Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin Miller

Advice please on the gardiners clx 22
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:15:43 pm »
Ok I've decided I'm going to get the clx 22 https://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/CL-X-Carbon-Composite-Pole-CLX_22.html
I'm going to be using it for cleaning g/s/f and conservatories. However being completely new to WFP all the different options are confusing me. Which ones should I be choosing.

Choose QuicK-LoQ Gooseneck
Choose QuicK-LoQ Brush
Wide Fanjets Fitted to QuicK-LoQ Brush instead of Pencil Jets
Choose Pole Hose
Choose Pole Hose Connector Type (think I want hozelock for this one)

Paul erithwc

Re: Advice please on the gardiners clx 22
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 03:03:27 pm »
I would forget the clx and pay the extra for a

slx 22
free resi neck
supa ligh medium mixed
pencil jets
yellow hoze

Paul

Kevin Miller

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:09:34 pm »
I would forget the clx and pay the extra for a

slx 22
free resi neck
supa ligh medium mixed
pencil jets
yellow hoze

Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul, appreciated. Why do you say get the slx? What the difference between the 2 other than price? Is the slx lighter. Cheers again

Paul erithwc

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 03:41:28 pm »
slx is lighter and more rigid, the extra rigidity comes in  handly for windows above conservatories, removing bird/bee crap and trying to close open windows.

Paul

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 04:27:57 pm »
Get the white sill brush fitted with fan jets if it's for plastics. Reason I say white is when a bristle comes off and gets stuck in a gutter bracket, you won't see it  ;)

I'd go for the CLX for the work you will be using it for. Get EZ-snap female connector fitted to the pole hose, also get extra pole hose (a decent amount so you can get round connys etc) and one of these if you're hooking up to custys water http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/adapter-to-useez-snap-end-stop-hose-a-standard-fitment-pole-hose.html

Then Bob's yer uncle  :D
We look at them, they look through them.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 05:04:40 pm »
Kevin miller.

Are you just trad at the moment?

Kevin Miller

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 05:18:09 pm »
Kevin miller.

I'm nothing at the moment lol. No I'm a pressure washer by trade but it goes quiet for me over winter so I'm looking to clean gutters, facias and soffits ideally by water fed pole. I've also cleaned a couple of conservatories so just trying to learn as much as I can. I very much doubt I'll clean windows full time but just trying to learn so when I clean conservatories roofs I can do their conny windows as well. I won't be using pure water. I know that if the roofs are clear glass they will need sqeegeeing of if using tap water

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 05:46:37 pm »
Ok I've decided I'm going to get the clx 22 https://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/CL-X-Carbon-Composite-Pole-CLX_22.html
I'm going to be using it for cleaning g/s/f and conservatories. However being completely new to WFP all the different options are confusing me. Which ones should I be choosing.

Choose QuicK-LoQ Gooseneck
Choose QuicK-LoQ Brush
Wide Fanjets Fitted to QuicK-LoQ Brush instead of Pencil Jets
Choose Pole Hose
Choose Pole Hose Connector Type (think I want hozelock for this one)

QuicK-LoQ Resi-Neck
Sill Medium Mixed
Wide Fanjets Fitted
Yellow PVC Hose
Hozelock (probably as this will allow you to plug into a standard hose reel)

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »
my first pole was clx22 and i cant rate them highly enough,sure the slx is better being full carbon but if your just starting out and moneys tight than clx all the way, i got the medium mixed superlight and pencil jets.
ive found for the fanjets to do a decent job you need a higher flow rate.
i now use slx22 with a extreme brush and a swivel neck as my everyday combo.

H20cleaning

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 05:55:56 pm »
Kevin miller.

I'm nothing at the moment lol. No I'm a pressure washer by trade but it goes quiet for me over winter so I'm looking to clean gutters, facias and soffits ideally by water fed pole. I've also cleaned a couple of conservatories so just trying to learn as much as I can. I very much doubt I'll clean windows full time but just trying to learn so when I clean conservatories roofs I can do their conny windows as well. I won't be using pure water. I know that if the roofs are clear glass they will need sqeegeeing of if using tap water
Conservatorys, facias and gutters are basically summer jobs aswell to be honest.
I dont get many in winter time

Kevin Miller

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 07:02:01 pm »
Kevin miller.

Conservatorys, facias and gutters are basically summer jobs aswell to be honest.
I dont get many in winter time

Yeah thought that may be the case but as I'm looking to clean out gutters may be able to get some work combining the 2 maybe plus also will be another string to my bow next year.

Plankton

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 07:08:41 pm »
Swivel neck is a must for me. clx 22 and 27 are good value. I've shelved my slx as I haven't got round to replacing the old clamps

Kevin Miller

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 07:55:27 pm »
Swivel neck is a must for me. clx 22 and 27 are good value. I've shelved my slx as I haven't got round to replacing the old clamps

Why is the swivel neck a must Alan. Is it hard to use?

Cheers

Kev

mufcglen

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 09:29:23 pm »
i agree after using one ive never gone back,good for when you cant clean the windows square on, you can tilt brush head slightly and other situations like tight space between walls etc!

Don Kee

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 09:42:06 pm »
You wont want a swivel neck if its for gutters and fascias
For windows then yeah, i'd get the standard resi neck for now and get used to cleaning the Upvc first mate

Get a sill brush with wide fans as well

Pretty much get what mr gardiner (the bloke who sells the stuff) has already poted above. If you're just getting started its pretty much all you'll need,  you can get the adaptors and other necks later when you're used to it all
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Plankton

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 10:03:56 pm »

Why is the swivel neck a must Alan. Is it hard to use?

Cheers

Kev
The next post summed up the reason for swivel neck.

SeanK

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:03 pm »
The clx 22 wont be long enough for fascia and soffits even on a 2 storey property it wont
reach the top of the gables.
I would recommend a SLX30 for fascia and soffit work.

H20cleaning

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 12:20:20 am »
I use a clx 27 for all my residential work,connys and UPVC cleans... I love it! Next time i will get a slx 25 just for the weigh difference

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 03:25:23 am »
Thanks for letting me know.

Clx 27 then drop two sections when you don't need em.

Fan jets is a must. Helps with cleaning.

Goes for hozelock fittings as it will be easier for you to use customers tap.

Alex has mentioned everything else.

People will have work done all year round. Just gotta knock or leaflet.

Kevin Miller

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 06:48:52 am »
The clx 22 wont be long enough for fascia and soffits even on a 2 storey property it wont
reach the top of the gables.
I would recommend a SLX30 for fascia and soffit work.

Not saying your wrong as I've not used one and I'm new to WFP however I've got a cheap 18ft WFP which I got from amazon and that reaches my gutters.  I'm guessing your average 2 storey house is 6 metres high and that is 19ft, still leaving another 3ft available. Like I said I'm not saying your wrong I'm just after clarification as money is tight and I can only just stretch to the clx 22 so don't want to spend the money on it if it's not going to reach