Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin Miller

Re: Viro-sol or ubik2000
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 03:15:44 pm »
Hi
I used tfr for the 1st time today. Wish I had used it years ago. Made a conny clean a piece of cake.
A couple of questions though, do you dilute or use neat? And is viro-sol or ubik any better?
Thanks, steven

Which tfr did you use Steven

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 06:40:29 pm »
Hi Kevin,

I would have used g101 on numerous occasions in the past, its an excellent cleaner but my issues with it are simple

- if used repeatedly on UPVC it will without question cause damage to the surface through degradation or discolouration
- In untrained hands it can cause huge problems for both contract cleaner & client

Darran is correct in what he says about a diluted single shot application, if rinsed away in time there should in theory be no damage caused. The reality is though that in many cases the product is left to dwell longer than necessary which will cause damage, over spray occurs a lot when people are spraying at height, the cleaner does not even realise that the over spray has landed on other surfaces. When this happens its only after that the damage may be seen.

While I understand completely Darran's point about time being money etc my overall point is that I feel that products containing sodium hydroxide are simply too aggressive. I use products that have a pH value of between 7-9, they are a safer alternative , kinder to the environment and you will never run the risk of causing any damage to the clients surfaces. If you use products within these pH values, yes the task may take 10-20% longer to carry out as it will require a longer dwell time and potentially more agitation. I feel that this extra time is a small price to pay for achieving the same end result with no risk whatsoever.

I know many people view my posts as pushing my own products, that genuinely is not my overall agenda on this forum, my belief is that safer products are the future of cleaning, as I have often pointed out there are many janitorial suppliers in the UK promoting similar safer alternatives.

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 06:46:36 pm »
Nice post Tadgh.

Out of interest, what's the cost of a more eco friendly product per 25 ltrs ?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 07:27:34 pm »
Nice post Tadgh.

Darran
Hi Darran, the product we use is 29.00 euro for 5ltr concentrate which you can dilute 10-1 for cleaning any surface, its based on colloidal micelles technology one of this centuries most promising advances in environmental science, if you do a google search there are suppliers promoting these safe cleaners in the UK.

p1w1

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 07:35:48 pm »
Nice post Tadgh.

Darran
Hi Darran, the product we use is 29.00 euro for 5ltr concentrate which you can dilute 10-1 for cleaning any surface, its based on colloidal micelles technology one of this centuries most promising advances in environmental science, if you do a google search there are suppliers promoting these safe cleaners in the UK.
can you not put a link up to something similar to yours please as i would like to try some..
thanks

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 09:03:37 pm »
Nice post Tadgh.

Darran
can you not put a link up to something similar to yours please as i would like to try some..
thanks
Hi p1w1, if you like you can email info@jskcleaning.ie   and i can send you on some information regards  Tadgh

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 09:13:45 pm »
I had tfr stain glass, not had any trouble with 101 in the couple of years I've been using it so until someone tests something else out on this forum then I'll stick with it. Virosol I've found is pretty good at dissolving blood on cills from spiders etc. but doesn't foam up enough for conservatory roofs for me. I always unplug customers water butts before cleaning conservatory roofs too.

Kevin Miller

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 09:58:32 pm »
I had tfr stain glass, not had any trouble with 101 in the couple of years I've been using it so until someone tests something else out on this forum then I'll stick with it. Virosol I've found is pretty good at dissolving blood on cills from spiders etc. but doesn't foam up enough for conservatory roofs for me. I always unplug customers water butts before cleaning conservatory roofs too.

How have you been using it Dave? Same as Danny ie 80/20

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 10:53:00 pm »
Hi Dave, i have been cleaning since the early 80s and from my experience i have long found out not to trust or take on faith what the major big brand manufacturers claim about using their cleaning chemicals, i would only make a judgement on any product after i tried and tested it for myself, i am not saying you should do the same but you will gain more confidence in using products if you carry out your own testing.

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 11:24:33 pm »

How have you been using it Dave? Same as Danny ie 80/20

similar kind of mix. tfr I had was called Fleetclean I think and I wouldn't recommend that for our purposes. 101, virosol and Ubik 2000 have been fine for me. I don't think many of us on here measure the stuff out very accurately anyway. It's also surprising how good water is if allowed to soak too.

CleanClear

*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2014, 12:31:16 am »
Tadgh, yes I suppose your right really you can't push anything without an operational website :-\

Seriously, I know we have opposing views, and yes I would agree if I used g101 at full strength on the same UPVC every month then at some point down the years their would be damage - which is where you are coming from, however, g101 is used as a diluted single shot application.  From my end I need something that cleans off heavily soiling instantly and effectively with minimal effort, time is money and g101 ticks all the boxes.

If your cleaner can beat g101 for cleaning power I'd happily use it and recommend it.

Darran
  Hi Darran, we are testing out a new technology from India which I am confident will be equal or better than g101 in performance and can be used safely to clean any surface washable with water, I would like to send you over a sample for testing and would greatly appreciate your feedback, if you are open to this please let me know and I will send some to you.

Regards

Tadgh

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 07:00:10 am »
Yes Tadgh - very happy to give it a try

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 01:10:44 pm »
Yes Tadgh - very happy to give it a try

Darran
Hi Darran will send some over to you on Monday, cheers Tadgh

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 04:39:16 pm »
Cheers.

I'll use it on the next SFG clean and give you some feedback

Darran

Kevin Miller

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 11:06:45 am »
Tadgh, yes I suppose your right really you can't push anything without an operational website :-\

Seriously, I know we have opposing views, and yes I would agree if I used g101 at full strength on the same UPVC every month then at some point down the years their would be damage - which is where you are coming from, however, g101 is used as a diluted single shot application.  From my end I need something that cleans off heavily soiling instantly and effectively with minimal effort, time is money and g101 ticks all the boxes.

If your cleaner can beat g101 for cleaning power I'd happily use it and recommend it.

Darran
  Hi Darran, we are testing out a new technology from India which I am confident will be equal or better than g101 in performance and can be used safely to clean any surface washable with water, I would like to send you over a sample for testing and would greatly appreciate your feedback, if you are open to this please let me know and I will send some to you.

Regards

Tadgh

Darren have you had a chance to use this yet. Tadgh is this available to buy yet pal?

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 03:07:12 pm »
Yes I have, but I will post later if that's ok

Darran

Kevin Miller

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 06:13:50 pm »
Yes I have, but I will post later if that's ok

Darran

Thanks Darren appreciated