This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

citroen dispatch roofrack
« on: November 21, 2014, 04:14:18 pm »
Would a Roofrack with roller for a LWB Dispatch,       be too long for a SWB Dispatch,    will it stick out too much at rear of the van,    its an all in one rack,    it may stick out too much,  any one know if its too long to connect up,

second hand , seller not local,      so just asking anyone with a dispatch      new shape

ChumBucket

Re: citroen dispatch roofrack
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:04:03 pm »
Try and find out what brand it is then look up on web and maybe contact the manufacturer. I like roof bars with side stops & rear roller, that's what I've got on my SWB dispatch.

johnny bravo

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:46:52 pm »
SDV Roofracks,  with phone number,
ill ring them in morn,  cheers

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 08:08:34 am »
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

johnny bravo

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 06:48:13 pm »
cheers spruce,     is that tank bolted in, or strapped down,     this is how i wanted mine,    more room at side doors for storeage,.....    not finished today.  you think you have ecverything but then you need more pushfitins etc,    quick release clamps for battery,   one would not close properelly,     running around for battery clamps,  got 2 from maplins,   very tight to open and close,  hard to clip on and off,       went to auto shop,  they werent upto much,   ordered a pair of heavy duty ones, should be here wed.

having another go tomorrow,     wilkinsons blue pushfittings for hosepipe , they dont have any gardening gear now that small.    get it set up,   i can modify it at a later date.

i fixed pump + controller on a piece of wood,  i want to be able to disconnect in bad frost and bring indoors.

ill look out for a good box to fit them into, easy to bring in and out of van

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 08:09:38 pm »
Both of those tanks are secured with steel straps bent from 25mm x 5mm flat mild steel bar purchased from Carters Steel on Yarm Rd.

The Transit Connect has a steel base made from 40 x 40 x 3mm angle iron. The steel straps are welded to that.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)