Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cornwallwindows

This world would be easier without money.
« on: March 23, 2015, 02:26:39 pm »
Major stress out! So I've got a wedding to pay for this year and haven't got quite as much work as I would like at this point in time. Was thinking about offering one off cleans to businesses when I've got a spare day. Or joining a cleaning agency to bump up my income but don't know where to find any that might be looking to taking people on. Any thoughts on how I can make some money quickly? My balls are on the line!!  :-\

8weekly

Re: This world would be easier without money.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 02:39:58 pm »
Major stress out! So I've got a wedding to pay for this year and haven't got quite as much work as I would like at this point in time. Was thinking about offering one off cleans to businesses when I've got a spare day. Or joining a cleaning agency to bump up my income but don't know where to find any that might be looking to taking people on. Any thoughts on how I can make some money quickly? My balls are on the line!!  :-\
Get out and canvass. Simple really.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 03:16:51 pm »
Keep it simple & don't get distracted by overly complicated schemes. Canvas in your spare time as much as you can & when you're out working carry flyers (Even diy ones) and drop them in all the neighbours letter boxes EVERY time you clean,.. this can help build a really compact round.

cornwallwindows

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:26:24 pm »
Keep it simple & don't get distracted by overly complicated schemes. Canvas in your spare time as much as you can & when you're out working carry flyers (Even diy ones) and drop them in all the neighbours letter boxes EVERY time you clean,.. this can help build a really compact round.

Did some canvassing over the weekend and evenings last week without too much success, maybe keep it to the days when it's sunny and people can see all the s*@t on the windows!

Will keep chipping away, it's pretty poop when I keep getting no's, got to try and not take it personally!!

What's your pitch? I generally go for, In a friendly fashion - "Hi there, I'm starting a window cleaning round in the area and have a few of your neighbours signed up, would you be interested in having a regular window cleaner?" If yes, happy days, if no a quick "No problem, thank you."

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 03:35:04 pm »
Instead of "I'm starting a window round" perhaps say "I'm expanding my cleaning business in the area" - - don't let them think you're a newbie!  ;)

cornwallwindows

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 03:39:27 pm »
And I promise not to wee in your garden.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 03:49:11 pm »
LOL - don't make promises you can't keep!  :P

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 03:55:10 pm »
Why not see if another windie will take you on part time on the days which you have no work? (Maybe not a local guy though)

Or as the others have said, get knocking...
You may not think you're picking up much but if you pick up just 2 a day, mon-fri,  at a £10-£15 average you're doing an extra ton (at least) a week...

Put the effort in mate, it'll happen for you  :)
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:11:57 pm »
Tell the future Mrs you quite fancy a registry office wedding and see what she says....   ;)
You can't polish a turd

cornwallwindows

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »
Tell the future Mrs you quite fancy a registry office wedding and see what she says....   ;)

I saw a pretty nice dress in the window of Oxfam too.
I've already got her making the bunting, it looked like a chinese sweatshop here at the weekend.
I have found NOT to mention the word wedding when booking things though, as it seem the prices go up by 50%.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 05:19:14 pm »
put the wedding off til next year until your more established/financially secure?

OR have a really cheap wedding.i think you can get married for £500 if your careful.

if your missus wants a big fancy wedding that ll put you in  serious debt then i think you should seriously think about NOT marrying her.i wouldnt .its just not worth it mate.
price higher/work harder!

8weekly

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 05:28:44 pm »
put the wedding off til next year until your more established/financially secure?

OR have a really cheap wedding.i think you can get married for £500 if your careful.

if your missus wants a big fancy wedding that ll put you in  serious debt then i think you should seriously think about NOT marrying her.i wouldnt .its just not worth it mate.
What he's saying is dump and replace with two.

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 05:31:57 pm »
Don't do it, mate.  Run away while you've still got time. :'(

cornwallwindows

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 05:50:52 pm »
I wasn't expecting life advice. Haha. Not going to get in debt for one fancy day, we are doing it as cheaply as possible. Making stuff ourselves, etc.

Ian101

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 05:57:31 pm »
How many customers have u got ... why not offer them conny roof cleans / fsg upvc cleaning at a good price limited time offer mrs customer now or never kinda thing .... a dozen conny roofs and a dozen fsg may get u a quick £1000 ?

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 06:03:47 pm »
I wasn't expecting life advice. Haha. Not going to get in debt for one fancy day, we are doing it as cheaply as possible. Making stuff ourselves, etc.

good luck mate to you and your future wife.very best wishes.......now get out and knock those doors!! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Tom White

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 06:16:32 pm »

Run away.  Otherwise in ten years time you'll be reflecting back and thinking, "I wish I took Tosh's advice!".  It'll be too late then.  Just look at your own parents; they once loved each other, just like you think you love your Missis.

Now look at them.  :-X

And she'll be fat by then too.

Run away; quick.  Get a dog called Rover, some X box games, and plenty of booze.  You'll be fine, mate.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 08:27:38 pm »

What he's saying is dump and replace with two.

LMAO ;D