Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MNWC

No brushes at Gardiners
« on: November 20, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »
Went to order 2 Super-Lite® Brush Dual-Trim - Medium Mixed Bristles there out of stock.

Emailed them and asked when the new stock is coming in and they said they've got manufacturing problems and could possibly be longer than four weeks !!! they recommended the flocked brush.

Any body had any problems with the flocked brushes as i heard that they tend to trap dirt particles and are not suited to rinse on the glass.

Regards

Smurf

Re: No brushes at Gardiners
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 12:50:37 pm »
flocked are very good at cleaning but are defo no good to rinse on the glass with.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 01:33:50 pm »
Went to order 2 Super-Lite® Brush Dual-Trim - Medium Mixed Bristles there out of stock.

Emailed them and asked when the new stock is coming in and they said they've got manufacturing problems and could possibly be longer than four weeks !!! they recommended the flocked brush.

Any body had any problems with the flocked brushes as i heard that they tend to trap dirt particles and are not suited to rinse on the glass.

Regards

I tested flocked brushes for rinsing on the glass on several windows at home.  The finish just isn't good enough.  Small spots everywhere.

You could try sill brushes if they have them in stock.

Vin

MNWC

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 03:11:28 pm »
Mmmm not too keen on sill brushes tbh

Don Kee

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 03:15:33 pm »
They haven't got the mixed medium sill brush in stock either

I wanted to order some - out of stock
Email a 3-4 weeks later - back in stock
Ordered them that afternoon
Hour later i get an email - sorry we've just checked the new stock, they're faulty, it'll be another 6 ish weeks
Order cancelled  :(

Ended up ordered the stiff sill brush, pleasantly surprised (although not ideal for leaded windows)
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 03:35:04 pm »
I use a stiff sill brush alot as I use hot water. I find it's a very good brush myself.

Hour later i get an email - sorry we've just checked the new stock, they're faulty, it'll be another 6 ish weeks

Ended up ordered the stiff sill brush, pleasantly surprised (although not ideal for leaded windows)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 06:27:37 pm »
Apologies for this  :(

We are currently out of stock of the Super-Lite DT Medium-Mixed and the Sill Medium-Mixed as we are awaiting supplies of the correct raw bristle material.

This is a supply issue that we are working hard to remedy at the moment. We are hoping that we will have them back on the selves by the end of next week.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 06:30:18 pm »

Apologies for this. We did indeed get in a new stock of the Sill Medium-Mixed brushes last week however the bristles they were fitted with were too soft and so did not pass our quality checks - this meant that although they had arrived and looked very nice in the warehouse they were not the correct bristles. As stated above this should be sorted by the end of next week.

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 06:30:43 pm »
Nice van for sale though  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »
Alex, I've just put an order in - could the girls chuck in my snap fitting that's sat on someone's desk please?

Ta

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 06:32:58 pm »
Nice van for sale though  ;D

Not actually ours  :) - we are advertising it for one of our Suppliers who have it surplus to current requirements.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 06:33:28 pm »
Alex, I've just put an order in - could the girls chuck in my snap fitting that's sat on someone's desk please?

Ta

Could you drop them an email as I am not sure which fitting this is :)

Mike #1

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 06:47:25 pm »
Find them to heavy had to buy one last year as no xtremes at the time used for 4 days then chucked on worktop in garage gathering dust with carbon gooseneck

Window Lickers

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 06:54:22 pm »
If you want to send it my way I'll give you £10 for it ;)
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

duncan h

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 08:41:45 pm »
Time to try an alternative. This is how custom is lost, unless alternative is rubbish  :o

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »
Time to try an alternative. This is how custom is lost, unless alternative is rubbish  :o

You're right this is how custom is lost  :o

Unfortunately we do not make the bristle material so we are dependent on the suppliers of this bristle type to deliver on time - hasn't happened this time, so our brush factory has had to switch bristle suppliers - should be better in the long run though.

Fortunately for window cleaners there are a lot of brush choices out there so no one's window cleaning business should collapse in the meantime and I'm not after world domination of the brush market  ;D

There are another 14 brushes in the range to choose from if it has to be a 'Gardiner' brush.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 09:37:17 pm »
you could always try this brush

DeLuce

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 10:16:36 pm »
^^ ;D ;D ;D now THAT is funny!

8weekly

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 10:19:11 pm »
you could always try this brush