This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Lickers

Re: Pole reconditioning.
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:40 am »
CIU - don't you just love it. ;)
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 09:54:54 am »
So in essence, you agree with what most are suggesting. ;)

If you ask me for a straight answer, then I shall say that, as far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one thing with another in terms of the average of arguments, then in the final analysis it is probably true to say, that at the end of the day, in general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a point on it, there probably wasn't very much in it one way or the other as far as one can see, at this stage.

Vin

Don Kee

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2014, 12:01:01 pm »
I'll my peni5 is bigger than all of yours...ok maybe not, its a grower not a show'er
 ;D
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

ChumBucket

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 12:34:28 pm »

If you ask me for a straight answer, then I shall say that, as far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one thing with another in terms of the average of arguments, then in the final analysis it is probably true to say, that at the end of the day, in general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a point on it, there probably wasn't very much in it one way or the other as far as one can see, at this stage.

Vin

You should be a politician Vin!! ;D

Stephen.C

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 03:51:41 pm »

Vin
;D ;D FAF
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

dd

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 04:08:15 pm »
Yes I do claim that. Around £3800 is the biggest expense - 45 per mile for the van.
I see I misread. £3,800 is the mileage claim. It's unusual to claim that allowance if you are a tradesman.

Joking aside, if you offset the whole cost of purchasing your van against your turnover I don't think you can claim that mileage allowance. Seriously, you need advice from an expert. I could be wrong, but I thought the 45p per mile was if you used your personal vehicle for your business. Similarly, I am pretty sure you can't offset, VED, insurance, servicing if you are claiming the 45p.

You can claim 45 per mile for the first 10,000 (which I do not exceed). Doing this means you cannot claim the purchase price as a capital expenditure, but as I have owned the van from new for 9 years (I always planned to keep it long term), seemed the best route to go down.

If you change your van more frequently you are better going down the capital allowance route instead.

The other advantage is it is more simple in that I do not have to keep fuel receipts or any other van related bills as it all allowed for in the mileage allowance. 9 years ago though the mileage allowance was comparatively more generous than it is now.
I suggest you get an accountant or call HMRC for guidance for clarification. Generally the allowance you are claiming is for use of your personal vehicle in your business and means not only that you can't claim the capital allowance, but that you can't claim any other expenses. If you do decide to call an accountant, I recommend you call a different one to the one that advised you in the matter of your home office.
I do actually know what I am doing and if you bothered to read my post correctly I explained that if you go down the mileage allowance route you cannot claim the purchase cost as a capital allowance, or any of the other ongoing costs.

A few years ago I was called up by the local tax office and they went through my accounts in fine detail and everything was OK. Perhaps you know more than they do?

g.brookes

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »
anyone got some specific advice on how to recondition/ apply lacquer to the pole?  My top two sections are losing their grip and extending with a struggle, but id rather not pay over £150 to replace them.

Don Kee

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2014, 06:32:16 pm »
What pure h2o's youtube vid....he's a spanner ( ;D) but the vid is helpful

g.brookes

Don Kee

KS Cleaning

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2014, 07:20:20 pm »
It's also worth taking apart the clamp bolts and giving them a little clean and spray.