Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

F A O Gardiner poles
« on: September 23, 2014, 08:19:11 pm »
Can you tell me were I can get a strechy type pipe for the inside of my water fed pole, the 5mm pipe I use now keeps getting tangled up .
I asked the same question years ago but never got a proper answer, could this be a good idea.

A pipe that stretches when the pole is at it's highest and retracts back to its normal length when the pole is at it's shortest length .
Call me mad but I think this would work.
  Regards ccmids

JSMC

Re: F A O Gardiner poles
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:25:34 pm »
I may change my gardiner pole hose to stuff i used to use. Streamline lite or something.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:38:25 pm »
I've got to do something it's driving me mad

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:43:47 pm »
Chap that worked for me had the same problem where the hose would become tangled. I suggested to him that he should stop doing pirouettes ??? So I changed the pole hose and not before long it started again. After a few hours of work I sometimes find that I need to disconnect the pole hose from the reel to undo a slight tangle but not to the extent of it being a constant problem. So I'm sure it must be down to the user constantly rotating the pole. The same thing can happen when pressure washing only it becomes noticeable more quickly.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:46:52 pm »
Can you tell me were I can get a strechy type pipe for the inside of my water fed pole, the 5mm pipe I use now keeps getting tangled up .
I asked the same question years ago but never got a proper answer, could this be a good idea.

A pipe that stretches when the pole is at it's highest and retracts back to its normal length when the pole is at it's shortest length .
Call me mad but I think this would work.
  Regards ccmids

Tangling pole hose is an occupational hazard - how old is the hose you are currently using? PVC hose can become more prone to tangle with age as the PVC material becomes slightly more rigid with use and heat (from the hot summer).

I have looked into this stretchy type hose in the past and the problem is that for the hose to stretch it has to reduce in diameter. When fully extended the water flow rate decreases dramatically compared to its un-stretched state.

I do know of clients who use standard Microbore hose up the pole which is far less prone to tangling. It is heavier though.

Also what some do is to have a length of pole hose down the pole and just sticking out by about 1" with a male connector attached. They then connect their hose reel hose to this and as they extend the pole it pulls the reel hose up the pole.

koopmaster

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:33:41 pm »
what about a spinning adapter at the top of the pole near the brush.  something like on the gardinier connector pack but smaller.  Now that would be a useful and wanted invention....

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »
Nice one Alex , blame the hot summer , just wait til the cold comes and the hoses turn to wire , you know its comming dont you !!!!

What you need to stock is a pole hose that never kinks , stretches , splits , tangles , goes hard , goes soft , wears out , can be used with all manner of hot and cold systems , and needs to come in a colour that matches the companies colour scheme .

CRACK THAT AND YOU WILL START PULLING IN MONEY AT LAST , By the way i love the latest backpack , and thanks for the free hat , hose cutter , pen , and reel motor , 100 m in less than 20 seconds , wcw cant beat that can they  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rich  
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 09:48:53 pm »
Nice one Alex , blame the hot summer , just wait til the cold comes and the hoses turn to wire , you know its comming dont you !!!!

What you need to stock is a pole hose that never kinks , stretches , splits , tangles , goes hard , goes soft , wears out , can be used with all manner of hot and cold systems , and needs to come in a colour that matches the companies colour scheme .

CRACK THAT AND YOU WILL START PULLING IN MONEY AT LAST , By the way i love the latest backpack , and thanks for the free hat , hose cutter , pen , and reel motor , 100 m in less than 20 seconds , wcw cant beat that can they  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rich  

Reel motor?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 09:50:07 pm »

Rich  
You forgot bally dancers doing pirouettes  :)

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 11:14:09 pm »
Swan lake with a kwik lok swan neck  :D :D :D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

PCM LTD

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 06:38:34 am »
I've got to do something it's driving me mad

Try this from Xline. It's not very stretchy but it's soft and easy to work with. Can be used hot or cold.

http://www.xline-systems.co.uk/xline-shop/xline-hose/xline-5mm-microflex-hose-9-5mtr-detail

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 06:54:21 am »
Same as streamline lite-5 , The best hose is aquadapter hose i am currently using Gardiners PU hose but having issues with it creasing at the base and eventually looking as though it may split .

So will go back to Aquadapter hose  :P :P . Mike

Mike #1

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 07:49:20 am »
Oh well scrap that idea they won't sell me any I wanted some for a 30ft pole and they said they could only supplie me with an 8mtr length . Mike