Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ChumBucket

Re: Those who are mostly domestic that registered for VAT
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 08:30:04 pm »
question to the guys who have made the jump

what have been the benefits of going vat reg

have you made more profit since going vat reg than before being vat reg

have you picked up more work since being vat reg

Its not about making a jump it about having a turnover of more than £79000 you don't have a choice.

It's £81k this year.
I heard (though can't confirm) it'll be £85k next year.

Personally I don't believe that but if there are then they would be in a very small minority, strange how they all
find their way onto this forum.

Believe what?
 The first bit is fact. The second bit I've said was only what I've heard ???

Was replying to the bit you deleted, not what you said about the vat.
I wasn't saying that you hadn't heard people boast about these type of earnings, I'm saying I don't believe these type
of people.

81K = 5 days per week, every week for 50 weeks per year earning £324 per day, every day for 250 days.

CleanClear

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 08:48:05 pm »
I hope a lot more guys go VAT registered. Then sole traders like me will definatley be at least 10% cheaper :-)
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

ChumBucket

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 08:59:16 pm »
I hope a lot more guys go VAT registered. Then sole traders like me will definatley be at least 10% cheaper :-)

The more vat reg' & franchised window cleaners out there the better!! ;D 10-20% to play with- just to be level. ;D

8weekly

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 10:33:17 pm »

What you and all the negative thinkers on here never grasp is that you don't get business by being cheap. Very rarely on domestic work do people get comparative quotes. So you and others can carry on being as cheap as you like, but don't think that by being cheap that you will be taking work from me.

PoleKing

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 10:36:42 pm »
question to the guys who have made the jump

what have been the benefits of going vat reg

have you made more profit since going vat reg than before being vat reg

have you picked up more work since being vat reg

Its not about making a jump it about having a turnover of more than £79000 you don't have a choice.

It's £81k this year.
I heard (though can't confirm) it'll be £85k next year.

Personally I don't believe that but if there are then they would be in a very small minority, strange how they all
find their way onto this forum.

Believe what?
 The first bit is fact. The second bit I've said was only what I've heard ???

Was replying to the bit you deleted, not what you said about the vat.
I wasn't saying that you hadn't heard people boast about these type of earnings, I'm saying I don't believe these type
of people.

Oh, fair enough.
Thats why i deleted it.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

CleanClear

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 10:42:39 pm »

What you and all the negative thinkers on here never grasp is that you don't get business by being cheap. Very rarely on domestic work do people get comparative quotes. So you and others can carry on being as cheap as you like, but don't think that by being cheap that you will be taking work from me.

Not sure what you did there bud, but somehow you've taken my general comment and personalised it. I'm not cheap and i don't intend on taking any work from you.
 I was just stating a fact. I'm not a negative thinker, i'm a foreward thinker. I'm also registered, insured, and qualified (i know !! :-)  ). But the fact remains as a sole trader i can afford to be at least 10% cheaper than a VAT registered trader. Thats based on the VAT registration alone and not factoring in the probably a VAT registered trader is much larger than me and has a lot of overheads pertaining to staff, etc. Thats all i'm stating.
 If you wanna be negative about that fact and call me negative then so be it !  ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 10:45:37 pm »

Not sure what you did there bud, but somehow you've taken my general comment and personalised it. I'm not cheap and i don't intend on taking any work from you.
 I was just stating a fact. I'm not a negative thinker, i'm a foreward thinker. I'm also registered, insured, and qualified (i know !! :-)  ). But the fact remains as a sole trader i can afford to be at least 10% cheaper than a VAT registered trader. Thats based on the VAT registration alone and not factoring in the probably a VAT registered trader is much larger than me and has a lot of overheads pertaining to staff, etc. Thats all i'm stating.
 If you wanna be negative about that fact and call me negative then so be it !  ;D

What do you mean CC?

ChumBucket

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 10:50:24 pm »

What makes you think that someone 10 to 20% cheaper than you isn't as good nor professional as yourself? Or even better for that matter. You do the maths- two competing quotes, one is 20% cheaper, friendlier, as professional, equal standard of equipment etc etc Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................................... ::)roll

8weekly

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 10:51:22 pm »

It wasn't meant to be personal. My apologies as reading it back, it does read that way. My point remains though that in domestic work, on the whole when you quote, you have no competition, so it doesn't matter whether you or any one is cheaper because the only person to quote is the one that dropped the leaflet or knocked the door. And therein lies the secret to achieving £300 a day every day.

8weekly

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 10:53:54 pm »

What makes you think that someone 10 to 20% cheaper than you isn't as good nor professional as yourself? Or even better for that matter. You do the maths- two competing quotes, one is 20% cheaper, friendlier, as professional, equal standard of equipment etc etc Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................................... ::)roll
Read my lips DOMESTICS DON'T GET COMPETITIVE QUOTES. I doubt very much whether I am the best window cleaner, but it doesn't matter.

CleanClear

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 10:54:31 pm »

What do you mean CC?

Just that, i'm registered as self employed window cleaner with HMRC. I just highlighted that point as many here often pull that up as a point if they're outcompeted for a job...i.e i'll bet they're the beer brigade, not registered or insured, blah blah blah !!!
 I remember Lee Burbidge bringing up a point a while ago..along the lines of ....should VAT registered Business have to pay VAT on domestic customers etc... Its like they (people who want to expand over the VAT threshold) want their cake and eat it.

PoleKing

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 10:57:30 pm »

What do you mean CC?

Just that, i'm registered as self employed window cleaner with HMRC. I just highlighted that point as many here often pull that up as a point if they're outcompeted for a job...i.e i'll bet they're the beer brigade, not registered or insured, blah blah blah !!!
 I remember Lee Burbidge bringing up a point a while ago..along the lines of ....should VAT registered Business have to pay VAT on domestic customers etc... Its like they (people who want to expand over the VAT threshold) want their cake and eat it.

Oh, I getchya.

CleanClear

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 10:58:22 pm »
And therein lies the secret to achieving £300 a day every day.
I already know how to do that. Two things stop me.  ;D  
[1] I don't have the physical ability.
[2] I can't be arsed to sort out staff to do it (read: i ain;t clever enough to manage it all).

;D ;D

8weekly

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 11:05:07 pm »
[2] I can't be arsed to sort out staff to do it (read: i ain;t clever enough to manage it all).

;D ;D
To be honest I am struggling physically. My arms, shoulders and neck are feeling it but I should be able to drastically reduce the physical load very soon.

ChumBucket

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 11:11:22 pm »

;D ;D
To be honest I am struggling physically. My arms, shoulders and neck are feeling it but I should be able to drastically reduce the physical load very soon.

Is that the secret to £300 a day? struggling, bad arms & shoulders? ;D ;D You never know, you might be able to achieve it without killing yourself one day! ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 11:12:31 pm »

;D ;D

Well good luck with it. The downside to sole traders like me is when i stop, thats it the business stops, thats it. Probably as you're experiencing the next step up is not actually a step its a leap. Lots more work to do and staff to manage, VAT to consider (as you're doing). I'll just watch these type thread with interest.

8weekly

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 11:18:32 pm »

;D ;D

Is that the secret to £300 a day? struggling, bad arms & shoulders? ;D ;D You never know, you might be able to achieve it without killing yourself one day! ;D
Actually, I am certain that I could achieve it with less strain. I could just whack up all my prices and drop some less prifitable customers and remain a sole trader, but instead I am not yet increasing prices and holding onto them all because my chosen method of achieving it is to employ.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 07:49:07 am »
bloody hell steve you come a long way in two years from when you was using a trolley ?

8weekly

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:56 am »
bloody hell steve you come a long way in two years from when you was using a trolley ?
Thanks Frankie. My life changed when I joined Tosh's club. That said I always priced well but yes it's pretty staggering how much I've achieved and work still coming in at around 5 new jobs a week. Spring and summer were mad.

Caleb Morley

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 06:50:02 pm »

Spot on.

Customers that buy based on price as their major factor in making the decision are the worst customers to have.