them before you start cleaning and watch them fluctuate for no apparent reason.   It's when there's no discernible change in the atmosphere and the dials are fluctuating like a  who ers drawers you realise there's no way of measuring the apparent improvement from cleaning.

I'm not saying cleaning doesn't improve the productivity of solar panels,  it's just the meters and dials used to measure their output are far too sensitive to be able to give an accurate assessment.  You'll see what I mean if you check out the dials.