This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Wish this sun would bugger off
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:30:16 pm »
Fed up with looking out of my kitchen window this time of the evening and realising how crap wfp really is.  ::)roll

LWC

Re: Wish this sun would bugger off
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:38:36 pm »
Novice

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:56:35 pm »
Get a window cleaner in to do them.  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:11:04 pm »
Wor Lass does a lovely job on our house.  She's a proper window cleaner though; knows what she's doing, she does.

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 10:24:02 pm »
In total seriousness though, my windows always look better when I take my time and not the slapdash clean my customers often get.

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 11:08:49 pm »
Fed up with looking out of my kitchen window this time of the evening and realising how crap wfp really is.  ::)roll

Give us a picture Dave?

Or why don't ya just tell us what kid of marks your talking about?

Mayb we can help. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

H20cleaning

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 11:18:56 pm »
Must be the insides were you been washing the dishes  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:58 pm »
Every so often MR willis puts up these kind of posts. I think 1 of 2 things;

1- He is wisely trying to put newbies off of setting up window cleaning with WFP and ultimately over saturating the market which will drive prices down.

2- he is genuinely rubbish at using WFP.

I'm 50/50 to be honest.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Window Lickers

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 11:59:15 pm »
20/80.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Jonny 87

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 08:26:47 am »

gary999

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:28 am »
If in doubt...get the squeegee out!! ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 06:13:23 pm »
I find some glass just won't take to wfp no matter what you do.

britishwill

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 09:09:23 pm »
GIVE US SOME PICS

dannymack

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 02:58:06 pm »
Agree with ya Dave, wfp leaves a crap finish not all the time but you can see when the sun hits it !!!! Can't beat as squeegee but wfp is so much easier and quicker !!!

Don't know how we get away with some poor results half the time.

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 03:14:36 pm »
The only problem I ever have is with certain types of vented windows and dirty water comes out of the vents and leaves run drip down marks. And that's down to operator error. I usually am fine but occasionally it catches me out.

If there is any other kind of marks or streaks left on the glass it's because of a few things;

Not using a high enough flow rate
Not scrubbing enough
Not rinsing enough

If it is done properly then a window dries crystal clear. I'd hate it if I left a crap finish!

dannymack

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 06:26:15 pm »
No m8 not always the case, I use a 100psi flow with no controler, I've cleaned some windows really slow and rinsed but with the sum on them they still dry crap not all some come real good, but I gotta say I get
More satisfaction when squeegee as I know how the end result is, as with the pole you never know !!!!

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 06:31:22 pm »
No m8 not always the case, I use a 100psi flow with no controler, I've cleaned some windows really slow and rinsed but with the sum on them they still dry crap not all some come real good, but I gotta say I get
More satisfaction when squeegee as I know how the end result is, as with the pole you never know !!!!

What kind of marks Danny?

Mayb I'm just lucky but I don't have any windows on my round that don't come up good. If it's poor, it's down to my technique.

SeanK

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 09:37:46 pm »
Have you cleaned your glasses lately. ;D

dannymack

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 08:18:27 am »
It's not the technique Johnny as I've been wfp since 2004  it must be different types of glass, I know some bead and some run down the glass but the sun drys the windows out to quick and they can look terrible.

SeanK

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 08:50:44 am »
At the end of the day if you scrub the glass and use enough water to remove the dirt then all glass
will come up perfect using purified water.
Certain types of glass will take a bit more scrubbing because as Danny has said the water beads on the glass
and rinsing wont remove all the dirt.
99% of problems will be down to what the glass is held in ( frames, seals, drain holes, vents and so on ) some of these
problems can be overcome by using different techniques but some will just cause problem after problem and are
best done using traditional methods or removed from your round.
What percentage of problem windows you get on your round will depend on luck, some might only get a few here and
there and some will get a lot, but anybody who says they have never got a problem window or that all windows can be
cleaned using wfp don't know what they are talking about.
One piece of good advice I got on here was... Know your windows.