Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

J.D

Re: Dropping flyers in winter
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 07:08:23 pm »
Love all the replies to this and the different outcomes. Not to mention the little quarrelsome bitching!  ;D

groundhog

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 07:28:27 pm »
Sorry that my experience was different to yours!! I will lie in future to fit in with other comments!! Maybe rather than getting upset and trying to ridicule me, you should perhaps ask yourself why do I get better results from my flyers than you? For a start I only use really good quality flyers, I use small A5 ones and I laminate each one, the reason I do this is that it makes it harder to throw away.. they can't simply pick the leaflet up and screw it up and throw it in the bin, it almost forces them to look at it and read it. And as it is A5 size it is more convenient to keep for future reference. The time I got 100 customers from a 300 leaflet drop was on a brand new estate, and I followed each drop up with a door knock the following day. I rarely use leaflets these days as my round is fairly full, but I always carry plenty of business cards, and drop them through doors close to my existing customers a few times every year, and get a steady response from them
and all from a focus  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What a pathetic little snidy comment, the paragraph above is actually great advice for anyone starting out in window cleaning, I really don't know why I bother with this forum sometimes!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 07:45:55 pm »
Sorry that my experience was different to yours!! I will lie in future to fit in with other comments!! Maybe rather than getting upset and trying to ridicule me, you should perhaps ask yourself why do I get better results from my flyers than you? For a start I only use really good quality flyers, I use small A5 ones and I laminate each one, the reason I do this is that it makes it harder to throw away.. they can't simply pick the leaflet up and screw it up and throw it in the bin, it almost forces them to look at it and read it. And as it is A5 size it is more convenient to keep for future reference. The time I got 100 customers from a 300 leaflet drop was on a brand new estate, and I followed each drop up with a door knock the following day. I rarely use leaflets these days as my round is fairly full, but I always carry plenty of business cards, and drop them through doors close to my existing customers a few times every year, and get a steady response from them
What a pathetic little snidy comment, the paragraph above is actually great advice for anyone starting out in window cleaning, I really don't know why I bother with this forum sometimes!
on your wya out shut the door behind you bye bye  ;D ;D ;D ;D

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 07:51:28 pm »
on your wya out shut the door behind you bye bye  ;D ;D ;D ;D
idiot!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 08:00:41 pm »

[/quote]idiot!

[/quote]about the only bit of truth you spoken all-day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thank you :P

J.D

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 08:21:31 pm »
A bit of the greened eyed monster I fear!

duncan h

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 09:21:54 pm »
It was a good tread till the child started. You always get 1 on forums, It spoils it. Grow up turd.
I deliver about 50 at a time. The most I got was 3 new customers. Normally 1, but sometimes 0. Don't want to pee people off knocking on doors. Some people really hate it (ME) Put my free add in Yell and got 1 local. Need web site now. Most people go on PC to search for anything

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 09:37:58 pm »
Anyone done a big flyer drop over the winter months say from October to March? Did you get a decent response?

I feel like trying hard over winter to build my round up and don't feel like door knocking so wondered what flyer dropping is like in winter.

Thanks.

Yes. Response rate about a third of the summer response rate.

Vin

Thank you.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 11:23:28 pm »
Leaflets are a complete and utter waste of time. Forget about ever dropping any, anywhere!!
Leave it for tesco, morrisons, asda, aldi, lidl, virgin, sky, ...... etc, etc, Oh yes, and me!!

groundhog

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2014, 09:07:11 am »
Correct me if im wrong but how can you be fairly full if you gain customers so easy with minimal leaflets??  you can simply do 4 leaflet drops of 1000 and gain 200 £25 min charge customers from it giving you £5000 a month return?? Id be more than full if i was in your shoes gaining gold dust customers like that.

We are singing from a different hymne sheet Mick! Your expectations of running your own business are very different to mine!!  ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 10:00:50 am »

I would love 160 customers at £25 a pop. Easy life.

lee_dewing

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 10:22:58 am »
Robert.
Not meaning to sound sarcastic but winter starts 21 st december.

If you leaflet in September October your in autum.

You could argue that the customers you ger will be keepers.

Unlike tbe sunshine brigade you pick up spring and summer.

If you want a window cleaning service then I can't see what difference it makes what season it is.

As sean says look out for the Christmas clean brigade if you do do them charge at least 50% more
and tell them that next clean will be cheaper from then on for regular monthlies.

Good luck Robert.
Seems word is to leaflet then knock 2 days later.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

groundhog

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 02:07:57 pm »
Leaflets are a complete and utter waste of time. Forget about ever dropping any, anywhere!!
Leave it for tesco, morrisons, asda, aldi, lidl, virgin, sky, ...... etc, etc, Oh yes, and me!!

Especially if you live in the Hants/Surrey area, total waste of time!!  ;)

Mick Kent

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 06:05:29 pm »
Correct me if im wrong but how can you be fairly full if you gain customers so easy with minimal leaflets??  you can simply do 4 leaflet drops of 1000 and gain 200 £25 min charge customers from it giving you £5000 a month return?? Id be more than full if i was in your shoes gaining gold dust customers like that.

We are singing from a different hymne sheet Mick! Your expectations of running your own business are very different to mine!!  ;)
Defo different sheets. Thankfully otherwise ill be living in a dreamworld too.

robbo333

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2014, 04:57:25 pm »
You can drop flyers in the winter but your response will be far less compared to springtime.
If you're serious about a business then do a 'test drop'. Pick a good area and just do 5,000, see how you get on. (not December or January).
I find Google Adwords quite good in the winter. IMO
And as much as you don't like canvassing, learn it, deal with it, get on with it!
Don't think of it as canvassing, think of it as 'just having a quick chat'  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Ernest House

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »
I Have Had 5000 Leaflets For Number Of Years , I Did Go Out And Delivered Some By Hand & Got No Responce
But I Only Delivered 200 . So I Thought Put Them In The Office & Leave Them . I Am Now Re Thinking This .

SeanK

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 12:45:07 pm »
I Have Had 5000 Leaflets For Number Of Years , I Did Go Out And Delivered Some By Hand & Got No Responce
But I Only Delivered 200 . So I Thought Put Them In The Office & Leave Them . I Am Now Re Thinking This .

You might as well deliver them what have you got to lose, go in the evening and you might get chatting to
a few people/customers.
Plus its a nice way of keeping fit.

8weekly

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 12:49:01 pm »
Waste of time leaflets.

Mick Kent

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2014, 02:04:30 pm »
I wouldnt say they are a total waste of time! Could be handy if your ever cought short with no toilet paper to hand!

DG Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 02:29:01 pm »
Robert.
Not meaning to sound sarcastic but winter starts 21 st december.

If you leaflet in September October your in autum.

You could argue that the customers you ger will be keepers.

Unlike tbe sunshine brigade you pick up spring and summer.

If you want a window cleaning service then I can't see what difference it makes what season it is.

As sean says look out for the Christmas clean brigade if you do do them charge at least 50% more
and tell them that next clean will be cheaper from then on for regular monthlies.

Good luck Robert.
Seems word is to leaflet then knock 2 days later.

Winter starts 21st December?
Try selling that one to the custies ;D