This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gregmyster

two poles
« on: November 23, 2014, 07:04:47 pm »
hi
I am thinking of changing from a one pole set up to two poles do you use a splitter frpm the pump to two hose reels or do you use two pumps with two batteries
cheers in advance

EandM

Re: two poles
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:35:54 pm »
hi
I am thinking of changing from a one pole set up to two poles do you use a splitter frpm the pump to two hose reels or do you use two pumps with two batteries
cheers in advance

We just use a half inch hose splitter, one battery, one pump without a varistream and two hose reels. We find that the available pressure is just right for both poles but when using unequal length hoses the shortest hose will have the highest pressure.

Deangsi

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:38:03 pm »
hi
cheers in advance

We just use a half inch hose splitter, one battery, one pump without a varistream and two hose reels. We find that the available pressure is just right for both poles but when using unequal length hoses the shortest hose will have the highest pressure.

you can combat this by fitting an inline tap before hose reel on the one that pumps more and setting them equal no matter what the length hose per reel

gregmyster

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 05:30:55 pm »
cheers thanks for that

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:44:03 pm »
EandM can i ask do you have to up the flow rate on the controller when running two poles?
ive got a spare full setup ready to go in my next van but if just using a simple hose splitter works a treat i may go down that route!

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 05:57:40 pm »
EandM can i ask do you have to up the flow rate on the controller when running two poles?
ive got a spare full setup ready to go in my next van but if just using a simple hose splitter works a treat i may go down that route!

Yes we run two poles from one pump, just increase pressure when doing so

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 08:55:37 pm »
We used a y fitting off one pump, it did not work, you need two pumps