Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin Miller

Viro-sol or ubik2000
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:34:59 pm »
More a question for those of you who clean conny roofs and gutters, soffits and facias. What do you use viro-sol or ubik 2000? Which do you prefer?

Ian101

Re: Viro-sol or ubik2000
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:52:39 pm »
only ever used tfr and recently started using virosol ... works great and smells nice

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:54:00 pm »
I'm other way around I was using tfr and tried ubik and find it just melts the stubborn green away!
I'm interested to know which is better though?

Kevin Miller

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:23:00 pm »
I'm other way around I was using tfr and tried ubik and find it just melts the stubborn green away!
I'm interested to know which is better though?

I'm tempted to order both and see which is best. How do you guts use it on conny roofs and gsf? Do you spray it on and leave for 5-10 mins then rinse/scrub off

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 05:37:59 pm »
Used both, even better is auto smart g101 😝

In reality there is not much between any of them but some do stain the glass if left to dry - TFR most definitely

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Kevin Miller

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 05:49:01 pm »

In reality there is not much between any of them but some do stain the glass if left to dry - TFR most definitely

Darran

Thanks Daren will look in to the auto smart stuff. Hoping to see if I can source some locally as I hate paying p&p lol

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 07:32:00 pm »
They run franchises all over the country, we have a good one in Norwich who delivers the 25 ltr drums FOC

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 07:49:33 pm »
We use them both, mostly as a degreaser for contract cleaning but also for removing black stains from white plastic and for removing grime from gutters. Both work brilliantly but Ubik smells horrible and gets down your throat badly when you spray it close to you.
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Kevin Miller

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 12:47:17 pm »

Darran

Cheers Darren on the recommendation of this, spoke to the local distributor this morning and it's £49 delivered for 25 litre drum. Does that sound about right. How do you use it, ie dilution wise? Do you let it dwell and is it safe on all surfaces?

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 10:39:10 pm »

Darran

Cheers Darren on the recommendation of this, spoke to the local distributor this morning and it's £49 delivered for 25 litre drum. Does that sound about right. How do you use it, ie dilution wise? Do you let it dwell and is it safe on all surfaces?
Just a word of warning Kevin, when working with g101 use it with extreme caution because if you dont its not safe on any surface, trust me on this as i messed up plenty of times when i did not know any better, make sure you read the instructions and the msds as there are some nasty ingredients in there, hope this may of benefit.

Kevin Miller

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:47 am »
Thanks for the warning about the auto smart. Do you mean not letting it dry out. What other potential issues are there? Is virosol or ubik a safer bet?

J.D

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 12:01:16 pm »
I use TFR 400:1 ratio and use it in a 50/50 mixture. Its lethal .

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 04:53:58 pm »
Yes that's sounds spot on for price, we use it at 20% dilution (4 parts pure water 1 part g101) we either spray on with plant sprayer or via a backpack which really removes algae fast.

Been using it for 2 years + on hundreds of properties, never had an issue with it other than really great results.

We don't use it on self cleaning glass mind you.

Tadgh does have his own agenda as a retailer of cleaning products

Darran

Kevin Miller

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »
Thanks Darren, do you leave it to dwell at all?

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 10:08:02 pm »
Around 5 mins if applied by plant sprayer, really heavy soiling pre wet if not using backpack and give a quick scrub with brush without water then start scrubbing with water flow on

Darran

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 11:24:27 pm »
Yes that's sounds spot on for price, we use it at 20% dilution (4 parts pure water 1 part g101) we either spray on with plant sprayer or via a backpack which really removes algae fast.

Been using it for 2 years + on hundreds of properties, never had an issue with it other than really great results.

We don't use it on self cleaning glass mind you.

Tadgh does have his own agenda as a retailer of cleaning products

Darran

Hi Darran, my only agenda is to share my experience of using g101, i never mentioned anything about any of our products, its a genuine warning if its not used with extreme caution well need i say anymore, when i used it many years ago i had no one to warn me but i did realize how harsh the product was over time, i cant imagine that i am the only member on here who knows how harsh this product really is.

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 08:25:02 am »
Tadgh, yes I suppose your right really you can't push anything without an operational website :-\

Seriously, I know we have opposing views, and yes I would agree if I used g101 at full strength on the same UPVC every month then at some point down the years their would be damage - which is where you are coming from, however, g101 is used as a diluted single shot application.  From my end I need something that cleans off heavily soiling instantly and effectively with minimal effort, time is money and g101 ticks all the boxes.

If your cleaner can beat g101 for cleaning power I'd happily use it and recommend it.

Darran

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 09:16:55 am »
Tadgh, yes I suppose your right really you can't push anything without an operational website :-\

Seriously, I know we have opposing views, and yes I would agree if I used g101 at full strength on the same UPVC every month then at some point down the years their would be damage - which is where you are coming from, however, g101 is used as a diluted single shot application.  From my end I need something that cleans off heavily soiling instantly and effectively with minimal effort, time is money and g101 ticks all the boxes.

If your cleaner can beat g101 for cleaning power I'd happily use it and recommend it.

Darran
   Hi Darran, like i said my agenda had nothing to do with any of our products, but to warn about the dangers of using such harsh products, i think with the questions Kevin was asking he is probably new enough to the industry, and for yourself Darran if you think it takes years of continuous use for the damage to happen you would want to think again, that it why i recommended that Kevin would read the instructions and study the msds  and most important use the product with extreme caution, for that case any product containing sodium hydroxide has to be used with extreme caution, i can tell you Darran if you think a product which contains sodium hydroxide and your using at 20% will not damage surfaces trust me on this Darran you would want to think again, because believe me over the years i have seen huge amounts of damage caused by such harsh cleaning chemicals, hope that this information may be of benefit.

jarvy

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »
Hi
I used tfr for the 1st time today. Wish I had used it years ago. Made a conny clean a piece of cake.
A couple of questions though, do you dilute or use neat? And is viro-sol or ubik any better?
Thanks, steven
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Kevin Miller

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 03:14:59 pm »
Darren and tadgh thanks so much for your input it's really appreciated, yes I'm new to cleaning conservatory's. Only cleaned 2 cons and used no de-greaser. Tadgh what issues have you had in the past with the auto smart? Darren has used it hundreds of times with great results using at 80% water 20% auto smart? How did you use it.  Tadgh what do you use instead?