This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Wearing specs and working in the rain...
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:49:29 pm »
... Just thought I'd throw this question out there. Does anyone on here wear spectacles? If so, how does it affect you when working in the rain, and what influence does this have on your customers?

TIA,

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mike #1

Re: Wearing specs and working in the rain...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:54:42 pm »
Baseball cap

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:57:49 pm »
Baseball cap

Yep as above, in fact when wearing the cap I tend to work in heavier rain than the guys without - you just don't notice it as much

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

steve rix

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 07:03:41 pm »
I dont work in the rain!!

paulben

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:12:04 pm »
I don't work in the rain but never wear my specs working ,if you cannot see the muck you don't waste time getting it off  ;D
Do not steal the government hates competition

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:24:35 pm »
Get a 'North Face' Baseball cap as it's breathable and never really gets wet as it's dries just as quick. Worked all day in the rain today with my sunglasses on and hair stayed dry under my baseball cap.

If it's really raining heavy then sometimes I get my cowboy hat on as i feel like I've gone camping under it as it's huge compared to a baseball cap, don't need an umbrella wearing one of them ;D

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 07:26:03 pm »
... Just thought I'd throw this question out there. Does anyone on here wear spectacles? If so, how does it affect you when working in the rain, and what influence does this have on your customers?

TIA,

John

Wear contact lenses... That's what I do... £30 a month for daily disposables - Couldn't live without them!  ;)

deeege

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 07:36:43 pm »
I wear specs. Worked in the lashing rain all day today. Bit annoying but nothing more than that. Keep a clean scrim on the passenger seat to give 'em a quick wipe between jobs.

Not sure why my customers would care either way though?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 04:21:40 pm »

gary999

dannymack

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 05:27:25 pm »
Verifical daily contact lenses £45 a month and worth every penny.
Wearing glasses is a nightmare feels like I got my head in a glass bowl hate erm !!!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »
As a four eyed gimp I wear a wide brimmed hat - great for keeping the sun off in summer and the rain off in ... well, the rain. Mind you if it's very cold or windy I wear a woollen hat with earmuffs and a peak.
It's a game of three halves!

Mike #1

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 05:59:43 pm »
Can't wear contacts developed dry eyes after years wearing of wearing contacts so glasses only

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 07:07:41 pm »
Thanks for all your replies guys.

I usually wear contact lenses, but one of my eyes was watering, so I wore my specs for a couple of days.

The reason I asked about what influence this had on customers was that I wondered if any may have thought that the rain on the lenses would affect your ability to see well enough to do a quality job. (I know, keep wiping them dry!)

In my neck of the woods a cloud in the distance is enough to bring out the oh too familiar 'not today thank you', let alone rain on my specs!

I'm not a great fan of baseball caps, but like the idea of a cowboy hat.   

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 01:41:18 am »
Any advance on £45?

oldman

dave f

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 07:11:10 am »
get to cosco just got mine £30 pm .monthley perscrpition  ;D happy days