Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The new brodex alloy poles
« on: March 23, 2015, 03:19:21 pm »
Has anyone used one ,, they are blue alloy poles? What do you think.
I need a new pole , mine has had it.

Richard Shepherd

Re: The new brodex alloy poles
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:24:25 pm »
Water fed pole and alloy should not be used in the same sentence.

Why not a carbon or composite pole, they are lighter, better clamps and warmer on your hands in winter.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 05:27:25 pm »
i know a local company who have these for staff.they look like good strong poles.

would i use them?not a chance!

extremes all the way for me.

ive seen them a few times struggling to clean awkward windows with heavy brushes on the end! ;D
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 05:47:44 pm »
Is that the extreme from gardiner?

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »
The saving grace of Brodex poles is their strength.  If you're a clumsy bstraad or if you have staff they will put up with a lot of abuse where an expensive carbon pole wouldn't.

They're heavy(ish) so not for wimps.  I used one for many years, but then I learned my trade when window cleaners were real men - we cleaned windows by climbing drainpipes with a squeegee clamped in our teeth and a wet swab over one shoulder and a scrim over the other ;D

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 04:49:49 pm »
The saving grace of Brodex poles is their strength.  If you're a clumsy bstraad or if you have staff they will put up with a lot of abuse where an expensive carbon pole wouldn't.

They're heavy(ish) so not for wimps.  I used one for many years, but then I learned my trade when window cleaners were real men - we cleaned windows by climbing drainpipes with a squeegee clamped in our teeth and a wet swab over one shoulder and a scrim over the other ;D

;D ;D ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 05:28:27 pm »
Don't ever go near a building site with a Brodex pole, they'll nick it for scaffolding.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 06:38:06 pm »
if you do a lot of poling day in/day out like most of us do then IMO dont bother with brodex poles.a 25ft SLX would be a good all around pole if your budget wont stretch to an extreme mate.i lot lighter and rigid.making your working day easier.
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 10:50:23 am »
There's 50% off on the new 21ft alloy pole if anyone is interested.
£75 plus vat not bad for anyone on a budget.

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 10:59:06 am »
I have two of these pole they aren't bad poles, although brushes are far to heavy. Saying that my workers will always pick the Ionics or Gardiners first. You probably find the comments above are from window cleaners who have not used the new brodex poles.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 02:56:38 pm »
I have two of these pole they aren't bad poles, although brushes are far to heavy. Saying that my workers will always pick the Ionics or Gardiners first. You probably find the comments above are from window cleaners who have not used the new brodex poles.

Some of us have dealt with Brodex in the past. Once bitten, twice shy comes to mind. For me it was a memorable experience.

I have asked them to take me off their customer list and stop texting and phoning me. They won't even respect my request. They may even have the best poles on the market, but I won't deal with them.

tlwcs

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 03:26:14 pm »

21' I think is 18', Im sure they show the reach.
Again, I haven't looked  at the deal but, if there is delivery its got to go on top.
You must be close to the clx price, that if ordered normally turns up within a day or two.
I once ordered a preditor? pole that took 5 weeks to be delivered. It was not signed for and my account was credited.
It was also the last time I dealt with them
Tony

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 04:18:33 pm »

21' I think is 18', Im sure they show the reach.
Again, I haven't looked  at the deal but, if there is delivery its got to go on top.
You must be close to the clx price, that if ordered normally turns up within a day or two.
I once ordered a preditor? pole that took 5 weeks to be delivered. It was not signed for and my account was credited.
It was also the last time I dealt with them
Tony

When my order eventually came for 2 poles (3 weeks later), they had the wrong brushes on them.  Told me straight out that they wouldn't change the brushes no matter what the saleman agreed to.  The poles were  invoiced at retail price and were a different price to what the sale price was.

They managed to invoice me for the correct amount after several phone calls, but the credit for the incorrect price wasn't done. By that time the credit card bill came and I had to pay for 4 poles. It took a month and numerous calls and excuses from them to refund that amount to my credit card.

Never again.