This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Feen

Peculiar problem
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:29:39 pm »
I have a very difficult set on windows and welcome advice. This is part of a lucrative job so please dont say "ditch it " ! Its an old tower and the top windows are out of reach of my pole and have to been cleaned from inside. They are sash and case, with the lower half opening inwards. No problem there. The top half however have to be cleaned on the outside by leaning out with a mop on a pole and then squeegeed the same way. The results are less than satisfactory as I cant scrim in any way thats much good. These windows are 8 over 8 and 8 feet from top to bottom so there is no way I can reach out and up.
I wondered about one of those Karcher thingies but I cant see how to attach it to a pole and work the trigger. Bear in mind that I'm 60 or 70 feet up.
Feen

Clever Forum Name

Re: Peculiar problem
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:30:55 pm »
Couldnt you use/borrow a 70ft pole?

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:31:57 pm »
Ask smudger, he put a karcher on a extention pole

Then look towards buying a longer pole...?
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:46:47 pm »
Don't you lot go putting up for someone falling out of an 80 ft window!

Option one -    buy the right pole for the job and WFP it
Option two -    get eye bolts fitted to the building and the correct harness setup so you         
                      can clean from outside
Option three    As standard you can get a 3 ft extending karcher vac pole you will have                                                     .                     to turn it on before extending it, no other option available.

I wholeheartedly DO NOT reccomend leaning out of any window to clean it esp. 80 ft up!!

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Walter Mitty

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »
I have a very difficult set on windows and welcome advice. This is part of a lucrative job so please dont say "ditch it " ! Its an old tower and the top windows are out of reach of my pole and have to been cleaned from inside. They are sash and case, with the lower half opening inwards. No problem there. The top half however have to be cleaned on the outside by leaning out with a mop on a pole and then squeegeed the same way. The results are less than satisfactory as I cant scrim in any way thats much good. These windows are 8 over 8 and 8 feet from top to bottom so there is no way I can reach out and up.
I wondered about one of those Karcher thingies but I cant see how to attach it to a pole and work the trigger. Bear in mind that I'm 60 or 70 feet up.

As it's a lucrative job, is there a way you can clean from the inside with WFP - possibly using a backpack, a light pole and a specially made gooseneck to suit the job.  Of course it may be that the risk of water inside rules that out but without knowing the exact layout it's hard to say.

tonycarr

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:06:06 pm »
T & J Window Cleaning services

Feen

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 08:29:03 pm »
Thanks all, Firstly there's no way Im buying a 70 ft pole for one job. Its lucrative but not that lucrative. Will look into the extending karcher. I have been wfp ing it with a backpack and its not ideal shall we say.
Feen

Col

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 09:06:34 pm »
Man up and get out on the sill. ;D