This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amazin

Any recommandation for ladders?
« on: March 05, 2015, 11:27:30 pm »
I used the search function on here looking for some ladder advice but not many replies on the ladder threads.

http://www.midlandladders.com/catalog/Fibreglass_Ladders_Steps-11-1.html

i found that website to be useful with wide range of ladders on there.

I dont want one thats too long or too big but how long does the ladder need to be normally for window cleaning? I hope 14ft is tall enough!

Rob@Blast off

Re: Any recommandation for ladders?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:29:50 am »
A 3.5m double is ideal, the Titan from midland are great

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 07:02:35 am »

buy this ... defo the one to have plus can reach gutters on most houses if u ever wanted to offer that service.

I have titan 3.0m doubles can reach gutters on small modern houses but tbh a bit if a stretch ... 3.0m doubles ideal for just windows used to walk around with em all day on shoulders before went 100% wfp

Darranvps

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 08:07:34 am »
Use wood not ally

slap bash

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 11:19:47 am »
yes . don`t use them.

Amazin

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 11:26:11 am »
Quote from: Rhinoman link=topic=194291.m? sg1686110#msg1686110 date=1425629254
Use wood not ally

is it because wooden ladders less slippery? My concern is that over time you will get cracks on wooden ones

slap bash

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 12:17:44 pm »
Wood is a joke Mate. his bored.No one uses wood. They are heavy.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 01:01:24 pm »
If it's only going to be used for window cleaning then get a 3.5m A frame ladder from middland ladders or Ramsey.
Designed solely for window cleaning the best ladders out their.

ChumBucket

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 01:04:53 pm »
Use wood not ally

Notwithstanding the fact that you are evidently bored, you may wish to refrain from making such ludicrous statements in future. It's far from funny and certainly not helpful to anybody! ::)roll

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 03:04:27 pm »
If it's only going to be used for window cleaning then get a 3.5m A frame ladder from middland ladders or Ramsey.

I fully endorse the above ;)

Comments from an old dinosaur:-

The original 'window Cleaner's Combination Ladder' was manufactured by Shaftesbury Ladders, was a wooden 'A' frame with a splayed bottom section that could also be used as a step ladder, hence the 'combination'.  It was designed by traditional window cleaners who wanted a versatile, safe ladder for use in all situations.

Modern aluminium window cleaners ladders retain all the features of the original 'com' but are much lighter and more durable.  The main feature is that these ladders can be set firmly in situations where the ground is not at right angles to the wall and can also be used by putting the point into the side of a window frame, cleaning halfway across then moved to the other side to complete the job.  This overcomes the problem of stretching up if the ladder is set below the window, and reaching inwards if set above.

I have a tutorial in the use of these ladders, based on my 40+plus years running up and down them!  If anyone would like a copy, email me via my website below.

Ian

aztec

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 07:58:13 pm »
RAMSEY

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 09:05:55 am »

I fully endorse the above ;)

Comments from an old dinosaur:-

The original 'window Cleaner's Combination Ladder' was manufactured by Shaftesbury Ladders, was a wooden 'A' frame with a splayed bottom section that could also be used as a step ladder, hence the 'combination'.  It was designed by traditional window cleaners who wanted a versatile, safe ladder for use in all situations.

Modern aluminium window cleaners ladders retain all the features of the original 'com' but are much lighter and more durable.  The main feature is that these ladders can be set firmly in situations where the ground is not at right angles to the wall and can also be used by putting the point into the side of a window frame, cleaning halfway across then moved to the other side to complete the job.  This overcomes the problem of stretching up if the ladder is set below the window, and reaching inwards if set above.

I have a tutorial in the use of these ladders, based on my 40+plus years running up and down them!  If anyone would like a copy, email me via my website below.

Ian

There you go Mr L ... buy these for the nostalgia  ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-extendable-window-cleaning-ladders-/171705792717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fa7678cd

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 09:20:09 am »
I want to replace a set of mine.

Odd bit of trad, access and some simple gutter repairs (re clipping a gutter bracket)

As i hardly use them, would a 4.0M be better! So that its safer for gutters?

Shane O Neill

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 09:28:50 am »
Ladders 999

simon w

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 09:46:50 am »

Amazin

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 10:04:11 am »

I need something that will fit into my ford transit T260. I don't have a roof rack and keeping it inside the vechicle would be safer I think.

any particular reason why its shaped like an "A"? I'm sure it will make them stronger but it would also make it harder to clime as you go up to the top.

http://www.midlandladders.com/catalog/Extending_A_Ladders-49-1.html

I'm thinking of getting the extending A ladder just because they're more portable