This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

Re: Pricing jobs - how do you do it ?
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 09:37:53 am »

So how much was your price before you decided to bump another £50 on top? And at what frequency is the clean?

offered various prices with various frequencies, monthly, bi and tri with different prices and a higher price for the first clean ... actual amount not really important from a topic point of view.
[/quote]

I think the actual amount is relevant to the topic when you 'bumped' the price by £50 from what you thought was a fair price.
We look at them, they look through them.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 10:31:23 am »
About 12 years ago I used to get my windows cleaned by two scallies who charged £1.80 every 2 weeks
One went to jail soon after and my son took over the round and trebled the prices over time and now earns decent money by just reeling his hose out from our front drive.
Moves his van twice during day,  but it's not a bad earner for not much effort

PoleKing

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 09:03:48 pm »
It still baffles me on how much people think we should charge. Did one yesterday. Bungalow with an odd dormer on top. Easy job and frames were spotless. 2 women about 60. I don't usually but I did on this occasion. I asked how much she wanted to pay. She went white, looked cross and said "well it depends" I went through the, it cleans frames etc spool. "yes I know all this" lol. £9 love, is that ok. The as over the moon and said she would pay £10. I say £10 to others and they say I used to pay £3 lmfao. Goes to show.
My step mum pays £3.50 for a semi. She said hes a p head and its beer money for him. Cant compete with that. Time to ban ladders, then we can cream it in

My Mum has her windows cleaned by someone who charges about a third of what I would. He's WFP with (at least) 2 vans on the road. Can't see the point myself.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Jonny 87

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 12:58:01 pm »
It still baffles me on how much people think we should charge. Did one yesterday. Bungalow with an odd dormer on top. Easy job and frames were spotless. 2 women about 60. I don't usually but I did on this occasion. I asked how much she wanted to pay. She went white, looked cross and said "well it depends" I went through the, it cleans frames etc spool. "yes I know all this" lol. £9 love, is that ok. The as over the moon and said she would pay £10. I say £10 to others and they say I used to pay £3 lmfao. Goes to show.
My step mum pays £3.50 for a semi. She said hes a p head and its beer money for him. Cant compete with that. Time to ban ladders, then we can cream it in

My Mum has her windows cleaned by someone who charges about a third of what I would. He's WFP with (at least) 2 vans on the road. Can't see the point myself.

I know some who charge less so that they can be very splash and dash. The customer just thinks "oh well, he is cheap" and even if it's not a great job the windows are still pretty clean and that's why they stay with them. It only works with the type of customer that is more bothered about price than they are about quality though. I'd rather price higher and have customers who are more concerned about quality than price.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

SeanK

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2014, 01:03:38 pm »
I just price on the time I think it will take me to clean the property, I only offer 6 weekly and don't
charge extra for first cleans.
If I find that I have under priced a job ( more of a new start problem ) then I clean away for the first year and
up it to the right price the following year.
Don't do one offs unless they are within my round, I then charge extra depending on the state of the frames
and will only clean them if I have time to fit them in.

Hi SeanK, you say you don't charge extra for first cleans, is this on the basis that the first clean customer has verbally
agreed to a 6 weekly clean, because many shiners have been caught out with this one, and it can end up being a oneoff.

Lal

Hi Lal, yes there is this possibility but at the end of the day how much are you really going to lose a few extra minutes of
time and effort.
I can honestly say that the majority of my customers have more than paid me back for the first clean by recommending me to
others.

SeanK

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2014, 01:09:29 pm »
I just price on the time I think it will take me to clean the property, I only offer 6 weekly.

So if you price a property and it turns out to be £100 because of its size, the customer declines that at 6 weekly but says they think they'd like a 3 monthly frequency, you decline the work?

Yes, I used to do different frequencies but it didn't work for me.

Window Lickers

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2014, 03:44:53 pm »
What's your highest price job - commercial or domestic?
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

sunshine windows

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2014, 04:07:41 pm »
Large 2 monthly domestics
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk