Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clive ware

Curtain cleaning
« on: October 31, 2014, 07:27:43 am »
Do many of you on here lean curtains? I dislike cleaning them very much so have vary rarely done so but one of my regular hotels wants all the curtains cleaned as well as all the carpets. I dont think they are that dirty, that said, theyve never been cleaned. Lots of swags and pelmets etc. Any tips?
Cheers

Simon Gerrard

Re: Curtain cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 09:41:11 am »
Clive,
They will probably have to be fireproofed too, so we usually take them down and get them dry cleaned and fireproofed and then rehang them. Not my favourite job.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 06:38:57 pm »
You'll be surprised by commercial curtains many haven't been flame retarded but that said if the FR has been applied cleaning the curtains in situ doesn't mean they need re applying most times they don't.

If you clean them on site call it a 'curtain valet' it's beneficial for the hotel to not take them down and tbh it's mainly dust a vac and a steamer with towels does most jobs and a nice fragrance.

Shaun

clive ware

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 07:05:37 pm »
Pretty much what I was going to do Shaun.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 08:10:38 am »
Which steamer do you use?

I've got a Polti Vaporetto 2400, but I'm thinking of upgrading it...
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »
I keep asking what Derek Bolton does and what he uses but nobody ever says does he pay you to keep quiet.  Bloody annoying as Doug and Myself took over Moderating when he quit

garybristow

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 09:17:26 pm »
The thing is , some curtains can be cleaned whilst hung if it is a maintenance clean, if they are really dirty( just run your fingers up and down them then rub yours fingers together you will feel the grease, if many they need to be taken down dry cleaned then re hung steamed and dressed,if you do this just use common sense, take photos, mark the swags and tails, ie number them from left to right, use a staple gun to re hang once you done a few jobs it's really simple and you can charge up as it's all time
Gary

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 07:34:37 am »
Gary is spot on with that post.
Swags and tails, pelmets etc are all a royal pia so make sure you charge for the time it takes to rehang them.

Simon