This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S.W. Window Cleaning

Filling Tank On A Slope
« on: September 24, 2014, 04:50:21 pm »
Hi,
Just moved house and I have noticed when filling the van its very slow. The drive is on a slope. Would that make a difference?

Cheers,
Steve

SB Cleaning

Re: Filling Tank On A Slope
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:12:20 pm »
Doubt it

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:14:10 pm »
Its more than likely the tap pressure.

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:18:38 pm »
If your lower down then your electricity supply is lower...i think its for every 10metres down hill you are, you lose a kw...
Also the water may get tired if it has to travel uphill extensively so that might be an issue...

Just joking bud, If your sub pump is trying to push the water to an elevation around 15/20 ft higher than your pump is set you might get a slight problem but it's doubtful...
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:25 pm »
If your lower down then your electricity supply is lower...i think its for every 10metres down hill you are, you lose a kw...
Also the water may get tired if it has to travel uphill extensively so that might be an issue...

Just joking bud, If your sub pump is trying to push the water to an elevation around 15/20 ft higher than your pump is set you might get a slight problem but it's doubtful...

Don, you are on the right track.

All pumps will have a 'head'. The Clarke CSE400A has a head of 8 meters. At that height above the water level the submersible wouldn't pump any water at all but at 0 (zero) head it will pump 115 liters a minute (theoretically.) As the head or height the pump has to pump increases, so the delivery volume will decrease.

The specs graph on that submersible shows that at a 2 meter head the pump will deliver 100 LPM; at 4 meters it will deliver 80 LPM and at 6 meters it will deliver 50 LPM.

I have also noticed that our water in the tank is much colder than it was 2 months ago. As the water's temperature drops its viscosity changes and this will also impact on delivery volume.

So I would suggest that a 20% drop of delivery flow at a 2 meter head (+- 6') would be noticeable.   
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Window Lickers

Re: Filling Tank On A Slope New
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:21:11 am »
Hi,
Just moved house and I have noticed when filling the van its very slow. The drive is on a slope. Would that make a difference?

Cheers,
Steve

No.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.