Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windies

Re: Cyclists and window cleaners .. anyone off here ??
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 10:11:01 pm »
I took a half day a while back and went out on my road cycle , on the way I overtook a customer of mine who is also a keen cyclist (and a copper) so I rode with him for a bit. As we came through a village a skip lorry was blocking half of the road but was clearly stopped , I went to go in front of him and he released the brakes revved the engine and smashed into the side of me leaving me wedged between the front of his truck and the grass verge. I got up and said what's your problem he said ' cyclists are my f-img problem they think they own the road'
My customer then comes over on his bike and tells the guy he's way out of line to which the driver says shut  your mouth before I smack you on the chin. At this point the custy says I will point out to you now Im an off duty police officer and I'm going to take some photographic evidence and pass this case on to my colleagues . The skip drivers face was a picture hahaha oh I'm so sorry having a bad day etc etc

PoleKing

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »
Hate cyclist 2 abreast, talking to each other. Holding traffic up. Asking for it if you ask me
theres no law against riding two abreast  ;) ;)

Is there a law against cutting them up?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 08:02:14 pm »
Hate cyclist 2 abreast, talking to each other. Holding traffic up. Asking for it if you ask me

NO BUT IT CAN BE CLAIM AS DANGEROUS DRIVING SAME AS ANYTHING ELSE YOU CUT UP

sorry caps of now

PoleKing

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 09:13:16 pm »

NO BUT IT CAN BE CLAIM AS DANGEROUS DRIVING SAME AS ANYTHING ELSE YOU CUT UP

sorry caps of now

So cyclists don't like being cut up.
And drivers don't like them riding 2 abreast.
Im sure a balance is to be had somewhere.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 09:29:20 pm »
i like to see someone hit me off,i could do with a new bike,and then see there face when they see the price of the bike,

bike and me are both insured  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 09:57:42 pm »
i like to see someone hit me off,i could do with a new bike,and then see there face when they see the price of the bike,

I think knocking people off is a bit harsh.
Glad you've got the attitude of most cyclists though Franky.
"I'm insured, I've as much right on the road as anyone else and don't need to pay road tax" ::)roll

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »

"I'm insured, I've as much right on the road as anyone else and don't need to pay road tax" ::)roll
pay my road tax mate with 3 vechiles in are household thank you :)

that bike you brought  cant you get your leg over it to ride it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P :P :P

Don Kee

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »

bike and me are both insured  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lol frank has 3 vehicles in the road, i'd imagine he pays more road tax than most
And i'd also bet most (not all) cyclists own motor vehicles in one way shape or form

I'm far from cyclists biggest fans but its a little rich making general assumptions on peoples thought processes when you ask others not to assume your beliefs on other threads   ::)roll
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

PoleKing

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 10:08:12 pm »

Lol frank has 3 vehicles in the road, i'd imagine he pays more road tax than most
And i'd also bet most (not all) cyclists own motor vehicles in one way shape or form

I'm far from cyclists biggest fans but its a little rich making general assumptions on peoples thought processes when you ask others not to assume your beliefs on other threads   ::)roll

I always have this discussion with Franky, Don. We established I actually pay more road tax than him already ;D
Its not a serious discussion. But I'm sure he appreciates you having his back.

Don Kee

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 10:10:54 pm »

I always have this discussion with Franky, Don. We established I actually pay more road tax than him already ;D

Nah, my bad sorry!
Dont think i'm in the best mood tonight, time to sign off me thinks before i make a m ong of myself  ;D
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

PoleKing

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 10:19:35 pm »

Nah, my bad sorry!
Dont think i'm in the best mood tonight, time to sign off me thinks before i make a m ong of myself  ;D

No sweat bud.
Whats up? Get it out there, we may be able to help.

Soupy

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 04:33:32 pm »

No, there isn't. There isn't a law that says you cant stick your fingers in a live socket either, doesn't stop it being a ******* stupid ****** thing to ******* do though does it?
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Dave Willis

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 04:44:43 pm »
Franky - got a link for insurance or is it a club thing? Does it cover for loss of earnings?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 07:30:35 pm »
Franky - got a link for insurance or is it a club thing? Does it cover for loss of earnings?
though british cycling mate

no soapy,your right,but if you rode a bike you under stand why you ride two abreast

why is it them car will slow for horse,even slow down when they see a copper,but when they see a cyclist then it the devil,me thinks it really jealous case they aint fit and healty

Frankybadboy

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:04 pm »

yep you do as one vehicle i don't pay for as its a mobility vehicle,so thank for paying for it poleking  :P

PoleKing

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 12:42:53 pm »

yep you do as one vehicle i don't pay for as its a mobility vehicle,so thank for paying for it poleking  :P

No worries mate. I didn't realise you were entitled to a mobility vehicle just for being a m ong. ;D

Window Lickers

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 01:08:38 pm »
 :'(
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

gary999

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 03:29:54 pm »

No worries mate. I didn't realise you were entitled to a mobility vehicle just for being a m ong. ;D

Sometimes Dirty you really need to shutup :)

PoleKing

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 03:59:56 pm »

Who's nicked your digestives, Gaz?
Jogging thread hit a nerve? ;D

gary999

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »

Who's nicked your digestives, Gaz?
Jogging thread hit a nerve? ;D

Err Franky has a good reason for needing a mobility  smart arse :)