Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

waiting for my power up reel
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:14:34 pm »
 >:( im peeed of about this carry on, should of smelt a rat early on.when i orderd it .the girl on the phone said 2 to 3 days delivery.ang on a mo it says next day delivery whats going on er they are busy in the  warehouse ??? a few hrs later gets a email er sorry for delay we are having stock issues. so next day rings up.and was told their is an issue withe pitch of the cog. when in use it throws the chain off.surley they must have done field trials before they were for general sale.i find that difficult to belive they have the wrong pitch .now its 1 to 2weeks.to be fair i was offered a full refund.but ill stick it out. just hope they send me a sweetner in the box.

Smurf

Re: waiting for my power up reel
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:16:44 pm »
where from & what have you ordered...got a link so I can see it please.

Jakey boy

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:17:34 pm »
It'll be te power up hose reel from wcw

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 03:19:49 pm »
Sounds really safe  :o ::)roll ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 03:25:41 pm »
Looks really safe too  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 03:45:10 pm »
Thanks, I will give that a miss then  ::)roll

It'll be te power up hose reel from wcw

slap bash

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 05:01:25 pm »
Dont like the idea of a exposed chain as it could rust and get clothes traped into while using it.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »
well when i seen it at the show, i can honestly say it all looked like a bit of scrap metal thrown together in the garden shed ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 06:03:46 pm »
An exposed chain within the reach of body parts, clothing or anything hanging from your neck is an accident waiting to happen.  All the pictures show it exposed.  I predict if it isn't covered then the reel will be off the market within six months after an accident.

Vin

deeege

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 06:09:13 pm »
An exposed chain within the reach of body parts, clothing or anything hanging from your neck is an accident waiting to happen.  All the pictures show it exposed.  I predict if it isn't covered then the reel will be off the market within six months after an accident.

Vin

Couldn't agree more, was just about to post the same. Look like an accident waiting to happen to me.

I think there's things out there that can make our lives easier but electric reels? Really? It's part of the job that to me isn't particularly difficult or strenuous.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 06:19:52 pm »
I thought it was law to have an emergency stop button as well?

That's what I am having installed incase of something going wrong.

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 07:08:23 pm »
Apparently you can fit a grinding wheel on the other side and sharpen customers garden tools too.  ;)

dave f

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 07:44:56 pm »
 ;D ;D i think i may have dropped a rather large bollock. some thing in the back of my mind tells me you must have a chain gard by law ??? wonder if it has a ,c e mark any way ill se how it gose .any fingerless windys out their  ;D

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 08:00:40 pm »
had the same problems too Dave f, i cancelled and had the refund......in the 3 times i have dealt with wcw, i can honestly say its been a nightmare, i was reluctant to order with them.....the good news is Jordan King the guy making them will have his own website up and running next week and the power up will have some upgrades, may be you should cancel and buy through him

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 09:37:19 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Apparently you can fit a grinding wheel on the other side and sharpen customers garden tools too.  ;)

Trev Jones

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 10:13:22 pm »
;D ;D i think i may have dropped a rather large bollock. some thing in the back of my mind tells me you must have a chain gard by law ??? wonder if it has a ,c e mark any way ill se how it gose .any fingerless windys out their  ;D

You will soon see when it turns up and fitted it to your van that all your worries were over nothing. You can alter the speeds as it's winding in if you need to, you can stop the motor by grabbing  hold of the hose, even when it's on full speed. I'm sure you will not regret buying it, I have one and love it.

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 10:18:24 pm »
So do you have a large extra battery fitted just to power the reel then?  

;D ;D i think i may have dropped a rather large bollock. some thing in the back of my mind tells me you must have a chain gard by law ??? wonder if it has a ,c e mark any way ill se how it gose .any fingerless windys out their  ;D

You will soon see when it turns up and fitted it to your van that all your worries were over nothing. You can alter the speeds as it's winding in if you need to, you can stop the motor by grabbing  hold of the hose, even when it's on full speed. I'm sure you will not regret buying it, I have one and love it.

dave f

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 10:21:54 pm »
what about the so called wrong picthed cog do you have the ammended vertion

Trev Jones

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 10:27:14 pm »
No, I have a 115ah battery that runs two pumps and the reel, I charge it up every three days.

Trev Jones

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 10:28:50 pm »
what about the so called wrong picthed cog do you have the ammended vertion

I have not had any problems, the chain runs on the sprockets nice and smoothly.