Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Chemtex Truckmounts
« on: October 24, 2014, 01:58:30 pm »
Has anyone got any experience of the Chemtex truckmounts from woodbridge. Are they any good? they seem quite a good price in comparison with others.

clive ware

Re: Chemtex Truckmounts
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 12:07:02 am »
Mine caught fire mate!!

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 07:01:44 am »
Had one for over 2 years brilliant so far.

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 07:20:04 am »
Mine caught fire mate!!

So do lots of other things.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 07:26:23 am »
Hi Robin,
I have the Chemtex Panther 27hp.  It is a great machine with plenty of power and heat.  Regular maintenance is essential though to keep it in tip-top running order.  The thermostats tend to need replacing on a regular basis and it eats through the rubber drive couplings.  I am in dorset so if you wanted a trip out to see it anytime I would be more than happy to run you through it.
cheers,
Pete  :D
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 08:42:14 am »
Thanks for the replies. I was only in Dorset on the weekend for a short break. I will take you up on that when I can though Pete thanks.
I was thinking of a Panther 20 it seems to have really good specs on paper and from the pics I've seen it looks really easy to work on. I will have to start saving some pennies it would be nice to go truck mounted at some point next year.

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 02:08:34 pm »
Hi Robin,
Great, just call me 07941 320177 when you are ready to pop over for a look.
cheers,
Pete
pete@carpetecleaning.com
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

clive ware

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 12:30:13 am »
I know lots of people who are pleased with their woodbridge TM`s. I think I just bought a duff one. It was never right from day one and just got worse and worse. Every single high pressure hose had to be replaced in the first year, umpteen couplings, electrical problems  - I was constantly up in Essex having it repaired. It ended up catching fire and completely destroyed my whole van and very nearly my business.

gwrightson

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 07:13:49 am »

I did used to have a problem with the couplings, but once aligned perfectly not bean a problem. ( touch wood)

I can have the t/m in and out new rubbers fitted with in an hour.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Steve Chapman

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 06:18:40 pm »
Yep had the panther 20 for about 8 years & been a brilliant machine, compared to many other tms it's pretty easy to service & maintain which is what I like !

Would def but another, bit had to replace rubber coupling yet so must've of been one of the lucky ones !

Steve

Paul Moss

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 06:04:35 pm »
The rubber couplings will only go if...
1. It is not aligned correctly, it does not have to be dead straight but if it is massively out of line then they will shear.
2. Foam is allowed to come out the blower from the waste tank.
3. This is the most common problem. Engine running at half or three quarter speed on a job. The machine is designed to run at full throttle at all times when in use.
4. Vac relief sticks.

Robin Ray

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 06:47:34 pm »
Do you have a Panther Paul?

Paul Moss

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 07:27:57 pm »
Yep on my second one, it's a 25 hp