Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Motorised hose reel
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:11:34 pm »
Have any of you guys bought and fitted the PowerUp Motorised upgrade to your hose reel please?

One of the 2 reviews on the window cleaning warehouse website is from a Steve Bowie from Oakley Window Cleaning. Is he on here please?

I know of Matt Bateman from Oakley window Cleaning, but this must be a different business.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

ants

Re: Motorised hose reel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:11:52 pm »
Ive just searched them,ive never seen these before.A bit pricey at £350, but i suppose they would be worth it.. if they're reliable.
Wont they put a lot of strain on our batteries though?

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:40:25 pm »
Does it mean you don't need a van, then?
You just drive the hose reel around?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stephen Fox

Re: Motorised hose re
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:02:21 am »
Spruce,

We've sold a lot of these, obviously not everyone who has bought one posts a review. A lot of purchases are made over the phone where we can guide them through the process with minimal fuss.

I can put you in touch with someone who has set one up.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 06:59:13 am »
Spruce,

We've sold a lot of these, obviously not everyone who has bought one posts a review. A lot of purchases are made over the phone where we can guide them through the process with minimal fuss.

I can put you in touch with someone who has set one up, so you can gain on his unlimited forc

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reply. I was going to look for your email address and ask directly.

I don't see why I should have a problem fixing it onto the standard hose reel.

Please can you advise if this will just fit on the standard reel or can it be adapted to fit your Proloc heavy duty reel as well?
The PowerUp illustration seems to show the water inlet of the spindle above the drive motor. Isn't there a concern about water drips from the hose connector?

How well does the standard hose reel fit 100 meters of minibore (8mm) hose? I have always used the wheeled equivalent but didn't know if there was a difference in the reel size.

Thanks.

H20cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 08:35:17 am »
Why so expensive? All it is really is a battery drill wich you can pick up for £100 or so.....

J.D

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 11:54:33 am »
Looks like an expensive bulky eyesore!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 06:57:20 pm »
Could make it look neater with a cam belt type cover

Stephen Fox

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 09:36:36 pm »
Spruce,

I can put you in touch with someone who has set one up, so you can gain on his unlimited forc

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reply. I was going to look for your email address and ask directly.

I don't see why I should have a problem fixing it onto the standard hose reel.

Please can you advise if this will just fit on the standard reel or can it be adapted to fit your Proloc heavy duty reel as well?
The PowerUp illustration seems to show the water inlet of the spindle above the drive motor. Isn't there a concern about water drips from the hose connector?

How well does the standard hose reel fit 100 meters of minibore (8mm) hose? I have always used the wheeled equivalent but didn't know if there was a difference in the reel size.

Thanks.

The Proloc version is in the testing phase and will be released shortly, a lot of interest in this.

If the standard reel is what we have on the site then a 100m of hose fits no problem. No issues so far with any drips, etc infact for something that has a lot of potential for going wrong we've had very little in 'comeback'. It has been well designed and does what it says, so far.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 09:39:17 pm »
Looks like an expensive bulky eyesore!

Jason, I'm guessing it's not for you then.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 09:42:50 pm »
Why so expensive? All it is really is a battery drill wich you can pick up for £100 or so.....

H20, the motorised reel has been out there as an 'idea' for years. We've given away countless reels to developers who have claimed to have the ability to make it happen.

This is the first working model for our industry, a lot of thought and experience has gone in to it, so far so good. If you can do better, please let me know...  :)

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 09:48:10 pm »
Thanks for info Stephen, much appreciated.

marc

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 10:28:39 pm »
Great bit of kit i got one about 8 weeks ago but there was a problem so it had to go back rather than fix it they sent a replacement out as far as I know , but now using it saves soooo much energy on the arms winding in if ya young then it don't matter but I'm 45 I have artrightites (no good at spelling) so after a good few hours working my body aches so I also use the lightest poles i can I also got mine for £400 instead of £420 as I didn't want the hassle of fixing it to a reel
Hope this helps Marc

marc

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 12:08:48 am »
Did you end up getting one

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 09:05:02 am »
Did you end up getting one

I'm waiting for the Prolok version as I'm planning a fixed hose reel inside the van, but this is in its infancy stage at the moment. I want to sort out a roller guide setup through the floor of the van as I don't want to leave the van doors open. But I have other issues with a towbar on my van that I need but it makes a hose exit at the rear a bit of a challenge.

I have had the wheeled version of the current hose reel the motorised Powerup is adapted for which I have had for nearly 8 years and it has served me very well. But the Prolok has a robust mounting plate which the others don't have. It isn't the proverbial train smash though. If the Prolok motorised version ends up costing 'thousands' then the Powerup will be what I will go for.

I will still keep my current hose reel on hand for those few jobs that I wheel the reel out to the furthest place, tie off the hose and walk it back to the van.

ben M

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 09:12:50 am »
any link please?

robert mitchell

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 09:40:18 am »
Damian , do you have any pics of your roller set up?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:01 am »
Damian , do you have any pics of your roller set up?

Doing a video soon for an interview, so i can show you that. I do have pics but not on here.

robert mitchell

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 10:45:45 am »
look forward to that video , did you have to remove spare wheel for yours?

if you could send pics that would be great.

mitchell_robert9@sky.com
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.