Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Hector*

Re: What's your income?
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2014, 04:09:54 am »

Hector after all these years you put a spell on me to go LM  know you quit

All the more time to give you personal one on one advice Ian...
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2014, 05:46:04 pm »
That sounds a bit ominous Ian I'd watch out do not look in his eyes!

Shaun

*Hector*

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 05:51:17 pm »
just relax Shaun..... relax........ relax.....

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 05:54:18 pm »
Squeaky bum time :o

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 07:01:32 pm »
Thats why I am taking up Parrots ??? ???

Perhaps I better start with a Budgie

Pete Blackburn

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2014, 09:46:12 pm »
My account has 12 carpet cleaners on his books. He won't divulge, but he has said that all of them are very small earners.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2014, 10:02:09 pm »
yeah there's no money in it really. Buts its not all about money.  :)

Hilton

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2014, 10:07:38 pm »
I stopped carpet cleaning quite a while ago but have other business interests (nothing to do with Polly's) how ever just for fun I still do the occasional job as I did today and keep equipment to play around with,

Carpet cleaning was never going to achieve the kind of income I was after but was useful as an add on I may restart it but employ someone to do the cleaning and take a cut but certainly will never be a main core business.

Big earning carpet cleaners are very very few and far between, I know several that do sales over 100k but not on their own, so the question what is your income is irrelevant, it should be what can 'realistically'  earned and will it provide me with a living.

SimonW

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2014, 08:16:05 am »
what can 'realistically'  earned and will it provide me with a living?

There you go give me some honest answers.

I still believe if I'll continue cc and quietly soon I might start also with driveway cleaning that may make a sense.
After all why shouldn't I add another extra service? :)

[/quote]

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2014, 08:52:47 am »
Simon,
I'm not sure what it is you want us to say.
How much you earn depends on so many things; what equipment you have, the quality and quantity of your marketing, how driven you are to succeed, the quality of your work, what the running costs of your business, which defines how much you need to charge in the first place.
But you should be able to do £1k a week, much more if you have a TM and the customers.

Sim

Mike Halliday

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2014, 08:53:47 am »
If we are realistic we are not investment banker or movie stars, our earnings will never set the world alight but in the great scheme of things we do ok.

We can earn more than....

Police officerers
Firemen
Teachers
Office managers
Electricians
Bricklayers
Dog breaders
Binmen
Lorry drivers
Hotel managers...etc...etc...etc...etc

All for a lot less hours and usually with a lot less stress.

My wife is a manager with the NHS, I earn double what she earns and she has worked for them for over 30yrs she has a degree and hates her job, her only saving grace is her brilliant pension which she collects in 3yrs.

Simon W , if I was to move to a different part of the country and start completely fresh (but have all equipment and van) I would aim to be earning 40k in 3yrs with 30k profit
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

neil 47

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2014, 12:35:59 pm »
Simon

this should answer all your questions

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/search/Carpet-Cleaning-Equipment-Businesses-for-sale

Lists turnover
IICRC

Craigp

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »
I made £98 last week, I've been going 12 years so obviously not reached my peak yet, I think I can improve on that though.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2014, 03:47:35 pm »
My missus earned more per hour last week than I did, she only worked 4 hours I'm not going to say what she earned but I think she's spent it on Christmas presents at meadowhall with the amount of bags she brought back.

We are fortunate we get our money up, police offices get their pensions and time off, my mate is a teacher and that is money for old rope IMO he's planning his retirement in 11 years when he's 57 and in his own words he doesn't get stressed like some of the teachers that can't handle the job he's a head of department at a secondary school so he's an achiever not the normal diabolical teacher.

Shaun

Hilton

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2014, 07:53:54 pm »
I made £98 last week, I've been going 12 years so obviously not reached my peak yet, I think I can improve on that though.

£98 or £980...?

Paul Evans

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2014, 10:32:14 pm »
The best I can offer is  around £50 a hour.
but how many hours do I work ?

NOT MANY

Paul

SimonW

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2014, 10:46:16 pm »
I see a lot depends from my commitment to this business.
As been said previously everyone has different expectations.
If I'll make weekly 1k turnover oh God that'll be wonderful!

Believe me or not but I really relay on my business idea and I am going to put everything to achieve well established professional cleaning company.
And after many years hopefully I'll sell it or pass it to my kid.
Who knows?...

neil 47

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2014, 07:00:41 am »
Simon w

One thing that will help you achieve succes in cc is to totally imerss yourself in it to the point of obsesivness .

And remember marketing and upselling ,repeats, is where you make the money .
They need to trust and like you .
IICRC

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2014, 07:50:07 am »
Simon,
Success is something that you build and plan for. If you want to be successful you will have to have the funds available to you from the beginning to put into buying proper equipment and training and then marketing and all the other bits you need to form a professional carpet cleaning company. If try and do all of this on a shoestring  budget you won't get very far.

Good luck though

Simon

jasonl

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2014, 12:37:02 pm »
I have a nearly new Mercedes , phone , home phone , some household bills paid , holidays paid for if near to a work related exhibition /conference i attend , clothing paid for , i have forged links with customers met in the course of work that have lead to discounted trades , cheap houses , and many other services, i average 3k a month net , but would need a 90k salary  for a 30 hour week before tax to be better off than I am right now.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings