This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark2788

conservatory
« on: March 19, 2015, 04:30:28 pm »
Just wondering what people would charge for your average conservatory? Doing it traditional method, I'm east anglia but be good to hear all sorts of prices, any pics to back it up would be great I couldn't load one

Smudger

Re: conservatory
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:36:05 pm »
Are you talking windows or the whole thing?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

koopmaster

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:04:49 pm »
funny that i saw this today, just cleaned a small conservatory today for £80.  Inside and out and roof (which was in a state)  I had to use soap and my applicator on its pole to soap up the roof and then washed it for a hour and a half to clean it.  There where only 5 panels.  Wish I had taken a photo now.

the inside was full of mould but I just wiped it clean from top to bottom (inc roof inside) 

then took my shoes off and wiped the floor with my applicator so there where no marks.  She got home and has just paid so I would say shes pleased.

took me about 3 hours to clean.

mark2788

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:24:48 pm »
Sorry was meaning the roof, good to get other people's takes on it as think I need to charge more for my time rather than Worry if the customer will pay it, some I do on a kind of regular basis aren't too bad but others I will charge alot more now

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 08:14:18 am »
funny that i saw this today, just cleaned a small conservatory today for £80.  Inside and out and roof (which was in a state)  I had to use soap and my applicator on its pole to soap up the roof and then washed it for a hour and a half to clean it.  There where only 5 panels.  Wish I had taken a photo now.

the inside was full of mould but I just wiped it clean from top to bottom (inc roof inside) 

then took my shoes off and wiped the floor with my applicator so there where no marks.  She got home and has just paid so I would say shes pleased.

i bet it was hard work as well.so less than £30 an hour?id be very disappointed with that hourly rate but hey ho if your happy?
price higher/work harder!

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 08:53:08 pm »

i bet it was hard work as well.so less than £30 an hour?id be very disappointed with that hourly rate but hey ho if your happy?

£26.50 an hour is probably 3 times what youd get in an average job. hardly a pittance is it even if it is a bit low by some cleaners standards hardly minimum wage is it now. sameoldsameold.

when life throws you water, clean windows

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 09:28:24 pm »

;D nothing wrong with that...

duncan h

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »

£26.50 an hour is probably 3 times what youd get in an average job. hardly a pittance is it even if it is a bit low by some cleaners standards hardly minimum wage is it now. sameoldsameold.
I agree mate. More than you would get in a crappy factory stood by a machine. You work for your self and do what you want.
I do quite a lot of 4 bed houses for £10, thinking, it should be more. Then I think 15/20 mins for £10 not bad. Don't be greedy

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 08:00:42 pm »

I agree mate. More than you would get in a crappy factory stood by a machine. You work for your self and do what you want.
I do quite a lot of 4 bed houses for £10, thinking, it should be more. Then I think 15/20 mins for £10 not bad. Don't be greedy

get it all the time on here. you only earn 5 times minimum wage??  haha. some people dont realise that were from different parts of the country. where i am £30 gets me alot further than £100 in london i can tell you. round here you can rent a 3 bed semi for £650 a month, in london id dread to think how much that would be, £2000+ ??

so if my money gets me 4 times further than another window cleaner that earns double what i earn, who is it thats working for a pittance really??? HAHA.

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 08:12:12 pm »

next page along, post about 2  conservatories, read through it...

your words not mine.. ' i have some work thats £50 £60 an hour, not all of it though, the average is £30 £40 an hour''

i guess tbe comment on this post about somebody earning £30 an hour being dissapointing is to make yourself better because its what YOU actually earn. T O S S E R

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 10:43:04 pm »
joey when i say my average is £30-£40 an hour i mean FOR NORMAL REGULAR WINDOW CLEANING DAY IN/DAY OUT!

add on jobs are much harder work  and are a pain so i charge a higher price so i get a higher hourly rate(usually £50-£60 an hour)as they take me away from my normal day to day regular work.

i was simply stating i wouldnt be happy with £80 for 3 hours of my time on add ons.its nothing to do with being "better" as you say.

i only have a certain amount of time during my working week.i spent years working cheaper but i dont anymore as i want to earn more money for the hours i do work.

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 06:14:38 am »
Some lads will under price a job and regret it , Spoke to a fellow windy yesterday he did a full house valet including a conny .It took him 6hrs and he charged £120  ,

I quoted the job 2yrs ago at £150  and they didn't get the job done  and it was a really really bad .

And he said it was in an appalling state when he did the job .

stig

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 06:44:02 am »

Well put mate.......lot of braggers on here....tut tut tut
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 07:24:37 am »

joey ive been cleaning windows for over 20 years and to be honest i could of earned a lot more money for 15 years of it but i didnt because of my attitude and cheap prices.i just about managed to pay the bills most of the time.luckily im not in that position anymore due to better pricing,investing in wfp and a much more business/professional attitude towards window cleaning.

most of us sole traders only work "on the glass" for 5-7 hours a day max(5 days a week) so need to earn as much as possible in order to make a good healthy profit after all expenses,tax,insurances are deducted at the end of the year.

ashbash

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 10:18:58 pm »
Depends what you aims are dazmond. Some people undervalue themselves. You don't or shouldn't earn anything close to you rate per hour is your declare your bussiness and run it as a bussiness.  I personally agree with you with the rate I'd try to achieve. It's good that you value your work after such a long time in the trade and if you can get the good prices then good on ya.