Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ashbash

Made the jump to wfp
« on: November 23, 2014, 07:20:20 pm »
Right guys I've changed over to wfp from trad. I'm just guna get stuck in and see what happens. I will pole the tops and trad the bottoms.  My only stumbling block in what pole I need to get . My highest work in 4 storey so 36 feet maybe . What would you guys recommend. A pole which the sections can be easily removed or added would be a big plus so I only need to purchase 1 pole. Does anyone know of any current offers on the internet or is anyone looking to sell a second hand pole. Ive got an ionics 18 footer to kick me of but now even sure of the material.
Thanks ash

Jonny 87

Re: Made the jump to wfp
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:16:33 pm »
Personally I'd get an slx 25 for everyday, then a 45 foot pole so you can pick up extra jobs.

Gardiners smax is a good choice. Or you can get poles imported.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Tom-01

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:30:32 pm »
Why are you going to trad the bottom windows?

duncan h

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:49:28 pm »
Pointless. If your doing FP do it. Bungalows maybe

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:53:40 pm »

ditto, doesnt make sense, its time consuming as well

ashbash

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 08:12:28 am »
In my opinion the pole was introduced to stop people going up ladders. Whether it's faster or not is irrelevant I'd rather do the best job possible. Maybe I will change my opinion when I start but at the moment this makes sense to me
Thanks for the replays though

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 08:23:14 am »
Cheapest way is to use your Ionics pole for the easy to reach stuff. Buy an SLX35 or SLX39 for the higher stuff - you can add extensions.

As for blade-ing bottoms - opinion is divided on the matter - all the other sea captains say the way to the new world is across the Atlantic Ocean, I say just go round the Isle of Wight a few times until everyone is seasick and nobody will care.
It's a game of three halves!

Leeds

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 09:39:13 am »
Cheapest way is to use your Ionics pole for the easy to reach stuff. Buy an SLX35 or SLX39 for the higher stuff - you can add extensions.

As for blade-ing bottoms - opinion is divided on the matter - all the other sea captains say the way to the new world is across the Atlantic Ocean, I say just go round the Isle of Wight a few times until everyone is seasick and nobody will care.

I'm not sure what that analogy means, but I like it

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 03:48:35 pm »
He's currently going up a ladder 4 storeys at 36' ? ???
We look at them, they look through them.

martin hulstone

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 03:53:46 pm »
I used to, fully extended treble for a block of flats, about 40 foot. used to sh.. myself if the wind was blowing mind, but I was footed. Glad them days are gone! :)

David Beecroft

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 05:46:47 pm »
When I changed my customers from traditional to wfp I also bladed the downstairs for the first few months just to keep my customers on board. After they saw that the pole system makes a decent job it was no problem to start using it downstairs as well. I find people don't like change and you've got to humour them sometimes. Worked for me, I lost only two customers in the change over. :)

ashbash

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 06:13:51 pm »
No I've been having a local wfp windie in the area give me a hand on the couple big jobs but he's packed in so thought it's about time to get it sorted. Granville gold... Cracking comment pal lol

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »
You can not beat trad  for quality, you will only make the wfp look sub-standard if you squeegee the bottoms, pole the lot most will get us to it.Clx 27 with a few extensions for occasional high level.

ashbash

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »
Thanks Richard that makes sense . 1st day today and I used a trolley. Safe to say I will be getting a system put in at pace lol. Ordering the pole tomorrow

jonboywalton75

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 08:29:00 am »
Clx 27 with extensions is too bendy, IMHO

DG Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 01:23:04 pm »
Can't tell you how frustrating it would be if I had to trad bottoms especially as your not going to be able to reach them all without a ladder or something else to stand on.
I don't think you'll find anyone on here who's lost more than a handfull of custies when converting.
I lost 3 and gained more by having wfp.
Be confident, learn how to use it because it works.
Also you'll need to wait for the upstairs to stop dripping before you trad downstairs.

ashbash

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 04:48:24 pm »
pole ordered. gone for the 30 foot carbon  scooter pole. thoughts....

tonycarr

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 05:03:49 pm »
you might want to check the length when you get it,  stevieg recently bought one and although it states 30` it was actually only 26`

tony

T & J Window Cleaning services