This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H20cleaning

About to buy a water heater...
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:16:47 am »
Finally getting round to order a hot water heater, but one thing thats bothering me is the fittings? Do they come with the heater to connect hoses and has upto a bottle?

I will be working with my heater on the back doors of the van and im getting a rain cover to go over the flu but so the gas's can still escape.

Do they use the same gas as a bbq gas bottle?

Scrimble

Re: About to buy a water heater...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 12:32:26 pm »
why don't you ask the supplier who you are buying the heater from what fittings/hoses it comes with?

covering up the heater? sounds like you dont have a clue in what you are doing and your buying something that in the wrong hands could be very dangerous

J.D

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:11:16 pm »
Covering up the heater????

Are ye mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:45:19 pm »
What's that distant sound I hear......

Oh yeah............

BOOOOOOOOOOOM

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 05:08:21 pm »
just ordered the stainless 8l lpg heater off ebay from hong kong, £92.
hope it works ok when it comes!!

Immaculate windows

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:11:57 pm »
I have just ordered the corwood one, so will play around installing that when/if we get a wet day  ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 05:14:51 pm »
Finally getting round to order a hot water heater, but one thing thats bothering me is the fittings? Do they come with the heater to connect hoses and has upto a bottle?

I will be working with my heater on the back doors of the van and im getting a rain cover to go over the flu but so the gas's can still escape.

Do they use the same gas as a bbq gas bottle?

I presume this is a cowl, as fitted to domestic central heating flues.  Specially designed for the purpose.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 05:24:46 pm »
No Ian, most likely a bit of the cardboard box it came in 😄

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 08:03:48 pm »
Personally I get the same results in summer and winter,using water out of my tank,just that it's colder shouldn't make any difference if your doing a good job.
The only difference I get is cold hands but in the south it's not as cold as up north,so I understand why you want heated water and a hot pole must be nice lol

Plankton

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:30 pm »
Personally I get the same results in summer and winter,using water out of my tank,just that it's colder shouldn't make any difference if your doing a good job.
The only difference I get is cold hands but in the south it's not as cold as up north,so I understand why you want heated water and a hot pole must be nice lol
My take on it is the hot/warm water will evaporate quicker and so reduces the chance of collecting airborne dirt.

gary999

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 10:44:27 pm »
Hot water also freezes quicker than cold..lovely for making
ice skating rinks if you cant grit ;D

Been handy to use for conny and fascia cleans during the summer
though :)

H20cleaning

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:22 pm »
Scramble i think you dont have a clue about reading a post properly....

A flu pipe is for fumes to escape, i didnt say i was covering it did i? What i said was...
I was getting a RAIN COVER made to cover the top of the heat but obviously not stopping the fumes escaping out of the flu.

We have a log burner at home? The top of the flu had a rain cover on? Should we tell the profesional installers to take it off?
 read posts properly next time.

dave0123

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 12:54:05 am »
Scramble i think you dont have a clue about reading a post properly....

A flu pipe is for fumes to escape, i didnt say i was covering it did i? What i said was...
I was getting a RAIN COVER made to cover the top of the heat but obviously not stopping the fumes escaping out of the flu.

We have a log burner at home? The top of the flu had a rain cover on? Should we tell the profesional installers to take it off?
 read posts properly next time.

Its ok... people on here read want they want to see.. not whats actully said  ::)roll
Dave.

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 01:30:30 am »

Someone on here said pure water has a lower freezing point than tap water, so I looked it up and was baffled by geeky quotes. Something to do with it not having nucleations or other. And after reading a lot of tripe I've no intention of looking up what you've said. I'll take your word for it. :)

colin bird

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 07:23:52 am »
My take on it is the hot/warm water will evaporate quicker and so reduces the chance of collecting airborne dirt.
yes see where your coming from point taken

Bungle

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 09:54:38 pm »

Are you telling us you use warm tap water now? God in heavens. You ain't a yammer am ya?
We look at them, they look through them.

gary999

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 09:59:44 pm »

Are you telling us you use warm tap water now? God in heavens. You ain't a yammer am ya?

Hot water occasionally from tap yes on some con cleans

Used my collected rain water today 11ppm ;)